Author Topic: Marcus Smart is a bust at #6  (Read 43539 times)

Re: Marcus Smart is a bust at #6
« Reply #165 on: July 12, 2014, 10:23:23 PM »

Offline NorthernLightning

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • zap

« Reply #166 on: July 12, 2014, 10:28:18 PM »

Offline shrinkage36

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
Smart almost always played the 2 Guard in High School, but was never asked to shoot. His game in High School was to be all over the place and guard guys from the 1 to the 5 position. I'm speaking from watching him, I lived in the North Texas area when he was in high school and saw tons of games.

He dominated without scoring, very rare thing to do. So now, he's basically learning how to play the position still, and learning how to shoot. He has a good stroke, he will be a really good shooter, and a scorer.

IMO, his first couple of games, he didn't want to step on anyone's shoes, so he was hesitant to take over the game. The more the guys trust him, he will start to take over. Just watch, I've seen this throughout his young career.

Wow, you got to see Smart play in high school?  Cool!  TP for that alone, haha ;D and welcome to Celticsblog! :)
Thanks so much, I've been watching the boards for a while, finally decided to join. And yeah, I lived in Plano Tx, and when I used to go to AAU games in the summer, the court he played at, was standing room only. I once saw him guard a 7 footer, game was tied with like 6 seconds to go, he blocked the 7 footer's shot twice. Never seen anything like that from a 6'3 guy, and he was actually covering him, not just off the ball block. And like I said, he can dominate a game without scoring.

« Reply #167 on: July 12, 2014, 11:07:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDil3GF2ORM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KYfSaXC3IM
OH BOY!!!!!! SUMMER LEAGUE VIDS!!!!!

I Am almost as sick of seeing Sumer League vids showing me how some player is a future Hall of Famer as I was seeing DraftExpress vids doing the same thing ::)

« Reply #168 on: July 12, 2014, 11:11:36 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Noah Vonleh was 0-13 in his first game and got 5 quick fouls...Is he a bust at 8? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2014, 11:13:39 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Noah Vonleh was 0-13 in his first game and got 5 quick fouls...Is he a bust at 8? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

He would be, but he went 9th. Totally par for the course for a 9 pick...

« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2014, 11:21:23 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Man, that Exum can really pass. He has a real nice feel for the game.

« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2014, 11:22:37 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Watching Dante Exum in his pre-seaon debut.

This kid is going to be special.  A true point guard.

Hood looks good too.

Utah did real well in the draft. Dang that coin flip.

« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2014, 11:34:45 PM »

Offline NorthernLightning

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • zap
We did just as well in the draft.

Young projects to be better than Hood, who is like 3 years older than Young.

Plus we get to play in the East. Pure luck that we don't play in a conference full of super teams.

« Reply #173 on: July 12, 2014, 11:37:36 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Watching Dante Exum in his pre-seaon debut.

This kid is going to be special.  A true point guard.

Hood looks good too.

Utah did real well in the draft. Dang that coin flip.

Yeah, he can play. He has "it". Although, I like him more as a 2 where he can be more of a scorer. I think he would've been great with Oladipo where they both can takes turns playing off the ball.

I wonder if the Sixers are kicking themselves right now (Jazz are playing the Sixers) with the uncertainty surrounding Embiid.

« Reply #174 on: July 13, 2014, 12:06:45 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
Exum looks amazing.  It looks like he's improved his left hand dribble, which was the thing about his game that bothered me most in a brief, brief look.  Otherwise, dang, he's got the great forward body lean, fluidity, speed and long strides of a great penetrator.  And he appears to have great court sense.  He's making passes that get through, which doesn't happen a lot in summer league.  I still like Smart a lot despite his poor shooting in Orlando but I can't lie that watching Exum play is hurting me a bit.  That freaking coin flip.

Frankly, Exum's looked more impressive than Wiggins and Parker. Wiggins could barely dribble two dribbles forward while Parker couldn't create any separation in the halfcourt.  He's more skilled than Wiggins, while being just as quick and he's much, much more athletic than Parker.

« Reply #175 on: July 13, 2014, 12:15:16 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I haven't watched the game, but I read Exum's stats and they don't look impressive to me. I'm not going to gush over Exum over one Summer league game. I'm going to wait until the NBA season begins.

« Reply #176 on: July 13, 2014, 12:16:35 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
I haven't watched the game, but I read Exum's stats and they don't look impressive to me. I'm not going to gush over Exum over one Summer league game. I'm going to wait until the NBA season begins.

He looks WAY more impressive than the box score.

« Reply #177 on: July 13, 2014, 12:18:06 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
And I thought the topic was how much of a failure Marcus Smart is. Maybe all this praising over Exum is just saying "Smart you suck and you'll never be great look at Exum how come you're not him?!?!?!?!"  ;)

« Reply #178 on: July 13, 2014, 12:19:58 AM »

Offline DraftSmart33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Loving how "C's fans" on this forum are drooling over "future all-star" Anthony 8 fouls Bennet and Dante Exum who is currently 3-9 7pts with 3 assist and 2 turnovers in the 4th quarter.

Just curious are these fans the same who started and support a Marcus Smart is a bust thread.  And if so are you actually watching these games? 

« Reply #179 on: July 13, 2014, 12:20:02 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

He looks WAY more impressive than the box score.

Again, this is Summer League people. Temper your excitement, plenty of players looked great in  until they were exposed in the NBA. Not saying Exum will be, but don't be surprised if he doesn't do well.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 01:11:23 AM by Rondo9 »