Author Topic: Bulls need scoring if they dont get Melo  (Read 3278 times)

Re: Bulls need scoring if they dont get Melo
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 08:00:05 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
They should offer Dwyane Wade the MLE.

That would be too good.

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 09:00:40 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think Marcus Thornton would be really good in Chicago.

PG - Derrick Rose
SG - Marcus Thornton
SF - Jimmy Butler
PF - Carlos Boozer or Taj Gibson
 C - Joakim Noah

Matching contracts would be a problem. Chicago doesn't really have enough small contracts to piece together to match with Thornton. The only small contracts they have are players they will want to keep. Not disposable contracts. Instead, maybe Chicago could sign and trade someone who has left the team (Mike James?) and give Ainge a late first for his trouble. Similar to the Bogans situation last summer. Ainge gets a pick for a player who isn't in long term plans in Thornton and a trade asset in new-Bogans type player.

Problem is you can't give Mike James too big of a raise, or his outgoing salary counts only half to the Bulls.  (And according to shamsports, Mike James and his non-guaranteed contract are still on the team.). He'd have to make about $12 million to make it work.  Maybe Kirk Heinrich could work, but he's probably good enough to get a multi-year deal that's actually guaranteed in year 2.

That is a pity. I'd love to see Marcus Thornton find a good home where he can be successful.

Good player who needs the right circumstance to make good use of his talent. I think Chicago is one of those rare situations that would work well for Thornton.

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 09:17:11 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
they still have Mirotic right? that guy is the 2nd coming according to bulls fans. just ask 'em. the only guy they would trade him for is Lebron. they felt trading him for Love was way too much.

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 09:43:06 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Outside of Noah, the only guy who really appeals to me is Taj Gibson.  Salary-wise, it would actually be a perfect fit, as he and Green make roughly the same amount of money.  I don't see it happening, as Gibson likely has more value than Green and it'd be hard to sweeten the deal for the Bulls.  Adding Thorton to the deal would require us to take back at lot of salary and future picks likely aren't going to sway a team trying to win it all right now. 

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 09:47:32 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
they still have Mirotic right? that guy is the 2nd coming according to bulls fans. just ask 'em. the only guy they would trade him for is Lebron. they felt trading him for Love was way too much.

They do have Mrotic, and news yesterday is that they were finalizing a buyout for him from his Spanish team.

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 09:53:05 AM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
What scoring? They have McDermott & Butler can really score.