Author Topic: LeBron to CLE is horrible news for the C's  (Read 20973 times)

Re: LeBron to CLE is horrible news for the C's
« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2014, 07:11:33 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Strange- the Cav's just unloaded Alonzo Gee. He's 3M worth of trade filler. So they are left with:

Verejao at $9.7M
Bennett at 5.6M
Thompson at 5.1M
Waiters at 4.1M

They also have other salaries adding up to about 3M

They will have to part with at least two of the guys above(or sign Wiggins and include him in the list in a month), and possibly some of the filler to make this work.

I don't see them moving Verejao, because otherwise they'd have no size. Don't see the other three being good enough, so the only option is Wiggins and one or more of the above. Is that enough?

I just read somewhere that the Pelicans trade may have something to do with Asik.  If they get Asik maybe they can't get Love.  But I would think Houston might be ripe for Love again.....

« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2014, 08:50:27 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Lebron going to Cleveland is great news for the Cs.

We got their center and their first round draft pick.

« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2014, 08:54:42 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
For whatever it's worth:

Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO
FYI: Again, Thursday afternoon, Cavs source told @FOXSportsOH: "Andrew Wiggins is not being traded."

I don't think it is 100% that Love gets traded to Clev.  It does seem like the Cavs have all the leverage in that situation though.  If Minn doesn't like our offer, and doesn't like the GSW's offer then what is pushing Clev to include Wiggins anyway?  What team is in there with something that Flip likes that raises Love's price?

I dunno, if I was Clev I would just play this year with Wiggins, low ball Flip for Love and see if he eventually blinks.  Flip obviously doesn't want the boston or gs deals as they exist now.  Flip will end up crashing and burning with Love going to free agency with nothing in return.  Then the Cavs are free just to add him as a free agent and keep wiggins.  That would be the real nail in the coffin for the rest of the east teams.

If they are patient, with Wiggins and Lebron they could have the next Jordan and Pippen duo, plus they have Kyrie Irving. Lebron did say in his letter that they are not ready as a team yet to contend, and he will have to be patient.

« Reply #138 on: July 11, 2014, 09:32:03 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Strange- the Cav's just unloaded Alonzo Gee. He's 3M worth of trade filler. So they are left with:

Verejao at $9.7M
Bennett at 5.6M
Thompson at 5.1M
Waiters at 4.1M

They also have other salaries adding up to about 3M

They will have to part with at least two of the guys above(or sign Wiggins and include him in the list in a month), and possibly some of the filler to make this work.

I don't see them moving Verejao, because otherwise they'd have no size. Don't see the other three being good enough, so the only option is Wiggins and one or more of the above. Is that enough?
Again my proposal comes back into focus: Love, Pekovic, and Martin for Wiggins, Varejao, Thompson, Waiters, Bennett.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #139 on: July 11, 2014, 09:33:11 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
For whatever it's worth:

Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO
FYI: Again, Thursday afternoon, Cavs source told @FOXSportsOH: "Andrew Wiggins is not being traded."

I don't think it is 100% that Love gets traded to Clev.  It does seem like the Cavs have all the leverage in that situation though.  If Minn doesn't like our offer, and doesn't like the GSW's offer then what is pushing Clev to include Wiggins anyway?  What team is in there with something that Flip likes that raises Love's price?

I dunno, if I was Clev I would just play this year with Wiggins, low ball Flip for Love and see if he eventually blinks.  Flip obviously doesn't want the boston or gs deals as they exist now.  Flip will end up crashing and burning with Love going to free agency with nothing in return.  Then the Cavs are free just to add him as a free agent and keep wiggins.  That would be the real nail in the coffin for the rest of the east teams.

If they are patient, with Wiggins and Lebron they could have the next Jordan and Pippen duo, plus they have Kyrie Irving. Lebron did say in his letter that they are not ready as a team yet to contend, and he will have to be patient.
he said it, but he doesn't really believe it.  He just learned from last time and wants to temper expectations rather than blow them out of proportion.  I firmly believe Lebron expects at least a Finals appearance if not a title in year one.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #140 on: July 11, 2014, 10:56:56 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

Sweet bro, a scrub and a late first. That's the microscale effect.

On the macroscale, it's bad. Cleveland is a powerhouse for the next 4 years at least and now Love will probably join them.

« Reply #141 on: July 11, 2014, 11:04:27 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Theres a chance cavs don't trade wiggins. And decide to hold off on trading for love, we will see hopefully soon

« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2014, 11:22:35 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
Aren't you the guy who just asked how the Celtics with Rondo and Green could be better than last season?

Yeah, but that was under the implication the roster was still the same and we wouldnt get Love.

Was it also under the implication that we didn't draft Smart and Young, or acquire Zeller and Thornton, or that Rondo's health wouldn't be much better?

If a person wants to see the glass 3/4 empty, it's amazing the things a person will refuse to see.

Smart and Young are not ready yet. And Zeller is not as good as Hump was/is, If they get major minutes we certainly wont be better than last year. Rondo being healthy is the only thing that could possibly make us better. But who wants that? I am either tank to the bottom of the league or go all in and try to win a championship or at least be a top 3 seed.

Anybody who is fine making the playoffs as a 8-4 seed and getting bounced is lost. It's all about 18, not losing to the Bulls/Cavs in round 2.

« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2014, 11:33:44 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
For whatever it's worth:

Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO

he said it, but he doesn't really believe it.  He just learned from last time and wants to temper expectations rather than blow them out of proportion.  I firmly believe Lebron expects at least a Finals appearance if not a title in year one.

He'd better believe it if he doesn't add someone like Love to the team.

« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2014, 11:37:50 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
CLE would be idiots to hold out on the Wiggins issue.  I understand the allure of potential but c'mon.....

You're talking the difference between getting a championship or multiple championships in the forseeable future if they add Love to the mix or risk missing out because you got too wrapped up in a rookie's ceiling.   

It'd be foolish.

Wiggins is already better than Kevin Love right now.

Defensively, yes.

And offensively.

And he's better at long division. The metrics go either way on his card counting, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrZHPOeOxQQ
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 12:29:22 AM by Smokeeye123 »

« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2014, 11:50:30 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
If the Celtics were ever really in the hunt for Kevin Love, well, one league source says, “That’s done now."

Baxter holmes

« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2014, 11:58:09 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
If the Celtics were ever really in the hunt for Kevin Love, well, one league source says, “That’s done now."

Baxter holmes

Do you think that's true, or is it just league 'sources,' just trying to add onto that? I mean Ainge can still get us some productive players in a 3 way trade...
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2014, 11:59:08 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Baxter holmes

So Kevin Love will be a Celtic then?

« Reply #148 on: July 12, 2014, 12:39:28 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

Sweet bro, a scrub and a late first. That's the microscale effect.

On the macroscale, it's bad. Cleveland is a powerhouse for the next 4 years at least and now Love will probably join them.

No one can predict the future.
A lot can happen to upset the apple cart.

« Reply #149 on: July 12, 2014, 05:30:56 AM »

Offline n4nirvana

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Best case scenario

Cavs and Sota don't get a deal done

Love completes season and becomes FA

Love picks Celtics next year