Author Topic: LeBron James: "I'm coming home" - Decides to Return to the Cleveland Cavaliers  (Read 13133 times)

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 41
  • Celtic Pride
Great essay! Lebron James has my respect for coming home

I wonder how many Miami 'fans' are now Cleveland 'fans'. #Bandwagon
Dutch Celtics Pride

Offline nicknorman

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
Well Lebron redeems his legacy I guess...

How does he do that. Am I the only one who thinks that cutting and running after your team loses is just as bad as what he did 4 years ago? Why is he getting respect for leaving his team for a team that now has a better chance to win? Magic, Larry, Jordan, Russell, Kobe... stayed with their teams through the thick and thin.

When is the last time an MVP and champion switched teams after losing in the playoffs?

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Kareem '74.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
Cavs got ty lue as assistant coach now.

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

How does he do that. Am I the only one who thinks that cutting and running after your team loses is just as bad as what he did 4 years ago?

He redeems himself by not going to the Lakers, Clippers, Knicks or some other big market.  And NOBODY feels bad for Miami or their sucky fans if they get screwed over.

Mike

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
The most interesting thing I see in Lebron's "Coming Home" letter is that there is NO mention of Andrew Wiggins...

Foreshadowing?

I haven't read the letter, but apparently it mentions Dion Waiters.  It's possible Cleveland's roster problems from the first Lebron era stemmed in part from allowing Lebron to have input on roster moves.  He's reportedly the guy who wanted to bring in Mo Williams, Larry Hughes, and Antawn Jamison while allegedly vetoing a deal for Amare Stoudemire because he didn't want to part with JJ Hickson.  (Other reports suggest that Phoenix wanted Cleveland to waive a physical for Amare.)
and other reports say Phoenix backed out because they liked trade proposals from other teams better but just couldn't get the fine points worked out.

Why on earth anyone would think that James would rather play with Hickson than Amare is beyond me.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

How does he do that. Am I the only one who thinks that cutting and running after your team loses is just as bad as what he did 4 years ago? Why is he getting respect for leaving his team for a team that now has a better chance to win? Magic, Larry, Jordan, Russell, Kobe... stayed with their teams through the thick and thin.

When is the last time an MVP and champion switched teams after losing in the playoffs?

It's worse.

Four years = 4 finals appearances, two Championships.

Turned his back on a fantastic organization that has done everything within it's power to give LeBron a chance to win Championships.

I can understand leaving Cleveland where your 2nd best player is Anderson Varejao and you are frustrated you cannot win due to all bad decisions. But leaving an organization that has treated LeBron as well as Miami has = I hate that. Screwed over everyone involved in the Miami Heat organization. His teammates (Bosh, Wade, etc), the coaching staff, the front office, the ownership and the fans.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
As I have said all along ANYONE THAT DID NOT SEE THIS COMING WAS IN DENIAL!!!

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

It's worse.

Turned his back on a fantastic organization that has done everything within it's power to give LeBron a chance to win Championships.

I can understand leaving Cleveland where your 2nd best player is Anderson Varejao and you are frustrated you cannot win due to all bad decisions. But leaving an organization that has treated LeBron as well as Miami has = I hate that. Screwed over everyone involved in the Miami Heat organization. His teammates (Bosh, Wade, etc), the coaching staff, the front office, the ownership and the fans.

Agreed, but what "fans". Also do you see, Cavs management better than it was 4 years ago?

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Miami fans are awful.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

It's worse.

Agreed, but what "fans". Also do you see, Cavs management better than it was 4 years ago?

Cleveland just fired their GM a few months ago. They also blew a #1 pick in Anthony Bennett and made another two questionable high lottery selections (T.Thompson, D.Waiters) in past drafts. Finished a four year spell where they went 97 wins against 215 losses.

Cavs management has achieved little and has a lot to prove.

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Miami fans are awful.

I just read that the Heat Twitter has lost over 300,000 followers already today

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Miami fans are awful.

I just read that the Heat Twitter has lost over 300,000 followers already today

I wonder how many followers Boston will lose if they trade Rondo?  ;D

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Marc J. Spears @SpearsNBAYahoo
LeBron James taking a two-year, $42 million deal with opt out in second season with Cavs so he can get max in next CBA, source said.