Author Topic: Could Lebron simply be pulling one of the greatest trolls ever on Dan Gilbert?  (Read 4169 times)

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
It's human nature to hold grudges and look for revenge whenever available.  The challenge is to rise above those natural feelings and be a bigger man.

Dan Gilbert held a grudge and, in revenge, wrote a letter...one that, given the current situation, that I'm sure he wishes he never wrote.  If that letter becomes the instrument that keeps Lebron from returning to Cleveland, then it's easy to see why grudges and revenge are not the preferred path we should take with those who have wronged us.

On the other hand, if Lebron is serious about Ohio being home, loving the area, and wanting to bring something special to the people there, then he will forgive and forget that letter...rise above it...and return to the Cavaliers.

Young and stupid go together like peanut butter and jelly...as you age, you begin to learn what is truly important in this world and, hopefully, your priorities change.  He's made his point...he's made a ton of money...now may be the time to go home and finish his career in Cleveland.  Be the bigger man, return despite "the letter", and give the fans a chance at significance again in professional sports.

He needs to return to Cleveland.

Rak

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
he would never do that to Cleveland.  He may end up staying in Miami, but it wouldn't be about him trolling Gilbert.  He is legitimately torn, just like he was when he left.

exactly

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
That would be so funny, but also really sad for all Cleveland fans.

Which means it fits pretty comfortably into the canon of Cleve's sports lore.

Haha funny yes but if I was Lebron and did this I would be worried about my life and safety.

Why? I think even sports fans realize that it's just sports.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
It's human nature to hold grudges and look for revenge whenever available.  The challenge is to rise above those natural feelings and be a bigger man.

Dan Gilbert held a grudge and, in revenge, wrote a letter...one that, given the current situation, that I'm sure he wishes he never wrote.  If that letter becomes the instrument that keeps Lebron from returning to Cleveland, then it's easy to see why grudges and revenge are not the preferred path we should take with those who have wronged us.

On the other hand, if Lebron is serious about Ohio being home, loving the area, and wanting to bring something special to the people there, then he will forgive and forget that letter...rise above it...and return to the Cavaliers.

Young and stupid go together like peanut butter and jelly...as you age, you begin to learn what is truly important in this world and, hopefully, your priorities change.  He's made his point...he's made a ton of money...now may be the time to go home and finish his career in Cleveland.  Be the bigger man, return despite "the letter", and give the fans a chance at significance again in professional sports.

He needs to return to Cleveland.

Rak

It would look great for his reputation if he's the bigger man and forgives Gilbert for his childish letter.  I think it would be the best move for his basketball career as well.  Cleveland has a lot of young talent who would improve dramatically with Lebron on the team.  Irving and Wiggins (if he's not traded) would help ensure Lebron would contend for titles for the rest of his career.

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
That would be so funny, but also really sad for all Cleveland fans.

Which means it fits pretty comfortably into the canon of Cleve's sports lore.

Haha funny yes but if I was Lebron and did this I would be worried about my life and safety.

Why? I think even sports fans realize that it's just sports.

tell that to the clowns in Detroit.

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I really don't think Lebron is leading anybody on.

He hasn't promised anything to anybody and I don't put any stock into what Chris Sheridan says with his BS "90 percent chance Lebron goes to Cleveland" story.  Yeah okay, how did he come up with that number?

Anyway, I also don't think I would go back to a team if a pinhead like Dan Gilbert wrote a nasty letter about me.

just by telling Cleveland they have a chance is leading them on.

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I don't think LeBron would want to pour salt in an old wound just to score some childish points against Gilbert. He's not that petty.

Announcement during the Cup game Sunday at halftime?? Then they pan to him on TV for the entire 2nd half w/ a global audience? Likely. Going back to Miami would be a super unexciting thing. CLE would generate serious joy and interest. CLE.

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
From a marketingg persective it could also be Lebron making himself look like the ultimate gentleman by returning to Cleveland, regardless of what happened with 'the letter'.

Return to your home state because there's no place like home, do it for the love of the game and for your home.

Perhaps he's just reminding everyone how much of a dikc Gilbert was and how Lebron is being the bigger man.

Ahhh the beauty of speculation and the internet.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
So this letter thing is an issue NOW?

Why even give Cleveland an opportunity to give a pitch, even if it's to the agent. Don't give me that "kick the tires" crap. He wants to go back, but wants a Gilbert to become a butt kisser for it to happen.

Reily said pretty much the same things, with out the name calling.

If he turns Cleveland down now, he will never be able to visit home. His wife would never get to go home as well. There are some crazy people out there, and this would put them over the edge. Plus the normal people would probably call them out every chance they get. Wouldn't be a good time.

I personally think this is just an excuse to stretch it out. SC reported he had talked to his family and new what they were going to do yesterday. Of course Rumor, but most likely true.

If he doesn't announce today, the rest of the NBA should just go on and make all their trades and tighten any chance of getting good players in trades or in the FA market as they can. Show him that he's not the only thing that make the NBA tick.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I really don't think Lebron is leading anybody on.

He hasn't promised anything to anybody and I don't put any stock into what Chris Sheridan says with his BS "90 percent chance Lebron goes to Cleveland" story.  Yeah okay, how did he come up with that number?

Anyway, I also don't think I would go back to a team if a pinhead like Dan Gilbert wrote a nasty letter about me.

just by telling Cleveland they have a chance is leading them on.

But he's never actually told Cleveland anything.  Matter of fact, he hasn't even met with the Cavs.

Not the GM, coach or ownership.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Well, if he is, he just went next-level on it.