Author Topic: the new rockets with bosh = scary  (Read 2685 times)

Re: the new rockets with bosh = scary
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 02:17:05 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
Houston becomes marginally better in a stacked Western conference. They'll score plenty but they won't stop anyone either.

I don't know about that. Bosh/Howard is the best defensive frontcourt in the league. They won't be defensive powerhouses, but I doubt they'll be liabilities either.

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 02:18:03 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
This is where Danny calls his old buddy Daryl and offers a bunch of non-guaranteeds for Asik and a 1st.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 02:26:07 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
This is where Danny calls his old buddy Daryl and offers a bunch of non-guaranteeds for Asik and a 1st.

And for what? Asik is gonna get paid once his contract ends... Unless we get Love, or somehow snag him. I have no interest in Asik now.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 02:59:05 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
With Howard in the middle, Bosh is going to be the jump shooter he largely was in Miami, which is a misutilization of his talents. And with Harden taking as many shots as he does, I just don't see Houston getting a whole lot more from Bosh than they did from Parsons (I think Bosh is much better, but Houston isn't a great match for what he does). I think getting Bosh means the Rockets have a better shot of getting to the 2nd round (and they could always go all the way, you never know how the season plays out), but I don't think they're going to be the beasts of the West or anything. Still arguably the 3rd/4th best team out there. I'd place the Clippers and Spurs as definitely better than the Rockets.

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 03:05:19 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

And for what? Asik is gonna get paid once his contract ends... Unless we get Love, or somehow snag him. I have no interest in Asik now.

Ditto. No interest in Asik.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 03:16:01 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Hang on. If they clear Asik and Lin on short notice, and get Bosh to fill his max contract paperwork double quick, can't Houston still go over the cap to match Dallas' offer to Parsons? 

Yes.

They have until Sunday.

That is why yes, I think they become a scarey good team.  Mainly since Bosh has been a 1-C player behind Wade and Lebron for two years, I think people forget how good of a player he is.  If they can get a Bosh and Howard pairing to work they will be a handful.

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2014, 03:40:23 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
If reports are correct, how exactly can Houston match Parsons' offer AND sign Bosh? I realize they are dumping Lin and Asik, but they basically have 4 max contract players.