Author Topic: Bulls need scoring if they dont get Melo  (Read 3276 times)

Bulls need scoring if they dont get Melo
« on: July 10, 2014, 10:41:58 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
Asuming the Bulls don't get Melo they where talking on sports talk radio about other pieces to go after. Ariza at 11 million is a joke. Than somebody called in about Jeff Green wonder what kinda trade we could come up with to make it work.

Re: Bulls need scoring if they dont get Melo
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 10:48:30 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
What about Dougie McBuckets...?
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 11:12:07 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Chicago would be desperate to unload Boozer so they don't have to amnesty him, so your framework of the deal is Green for Boozer.  The Celtics have to add salary and Chicago has to add assets.  I'd be guessing the Celtics would want Jimmy Butler as part of the deal.  Chicago has all their own picks plus a protected pick from Sacramento as early as next year and the right to swap firsts with Cleveland in 2015.

So, I'd guess Chicago would offer Boozer and Butler for Green.  They would also probably take Brandon Bass, or they may prefer Joel Anthony, with Taj Gibson under contract and Mirotic possibly incoming.   They might want to try to include Jerryd Bayless in a sign-and-trade (since they have shown some interested in Jordan Crawford).  The deal would then depend on how many picks the Bulls would have to throw in for Ainge to be interested.

"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 11:17:17 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
Chicago would be desperate to unload Boozer so they don't have to amnesty him, so your framework of the deal is Green for Boozer.  The Celtics have to add salary and Chicago has to add assets.  I'd be guessing the Celtics would want Jimmy Butler as part of the deal.  Chicago has all their own picks plus a protected pick from Sacramento as early as next year and the right to swap firsts with Cleveland in 2015.

So, I'd guess Chicago would offer Boozer and Butler for Green.  They would also probably take Brandon Bass, or they may prefer Joel Anthony, with Taj Gibson under contract and Mirotic possibly incoming.   They might want to try to include Jerryd Bayless in a sign-and-trade (since they have shown some interested in Jordan Crawford).  The deal would then depend on how many picks the Bulls would have to throw in for Ainge to be interested.

Or use Bogans and it works. Bulls get to wiave Bogans and save 5 Million.

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 11:27:39 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I think Ainge would be reluctant to include Bogans unless he felt sure he could get under the luxury tax threshold after the trade.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 11:33:18 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
I think Ainge would be reluctant to include Bogans unless he felt sure he could get under the luxury tax threshold after the trade.

Loose good point You may see Bogans on this team till mid season.

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 11:34:42 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Asuming the Bulls don't get Melo they where talking on sports talk radio about other pieces to go after. Ariza at 11 million is a joke. Than somebody called in about Jeff Green wonder what kinda trade we could come up with to make it work.

Somebody called in for Jeff Green? ;D  Sold ;D

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 11:46:07 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Well if Derrick Rose is back, they'll just give him the ball and step aside.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 12:44:22 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

At which point, this 'superstar' will drive into the teeth of four defenders without the slightest inclination to PASS THE BALL ::)  I've said it before and I'll say it again, Derrick Rose is a sg in a pg's body with ridiculous athleticism (pre injury, of course).  He is not, and has never been, a distributor or playmaker, but luckily for him, Joakhim Noah is.

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 01:37:56 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
We're not sending Jeff Green to the Bulls unless they provide the pieces to make a Love trade work in a 3 way deal.  We're not really in the business of helping other Eastern Conference competitors get better without improving our own team significantly in the process.

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 05:45:14 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think Marcus Thornton would be really good in Chicago.

PG - Derrick Rose
SG - Marcus Thornton
SF - Jimmy Butler
PF - Carlos Boozer or Taj Gibson
 C - Joakim Noah

Matching contracts would be a problem. Chicago doesn't really have enough small contracts to piece together to match with Thornton. The only small contracts they have are players they will want to keep. Not disposable contracts. Instead, maybe Chicago could sign and trade someone who has left the team (Mike James?) and give Ainge a late first for his trouble. Similar to the Bogans situation last summer. Ainge gets a pick for a player who isn't in long term plans in Thornton and a trade asset in new-Bogans type player.

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 06:24:28 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
They should offer Dwyane Wade the MLE.   ;D

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 07:23:26 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

At which point, this 'superstar' will drive into the teeth of four defenders without the slightest inclination to PASS THE BALL ::)  I've said it before and I'll say it again, Derrick Rose is a sg in a pg's body with ridiculous athleticism (pre injury, of course).  He is not, and has never been, a distributor or playmaker, but luckily for him, Joakhim Noah is.
TP.  It seems that Rose will actually hinder Noah on offense.  But then he will get hurt and it won't matter.

I kind of feel bad for the Bulls.  They seemed like they were heading toward being a great team a few years ago.  Then they let guys like Korver go and Rose got hurt.  Now they keep trying to design a team around a guy who doesn't play.

Thibs gets his teams to overachieve in the regular season but they play so hard and so many minutes that they don't have another gear to shift into when the playoffs start. 

If I were an older free agent I would be leery of going to Chicago.  On the one hand he might get a ton of minutes which would make the stats look good.  On the other hand he might wear out, get injured, and shorten his career.  Thibs is the anti Pop when it comes to minutes.

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 07:54:35 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I think Marcus Thornton would be really good in Chicago.

PG - Derrick Rose
SG - Marcus Thornton
SF - Jimmy Butler
PF - Carlos Boozer or Taj Gibson
 C - Joakim Noah

Matching contracts would be a problem. Chicago doesn't really have enough small contracts to piece together to match with Thornton. The only small contracts they have are players they will want to keep. Not disposable contracts. Instead, maybe Chicago could sign and trade someone who has left the team (Mike James?) and give Ainge a late first for his trouble. Similar to the Bogans situation last summer. Ainge gets a pick for a player who isn't in long term plans in Thornton and a trade asset in new-Bogans type player.

Problem is you can't give Mike James too big of a raise, or his outgoing salary counts only half to the Bulls.  (And according to shamsports, Mike James and his non-guaranteed contract are still on the team.). He'd have to make about $12 million to make it work.  Maybe Kirk Heinrich could work, but he's probably good enough to get a multi-year deal that's actually guaranteed in year 2.

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 07:55:10 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418

Hes not a playmaker no. Pg is really his defensive position. He is Westbrook with better shot selection and a little more quickness (before the knee).