Author Topic: Preening diva  (Read 3128 times)

Re: Preening diva
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 10:37:14 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I think he has every right to take whatever time to make this decision. It's about him and his family.
It really has nothing to do with the expectations of a timetable for people on blogs. Nothing at all.

It has nothing to do with people on blogs, but it is beginning to affect teams and players.  Cleveland just gave away a young center and a draft pick for nothing in anticipation of him signing with them.  Houston, Parsons, and Bosh are all in limbo waiting the decision and that has a short time table left.  As Bosh's friend, he should at least let him know of his intentions pretty soon. 

He's had plenty of time to weigh his options.  He should make his decision soon so that the NBA can carry on with business.   I think he's fine now, but if this goes on for another couple of days or longer, it won't reflect well on him.

The NBA can carry on with business, it's not LeBron's fault a lot of teams and agents are choosing not to til he decides.  He's not forcing anyone to do anything.

Honestly, I thought the first "Decision" was appalling and classless, but this time around LeBron's barely said jack to anyone.  It's all media speculation and second-hand rumors.  LeBron's got the same right as everyone else to make up his mind on his own - just because he has more leverage than other players doesn't change that at all.

I think a lot of this is just impatient fans who didn't like James to begin with.

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 10:42:33 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I think he has every right to take whatever time to make this decision. It's about him and his family.
It really has nothing to do with the expectations of a timetable for people on blogs. Nothing at all.

Mmmmmmm. I agree he has every right. But part of me also thinks he enjoys watching the Cavs front office squirm a bit.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 10:49:04 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Mmmmmmm. I agree he has every right. But part of me also thinks he enjoys watching the Cavs front office squirm a bit.

Part of me thinks he loves this 24/7 coverage on him.  Center of the sports media world right now.

It's not the Decision: Part II but its doing a very similar thing in a much more dragged out fashion.

Brand recognition, baby!

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 10:54:46 AM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
Cry some more...
Lebron does what he wants.
Every team does what they want.
Your problem is:
Lebron is bigger than any team in the NBA.
Solution: Do something else other than clicking on celticsblog or any NBA sites every minute.

Wow too harsh man. If youre going to disagree why dont you actually debate his point? Oh wait you are agreeing? But just saying Lebron is so big that no one can do anything about it so anyone criticizing him should stop watching the nba?

Give me a break man. Worthless post.

I see you are some self annointed hero. You tell me don't criticise then call my post worthless.
If something is worthless is the constant crying here about Lebron.
And I don't agree with the OP. I think it's natural that the best player hold the cards.
And I never said anybody to stop watching the NBA. I told him/her to not focus on one thing all day (NBA) beacuse it's summer time and no real NBA till october.

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 11:04:57 AM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
I used to dislike labron.
The whole "chosen one", self appointed "king", and "the decision" malarkey made it easy.
But his unselfish play made me soften my opinion.
Now this...
He is a preening diva, a tool. I wish there were a way to put a stop to this but he is the best on the court talent of the era and that makes it possible for him to hold the rest of the league hostage.

Which situation helps more Lebron next year if he wants to win the championship? Miami or Cleveland? I think there is no clear answer that's why no decision. How would you decide if you were in his place?

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 11:16:43 AM »

Offline Celtsfan92

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 11
Sorry, but if you think LeBron "waiting" to make a decision makes him a "preening diva" you're completely wrong and misguided.

How many free agents wait for a long time to sign during the offseason? Typically a good chunk don't sign right away in any given year.

The only reason it seems like he's being a diva is because of the media. LeBron is weighing his options, has every right to do so, and I frankly believe that he is genuinely torn on where to go. It's a major move for both his life and his career no matter what he decides.

Everyone complained about his televised special "The Decision" in 2010, but now that he ISN'T doing that everyone complains more? Give me a break. LeBron isn't holding the NBA hostage, the media and twitter and ESPN are holding YOU and US hostage.

Sure, it seems the Bosh/Parsons fiasco is waiting on LBJ. And maybe Carmelo waits to sign (though if he's just going back to New York idk why he would) until LeBron signs. But is that LeBron's problem? No! He has nothing to do with their negotiations. Blame Chris Bosh. Blame the Rockets. Blame Carmelo and everyone else for refusing to do something until LeBron decides.

If Houston wanted to just match Parsons' offer sheet without waiting for LBJ, they could. If Bosh was just like "screw it" and wanted to go to Houston, he could. Carmelo can sign the dotted line whenever he wants.

This isn't LeBron's fault, and it's not fair to make him the scapegoat. There's just no scenario where that makes any sense because it doesn't matter. Bosh could sign with Miami for the max and force HIS hand and say okay Bron let's go. And if he leaves, Bosh still gets paid, could force a trade, or demand a trade for another superstar (hello Carmelo?!).

These guys are human beings capable of making decisions JUST LIKE YOU AND I. If they wanted to, they would. If they don't, it's their problem.

*frustratedly drops mic*

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2014, 11:19:58 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
What is with the posters dropping their own mics lately?

Had you read the thread, you would know that the point had already been made, with more emphasis on brevity and less on earnestness-slash-condescension. Good job and good effort, though.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.