Author Topic: Eminem - Infinite  (Read 2551 times)

Eminem - Infinite
« on: July 10, 2014, 09:43:30 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
This week over at Rhyme Junkie, I profile Eminem's debut album Infinite, which I find to be some of his most underrated pieces of work.

Here's a snippet:

One of the biggest reasons Infinite didn't explode as everyone had hoped was the fact that Em hadn't yet found himself as an emcee. He had as much raw talent as anyone could ask for, but his sound was incomplete and did not possess an authentic style that set him apart from other skilled lyricists. Infinite displays a much lighter tone than any of Eminem's other work, especially in terms of his voice. Contrary to the aggressive, nasally delivery that everyone knows and loves, he spits heavy bars with the tamest approach you'll ever hear from Shady.

In due time, Slim would be recognized by the radar of Dr. Dre and the rest is history. Eminem developed into one of hip hop's undisputed ambassadors.

Yet and still, Infinite deserves more attention. I'm not here to tell you that it is Eminem's most complete album, but in terms of the technical aspect to the craft of lyricism, it is as clean as anything he has touched. The lyrical precision advertised in each and every verse will leave you shaking your head, not because you?re disgusted, it's just not fair. At the time, many A&R's often compared Infinite's poetic design to Nas and AZ, and you can see why after you lock in and listen.

As Em was trying to find himself as an emcee, Mr. Porter was finding his niche as a producer. It's safe to say that both of them have come a long way since, but that's not to discredit their work on this album. Infinite lacked commercial production and the infusion of originality to reach the plateau it sought after, but that doesn't diminish its quality. While Eminem had yet to develop his style at the time of Infinite's release, from a technical perspective, it features some of his most impressive work. His pen game was especially sharp, as just about every syllable is connected to another and his storytelling ability shines through with lyricism that paints a picture with incredible detail.

Infinite often finds itself lost in the shuffle, but don't let it slip your mind. Don't let its sales turn you away, either. You would be missing out, big time.

Take a look at the full article here

If you're interested, also be sure to check out my last piece about Big Pun. I have also touched on Lord Finesse, which he ended up responding to himself on Twitter, as well as Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth

Any comments/feedback is very much appreciated!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 09:51:18 PM by CelticBalla32 »
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

Re: Eminem - Infinite
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 10:29:36 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Bust it, I let the beat commence so I can beat the sense of your elite defense
I got some meat to mince, a crew to stomp, and two feet to rinse
I greet the gents and ladies, I spoil loyal fans
I foil plans and leave fluids leaking like oil pans
My coil hands around this microphone are lethal
One thought in my cerebral is deeper then a Jeep full of people
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 02:12:25 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Anything is possible
Bust it, I let the beat commence so I can beat the sense of your elite defense
I got some meat to mince, a crew to stomp, and two feet to rinse
I greet the gents and ladies, I spoil loyal fans
I foil plans and leave fluids leaking like oil pans
My coil hands around this microphone are lethal
One thought in my cerebral is deeper then a Jeep full of people

I appreciate the response very much, my man. Give that man a Tommy Point!

It's incredible how Em can deliver a verse in a way where it almost sounds like he's talking to you normally, yet every syllable is in sync and coated with incredible detail. Nobody bends words like Shady.

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 07:01:32 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Anything is possible
Bump!

(It would be stupid not to on LeBron day)

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 07:04:42 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
I always liked that track "Tonite"  Very mellow

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 02:59:56 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Anything is possible
I always liked that track "Tonite"  Very mellow

Definitely one of the more successful tracks from Infinite, got some radio play especially locally. Thank you for the response, I appreciate it! TP

Another note for anyone interested, you can follow me on Twitter @DustinChapman34