Author Topic: Preening diva  (Read 3126 times)

Preening diva
« on: July 11, 2014, 07:58:13 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
I used to dislike labron.
The whole "chosen one", self appointed "king", and "the decision" malarkey made it easy.
But his unselfish play made me soften my opinion.
Now this...
He is a preening diva, a tool. I wish there were a way to put a stop to this but he is the best on the court talent of the era and that makes it possible for him to hold the rest of the league hostage.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:03:48 AM by arctic 3.0 »

Re: Preening diva
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 08:09:33 AM »

Offline paidthecost2betheboss

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
TP

I was a hater too till the Celts dismantled and now just know he's a once a gen superstar with freak skills and size.

But..

This is enough. Everyone knows that a buncha stuff is waiting on him. Millions and millions of other folks dollars and teams plans for the coming year are being held hostage by the guy.

If he doesn't go to Cleveland he might as well tie handicapped folks to the back of one of his luxury cars and drag them down the road while clipping children waiting for the school bus.

C'mon.....lets go already!!! >:(

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 08:19:49 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Some of these guys just draw it out because they love to see themselves in the media over and over.  Lebron is on his way to Brazil right now to watch soccer.  The decision probably won't be soon.  He loves the attention.

Guys like Lebron and Carmelo really make me appreciate guys like Duncan and Dirk who have 5 minute meetings with their owners and come out with a contract.  Some guys have loyalty, some are loyal to themselves.

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 08:26:34 AM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
It is really astounding how childish these people are being.

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 08:37:21 AM »

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52
I think he has every right to take whatever time to make this decision. It's about him and his family.
It really has nothing to do with the expectations of a timetable for people on blogs. Nothing at all.

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 09:08:32 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I think he has every right to take whatever time to make this decision. It's about him and his family.
It really has nothing to do with the expectations of a timetable for people on blogs. Nothing at all.

It has nothing to do with people on blogs, but it is beginning to affect teams and players.  Cleveland just gave away a young center and a draft pick for nothing in anticipation of him signing with them.  Houston, Parsons, and Bosh are all in limbo waiting the decision and that has a short time table left.  As Bosh's friend, he should at least let him know of his intentions pretty soon. 

He's had plenty of time to weigh his options.  He should make his decision soon so that the NBA can carry on with business.   I think he's fine now, but if this goes on for another couple of days or longer, it won't reflect well on him.

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 09:19:14 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
so, for lebron, you are reporting that everything is normal and running as usual?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 09:21:40 AM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64

He's had plenty of time to weigh his options.  He should make his decision soon so that the NBA can carry on with business.   I think he's fine now, but if this goes on for another couple of days or longer, it won't reflect well on him.

Yeah looks like people are forcing him to make a decision... LBJ didn't ask Melo/Bosh/Love to wait for his decision before they can decide... they are grown man they refuse to decide and wait for the nba to shake-up once LBJ made his decision...

I'm not hating him on this "decision 2"... I hate him when he supposed to be the best player right now and sometime refuse to fight... he can if he wanted to..
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 09:23:42 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

It has nothing to do with people on blogs, but it is beginning to affect teams and players.  Cleveland just gave away a young center and a draft pick for nothing in anticipation of him signing with them.  Houston, Parsons, and Bosh are all in limbo waiting the decision and that has a short time table left.  As Bosh's friend, he should at least let him know of his intentions pretty soon. 

Why? Because he's inconveniencing the ownership? Excuse me while I cry into my coffee.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 10:04:52 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
As far as Lebron holding up Bosh, as far as I can tell, Bosh's best situation is clearly in Houston, hands-down.

And Bosh is what's holding up Parsons, who would quickly get resigned in Houston if Bosh joined DH and Harden, and HOU would immediately become a powerhouse, especially with that young PF they have coming off the bench as well.

Bosh, Harden, and DH have all played in the Finals with other teams...interesting if they came together as free agents (or S&T, or T&Extend) in Houston.

The teams that are waiting to sign would otherwise probably start getting involved in the trade market for stars, or sign the sub-stars or older stars like Deng. 

SO the TPE couldn't land a big fish because that trade pond is frozen over, yet Danny continues to work by landing another set of assets, 3 of them, in an expiring, a pick, and a prospect.  Perfect haul.

Being able to do anything while so much is locked up is a real credit to Danny, especially right after saying that most TPE's expire...haha...

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 10:11:56 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
LeBron is annoying, BUT, he also has an incredibly tough decision on his hands and he's in an incredible position of power at the moment. Who says he needs to make a quick decision?

Like mentioned above, other players and teams are fully capable of making other moves while he strings this out.

LeBron always made it clear he has aspirations beyond just being a basketball star. He and his 'team' are likely conspiring over how best to milk this situation to the fullest. Can you blame them? I guess. Is it unlikable compared to Dirk and Duncan type moves? Sure. But it is what is is. The dude is the #1 player in basketball in his prime with only a few prime years ahead. This is a massive decision nad he's going to want to milk it not just in terms of which city and team he picks, but how that will play out for his endorsements, ownership potential, 'team', family and so on.

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 10:13:57 AM »

Offline Eric M VAN

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 61
  • No no no, not THAT "Eric M Van".
The Professional Wrestling side of the NBA is extremely amusing. I hope Bosh signs with Houston and Wade hits Lebron in the head with a coconut during his next televised "decision"
"Because there are no fours."
-- Antoine Walker when asked why he shoots so many threes

"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees."
-Jason Kidd

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 10:14:15 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
He hasn't really done anything wrong here.  He has kept quiet this whole time while trying to make a big decision which he has every right to.  He's not the one asking the media and the blogs to overblown every single minor thing he's done in this free agency.  It's the media going crazy over this, not him.  And I don't think he's holding up anybody or any team from making moves.  Like someone pointed out, Bosh and them are grown men that are capable of making decision for themselves and their future.  Lebron isn't asking them to wait for him.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 10:17:54 AM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
Cry some more...
Lebron does what he wants.
Every team does what they want.
Your problem is:
Lebron is bigger than any team in the NBA.
Solution: Do something else other than clicking on celticsblog or any NBA sites every minute.

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 10:27:41 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Cry some more...
Lebron does what he wants.
Every team does what they want.
Your problem is:
Lebron is bigger than any team in the NBA.
Solution: Do something else other than clicking on celticsblog or any NBA sites every minute.

Wow too harsh man. If youre going to disagree why dont you actually debate his point? Oh wait you are agreeing? But just saying Lebron is so big that no one can do anything about it so anyone criticizing him should stop watching the nba?

Give me a break man. Worthless post.