Author Topic: Asik trade may not happen ?  (Read 2095 times)

Asik trade may not happen ?
« on: July 10, 2014, 10:51:12 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
Read an arcticle on probasketballtalk that cause of the lower cap they are like over by $100000. Could Danny swoop in and grab Asik? Would be a great week if we could get him.

Re: Asik trade may not happen ?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 10:57:30 PM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
Last time I heard he's heading to the Pelicans... not yet official though..

Asik = Pelicans' 2015 first-round draft pick + $1.5 million in cash
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 11:24:11 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The Celtic could also burn some of their unguaranteed contracts to facilitate a deal.  Johnson and Babb for Withey and Ajinca?  I'd consider that if I were Ainge, but I'd ask for one or two of Houston's extra second-round picks.

If Houston has a deal to dump Lin to Philly, Morey might be able to get the Sixers to accept someone like Austin Rivers.

Of course, if a Bosh deal falls through, the Rockets would probably be okay with letting the deal fall through and re-starting negotiations.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 11:27:53 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
He got traded to the Pelicans, didn't he?

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 11:28:27 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
All of the non guaranteed deals would work for Asik and Houston could waive them all .

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 11:38:50 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Read an arcticle on probasketballtalk that cause of the lower cap they are like over by $100000. Could Danny swoop in and grab Asik? Would be a great week if we could get him.

Why do people want Asik?  Offensive skill, any sliver of it, be [dang]ed, we need 'rim protection!' ::)

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 11:41:06 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418

Why do people want Asik?  Offensive skill, any sliver of it, be [dang]ed, we need 'rim protection!' ::)

Asik is an elite rim protector lol.

Edit: not only that but hes is competant offensively. He is actually perfect for any team in my opinion, except the rockets maybe. There is literally not one team that couldnt benefit from a great defensive center who can at least hold his own on offense
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 11:46:15 PM by Greenbean »

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 11:48:21 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

In Chicago, Thibs would sometimes close games with Asik/Gibson instead of Noah/Boozer because he wanted more defense.  Some knowledgeable Rockets fans think that Dwight Howard was not an upgrade on defense.  So, part of the reason people want him is because they reasonably believe he is on the same tier as Noah and Howard when it comes to defense.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 12:13:44 AM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
if we traded bogans and minimum waiveable contracts to them using their cap space they could make the deal work. Danny could try and squezze austin (if we wanted him) a picks and also get an exception out of it

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 12:37:12 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
i mean... if they really want to clear up some cap room with some non-guaranteed contracts..
 ;D ;D ;D
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kg6bs3u
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 01:05:49 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Asik+Zeller would form the first decent center rotation the Celtics have had in ages.  Asik for defense, Zeller for upside and athleticism.  More likely though, the Celtics will demand draft pick compensation to take on an extra piece such as Ajinca.  I'm not sold that Austin Rivers is even worth his remaining 7m in guaranteed salary right now.