Author Topic: Trade idea - Bos/Det/Min  (Read 1047 times)

Trade idea - Bos/Det/Min
« on: July 11, 2014, 08:22:44 AM »

Offline e4sym0de

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
Green,Sully, Bogans, 2 Picks to Detroit

Monroe, Olynyk, Smart, 2 Picks to Minny

Love, Smith to Boston

For Detroit - Instead of paying Smith&Monroe 28$ per year they pay 12$ to Sully and Green. This is an obvious downgrade quality wise but Smith&Monroe doesn´t fit with Drummond and they would also generate some capspace to sign another decent player. I think the contract of Smith can be considered pretty bad and they get 2 picks

For Minny - They get a nice replacement for Love in Monroe who would be under control for most likely 4 years. They also pick up 2 nice prospects in Smart and Olynyk and get 2 picks. We could also take on martin or barea if they want. They have a longterm core of Rubio/Smart/Monroe/Pek

For Boston - We get Love to pair with Rondo. Getting Smith will make sure that Rondo resigns 2015. While I like Sully and Olynyk, I think neither will be a star and Bass and maybe Humphries would be very nice vets to take their minutes on a contending team.
Rondo/Bradley/Smith/Love/Zeller/Bayless or Barea/Wallace/Young/Bass/Humphries

What do you guys think? Which Picks would have to be included? Im not that savy regarding trade restrictions, so would this trade work when Smart is eligible for a trade.

Re: Trade idea - Bos/Det/Min
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 08:57:42 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Green,Sully, Bogans, 2 Picks to Detroit

Monroe, Olynyk, Smart, 2 Picks to Minny

Love, Smith to Boston

For Detroit - Instead of paying Smith&Monroe 28$ per year they pay 12$ to Sully and Green. This is an obvious downgrade quality wise but Smith&Monroe doesn´t fit with Drummond and they would also generate some capspace to sign another decent player. I think the contract of Smith can be considered pretty bad and they get 2 picks

For Minny - They get a nice replacement for Love in Monroe who would be under control for most likely 4 years. They also pick up 2 nice prospects in Smart and Olynyk and get 2 picks. We could also take on martin or barea if they want. They have a longterm core of Rubio/Smart/Monroe/Pek

For Boston - We get Love to pair with Rondo. Getting Smith will make sure that Rondo resigns 2015. While I like Sully and Olynyk, I think neither will be a star and Bass and maybe Humphries would be very nice vets to take their minutes on a contending team.
Rondo/Bradley/Smith/Love/Zeller/Bayless or Barea/Wallace/Young/Bass/Humphries

What do you guys think? Which Picks would have to be included? Im not that savy regarding trade restrictions, so would this trade work when Smart is eligible for a trade.

We are giving up all of our youth.  I don't like it.  Not to mention giving up 4 first rounders.  We should be some first rounders for taking on Smith's contract.  Plus, we then have the exact same problem Detroit had in that Smith plays best at PF, but Love is with no question our starting PF.

Smitty77

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 09:00:10 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Word that LeBron and Cleveland might be targeting Bosh instead of Love could conceivably put the C's back in play.

(But I don't want Smith anywhere near Boston.)

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 09:00:36 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
gross overpayment for Smith who's not as good as he thinks. 

I don't like the idea of giving up 4 picks along with Green, Sully, Oly AND Smart as well as Bogans cap relief for that pairing.

Even though they're a lot less money and I think we're overpaying for Smith, I don't think Detroit would think that's enough for giving up Monroe and Smith even though Green and Sully seem like a naturally better pairing with Drummond.

I also don't think those pieces would be what Minny wants for trading Love.  If they are indeed looking for vets to win now, I'm not sure they'd see Monroe as satisfying that need.