Author Topic: Purely Hypothetical  (Read 1625 times)

Purely Hypothetical
« on: July 11, 2014, 12:35:02 AM »

Offline Bostonboi

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
Let's say we end up with Love, somehow, even if it is at the cost of Rajon Rondo going to a third team to make it happen.

So let's say Detroit wants Rondo, would Minnesota be interested in Greg Monroe and some other pieces for Kevin Love.

But... To further this hypothetical would Boston become a viable option for a Lebron James or Carmelo Anthony, I say YES with a condition. That condition is that DA needs to somehow get a third star type player to Boston in order for it to happen. So, Love and someone maybe Lance Stephenson, to attract one of those 2 SF.

I just don't think Rondo has the clout to get it done and he could help net us the first piece in Love. I think AB for Lance is a good swap, maybe more going to the Pacers because despite him being a head case Lance Stephenson can be a capable B scoring option.  Add in the defensive presence of a Lebron and you have a title contending team, not just a mediocre get into the playoffs type team.

Re: Purely Hypothetical
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 12:36:36 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Let's say we end up with Love, somehow, even if it is at the cost of Rajon Rondo going to a third team to make it happen.

So let's say Detroit wants Rondo, would Minnesota be interested in Greg Monroe and some other pieces for Kevin Love.

But... To further this hypothetical would Boston become a viable option for a Lebron James or Carmelo Anthony, I say YES with a condition. That condition is that DA needs to somehow get a third star type player to Boston in order for it to happen. So, Love and someone maybe Lance Stephenson, to attract one of those 2 SF.

I just don't think Rondo has the clout to get it done and he could help net us the first piece in Love. I think AB for Lance is a good swap, maybe more going to the Pacers because despite him being a head case Lance Stephenson can be a capable B scoring option.  Add in the defensive presence of a Lebron and you have a title contending team, not just a mediocre get into the playoffs type team.

I'm going to have to stop you right there ;D

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 12:38:37 AM »

Offline Bostonboi

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0

Not even going to stick it out through the second paragraph.  ;D

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 12:52:22 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Not even going to stick it out through the second paragraph.  ;D

No, no, I read it over, but my main question is why?  Why would Lebron, Love, or Melo come to Boston if Rondo isn't here?  Plus, who is going to play pg and center.  Lebron and Melo want max deals.  I don't think we'd have the money to be able to field 8 players haha, not to mention the fact that both of those guys can get a bunch load of more money if they stay in Miami and New York, respectively.  Personally, I don't want any of them here, but especially not Lebrick or Melo. 

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 01:25:21 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

No.

LBJ is a huge fan of Rondo... He does NOT like Stephenson, and actually thinks hes childish... So a team of Stephenson/Love is going to lure one of the best players in the league? Top 3 of all time? No.

If anything, if Rondo leaves, and Love is the only big time star here, I don't even see that causing LBJ to bat an eyelash... He could join Rockets for a lower contract, GSW, even the Spurs or Cavs if he wanted to be surrounded by more superstars...

My point being is... Rondo has diminished his value, but hes still a well known commodity throughout the league. Players like Melo/LBJ want to play with Rondo, because hes a proven winner, and those two have witnessed first hand how Rondo can take over games in the playoffs... Lance has not. Love has not. You don't join the forces and place all your eggs in one basket without the products carefully in place. Now Love/Rondo? That is a piece away from some serious contention. They just need the secondary scorer/defensive swingman/shooting guard to help take the scoring load.

To make it even more clearer, Rondo is a great pass first PG. Hes gonna get shots for Melo/LBJ, and players who know how to score, love that as a player. I think if anything, someone like Eric Gordon could be worth taking a flier on if they wanted Wallace in return for him. I think Gordon can shine on the Celtics, and with Smart/Bradley taking up time to switch with Gordon, I think Gordon in short spurts can be a great sixth man or starter on limited minutes.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 01:40:23 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Yea James hates Stephenson.

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 02:51:42 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

No.

LBJ is a huge fan of Rondo... He does NOT like Stephenson, and actually thinks hes childish... So a team of Stephenson/Love is going to lure one of the best players in the league? Top 3 of all time? No.

If anything, if Rondo leaves, and Love is the only big time star here, I don't even see that causing LBJ to bat an eyelash... He could join Rockets for a lower contract, GSW, even the Spurs or Cavs if he wanted to be surrounded by more superstars...

My point being is... Rondo has diminished his value, but hes still a well known commodity throughout the league. Players like Melo/LBJ want to play with Rondo, because hes a proven winner, and those two have witnessed first hand how Rondo can take over games in the playoffs... Lance has not. Love has not. You don't join the forces and place all your eggs in one basket without the products carefully in place. Now Love/Rondo? That is a piece away from some serious contention. They just need the secondary scorer/defensive swingman/shooting guard to help take the scoring load.

To make it even more clearer, Rondo is a great pass first PG. Hes gonna get shots for Melo/LBJ, and players who know how to score, love that as a player. I think if anything, someone like Eric Gordon could be worth taking a flier on if they wanted Wallace in return for him. I think Gordon can shine on the Celtics, and with Smart/Bradley taking up time to switch with Gordon, I think Gordon in short spurts can be a great sixth man or starter on limited minutes.

TOP 3 OF ALL TIME?!?!?!?! :o

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 11:12:46 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

No.

TOP 3 OF ALL TIME?!?!?!?! :o

If we get Love and trade Rondo there's no way Love wold sign so all you'd be doing is wasting assets...