Author Topic: Report: Minnesota Timberwolves targeting Evan Turner  (Read 2260 times)

Report: Minnesota Timberwolves targeting Evan Turner
« on: July 11, 2014, 04:08:35 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
WOW :o  I didn't think that this guy would even get a single offer this summer after what transpired, on and off the court, in Indiana.  If Kevin Love was waiting for a sign from the heavens that now's the time to leave Minnesota, this would be it.  Lebron James says thank you to Flip Saunders ::)

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/10/minnesota-timberwolves-evan-turner-free-agency

Re: Report: Minnesota Timberwolves targeting Evan Turner
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 04:36:25 AM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
They can always ask DA to sign him for them as part of the KLove package ;)
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 06:07:49 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
If I was a Minnesota fan I'd be scared wow
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 07:07:23 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
They can always ask DA to sign him for them as part of the KLove package ;)
My initial thought!

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 07:48:18 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think KLOVE to us is dead in the water.

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 08:39:50 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
This is who we are trying to make a deal with.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 08:56:00 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
What is so bad that supposedly transpired off the court? Turner is a pretty good player, and the Twolves have been desperate for a decent SF for a while now.

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 09:15:52 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I think this would be a guy Celtics should be targeting.  He's another SF need and has one year left on his contract

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 09:17:19 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
T'Wolves really need a SF who can shoot the ball well to provide adequate spacing for rest of the team and to defend well to give them someone who can defend skilled and/or physically imposing wing players.

I think Evan Turner would be a bad fit alongside Rubio and Pekovic because of combined lack of jump-shooting. Kevin Love and Kevin Martin need at least one more guy who can knock down outside shots consistently. As does Rubio's playmaking and Pekovic's interior game. Turner would take away from everybody (due to combined lack of floor spacing).

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 09:17:50 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
They don't need him if they're getting Marcus Thornton.  ;D

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 09:50:39 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Well this is fantastic news for the Celtics because if the Wolves sign Turner, Love will definitely be demanding the quickest trade possible.

I think this would be a guy Celtics should be targeting.  He's another SF need and has one year left on his contract

Terrible player. I'd hate to see him on the C's..... And he's a free agent.

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 09:59:03 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Evan Turner could be a good low cost signing based on his bad contract year, and prior productivity. All depends on the price.

T-Wolves have a chance at getting some solid future wing play in LaVine and Muhammad. Turner, at a low cost, would just add to that mix.

Part of me would like to see the T-Wolves trade to bring back KG this season, seeing as it's his last. KG could have a positive impact on the team/franchise and young guys like Love, Dieng, Rubio, Shabazz and LaVine, yes?

Would a salary dump of KMart & Shved for KG and his expiring deal make sense? Wolves alleviate KMart's salary from the books and look to younger guys mentioned above. They bring in KG to coach the bigs and provide 20 mins of veteran D and leadership. BK gets a proven scorer in KMart and another Russian in Shved, and moves on from the KG PP JT trade. BK could also gather assets in a PP S&T to make up for him leaving. They get something for KG leaving. This is under the assumption that PP doesn't return to BK, leaving KG in limbo.

Minny has:
Pekovic / Dieng (strong)
Love / KG (strong)
Turner / Brewer / Luc Mbah a Moute (passable?)
Budinger / LaVine / Shabazz (hmm)
Rubio / Barea (ok)

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 11:47:44 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I think Evan Turner would be a bad fit alongside Rubio and Pekovic because of combined lack of jump-shooting.

I think Evan Turner would be a bad fit alongside any other four players in the NBA.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 08:21:30 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

You want a ball-dominant player who has a marginal jumper and anger problems?  The guy just does not play well with others, haha.  Why do you think the Sixers traded him?  He was stunting the growth of their young guys, and it wasn't like he was making them better players.  On paper, he has a good skill set, but he looks like a guy who thinks he's the man, but isn't even close.  Plus, why would you want another guy with short arms?  Are we trying to field a team of T-Rexes (btw, is it rexes, or is it one of those weird english rules like one moose, two moose, haha)?  Quick, someone get Kevin Willis on the line - there's no one more qualified to be our new big man coach ;D