Author Topic: the new rockets with bosh = scary  (Read 2680 times)

the new rockets with bosh = scary
« on: July 11, 2014, 12:52:07 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
Bosh is an underrated player. Now Kevin McHale will be his coach. And bosh paired with Dwight is the best frontcourt in the league.

Re: the new rockets with bosh = scary
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 12:56:18 PM »

Offline NorthernLightning

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • zap
how dumb was morey to let Parsons out of his minimal contract, overconfident that he could get him back?

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 12:58:53 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Bosh is an underrated player. Now Kevin McHale will be his coach. And bosh paired with Dwight is the best frontcourt in the league.

Easily. Bosh is a great fit with Dwight, much better fit than he was in Miami. I can see Bosh putting up huge numbers in Houston.

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 01:09:38 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Could be an empty roster around the stars for a year:

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA  ·  57s
Rival GM: "Houston is trying to clear the deck. Everyone in play except for their main guys." Max space for Chris Bosh, on the way.

Hopefully Danny can get some more value.

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 01:16:23 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

Rival GM: "Houston is trying to clear the deck. Everyone in play except for their main guys." Max space for Chris Bosh, on the way.

Asik and Lin should be the only must trades, with the low contract guys used as throw ins if needed.
If those 2 guys are gone they will have over the 21 million needed to land Bosh.

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 01:21:50 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Who knows he may follow LeBron.

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 01:22:02 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Asik and Lin should be the only must trades, with the low contract guys used as throw ins if needed.
If those 2 guys are gone they will have over the 21 million needed to land Bosh.

No they won't, not even close if they're keeping Parsons, which they are.  Larry Coon twittered about it the other day, but they pretty much have to get rid of everyone to sign Bosh and keep Parsons.

Furthermore, the Pelicans don't have room for Asik alone, so there's no way they can take on an extra player.  There is room for bargain hunting, as the trades need to be completed today or tomorrow.

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 01:24:00 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Easily. Bosh is a great fit with Dwight, much better fit than he was in Miami. I can see Bosh putting up huge numbers in Houston.

Yup. Houston jumps to a pretty high contender in my eyes with Harden, Bosh, Howard. A Bosh Howard duo is pretty lethal in my eyes.

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 01:27:04 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I don't trust Harden in a big game, and I don't trust Howard ever. Bosh and Parsons are good players, but not go-to players.

I don't think they become an instant powerhouse. Their bench is gonna be depleted.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 01:29:17 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Hang on. If they clear Asik and Lin on short notice, and get Bosh to fill his max contract paperwork double quick, can't Houston still go over the cap to match Dallas' offer to Parsons? 
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 01:35:29 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Hang on. If they clear Asik and Lin on short notice, and get Bosh to fill his max contract paperwork double quick, can't Houston still go over the cap to match Dallas' offer to Parsons? 

Yes.

They have until Sunday.

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 01:43:25 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I don't think they can beat OKC or San Antonio. Especially if OKC get Pau.

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 01:45:00 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Houston becomes marginally better in a stacked Western conference. They'll score plenty but they won't stop anyone either.

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 01:52:14 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

No they won't, not even close if they're keeping Parsons, which they are.  Larry Coon twittered about it the other day, but they pretty much have to get rid of everyone to sign Bosh and keep Parsons.

Furthermore, the Pelicans don't have room for Asik alone, so there's no way they can take on an extra player.  There is room for bargain hunting, as the trades need to be completed today or tomorrow.

Huh. There is always some new wrinkle to he CBA. I thought once Parsons signed the offer sheet, that figure counted as a cap place holder.

No matter what you r right in that there is an opportunity to squeeze a prospect or a pick out of a trade here. I am sure Ainge is on the hunt.

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 02:03:06 PM »

Offline rondolicious

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 0
Houston becomes marginally better in a stacked Western conference. They'll score plenty but they won't stop anyone either.

I agree. Don't see Houston as a guaranteed contender. Why couldn't we make a play for him. With Thornton and the non guaranteed in sign and trade, we could offer a max. Much easier conference and we would still have assets to go after a third piece this year or next to pair with him and Rondo.