Author Topic: Marcus Smart is a bust at #6  (Read 43551 times)

Re: Marcus Smart is a bust at #6
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2014, 11:20:47 AM »

Offline dysgenic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
I am not convinced that Smart will be a defensive stud.  I'd be shocked if he ends up being as good as AB defensively.

« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2014, 11:45:54 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
another solid game by Smart in game 5

20 pts, 6-18 shooting, 4-9 from deep (not too shabby)...he looks like he is getting more comfortable out there, his shots will come, and his percentages will continue to improve in my honest opinion

Like Pressey said, I rather have him brick shots in a summer league than in a real game where it matters...there should be no pressure in these games...just work to improve your game here

« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2014, 11:47:20 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible

20 pts, 6-18 shooting, 4-9 from deep (not too shabby)...he looks like he is getting more comfortable out there, his shots will come, and his percentages will continue to improve in my honest opinion

Like Pressey said, I rather have him brick shots in a summer league than in a real game where it matters...there should be no pressure in these games...just work to improve your game here

He was 3-5 from 3 for a while, until he consecutively missed a couple.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2014, 11:56:50 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

He was 3-5 from 3 for a while, until he consecutively missed a couple.

meh, I mean, having a 3 pt shot is part of his arsenal but not important imo. His biggest strength is his ability to drive to the hole either to take a shot or dish it out...I definitely see him being more aggressive each game

« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2014, 12:19:44 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I am not convinced that Smart will be a defensive stud.  I'd be shocked if he ends up being as good as AB defensively.
Avery Bradley is much less of a defensive stud than people think.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2014, 12:34:46 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

Have you watched any of the summer league games?  Because he has been darn good on that end of the floor.

« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2014, 12:37:25 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Have you watched any of the summer league games?  Because he has been darn good on that end of the floor.
I'm pretty sure he'll end up at least as good, or perhaps better than Bradley. That's a different discussion altogether though :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2014, 12:55:44 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Yeah. a few Summer League games and him not shooting great and he's a bust.

BTW, Nerlens Noel played 2 games, and while his percentage is high, for someone who's dubbed as a potential star big  man, he's only averaging 4 rebounds in the Summer League, must be a bust.

Aaron Gordon, averaging 6 points, 4 rebounds 33% shooting in SL, must be a bust too, right?

BTW BTW... Nerlens Noel has serious gravity in these games. You know how, when you watch a hockey game, you don't need to see the puck to know where it is? I watched the Philly-Houston game and you could simply tell that every player on the floor revolved around Nerlens Noel.

Philly should enjoy Nerlens while he's healthy.  I doubt they will get a complete season out of him.  I read an article years ago revealing why 7 footers are so susceptible to knee injuries.  (I think it has something to do with their high center of gravity?)  Regardless, if my memory is correct, Nerlens is on his second knee surgery.  It's likely he'll be back on the shelf by the end of the year with another knee operation on the way.  Will have to wait and see. 

« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2014, 01:57:37 PM »

Offline CM0

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24

I'm quite convinced that Smart will make multiple all-NBA defensive teams.

« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2014, 05:33:39 PM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
I agree.  It is way to early and other than his shot he looks good.  is shot does look good, form and all. He is one of only a few guards with over 10% body fat in the draft.  Almost 2 times what the other guys have. I think better conditioning from an 82 game schedule and next summer will have him comming back next year lighter and a much more capapable shooter.  He will still be one of the strongest guards in the league. That jumpshot starts at the feet. I expect him to improve just as D Williams did his second year after toning up.
blind optimist or GENIUS

« Reply #130 on: July 11, 2014, 07:58:54 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150

I'm quite convinced that Smart will make multiple all-NBA defensive teams.

I'm not so convinced about multiple all-NBA defensive teams...I hope you are right.  But, I believe his muscular presence will un-nerve many lightweight guards in this League. 

« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2014, 12:35:29 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
For anyone that is complaining about Smart's performance in the summer league and wanted Noah Vonleh, Vonleh went 0-13 from the field and 0-2 from the line today.  Not a good start.

« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2014, 12:40:49 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
For anyone that is complaining about Smart's performance in the summer league and wanted Noah Vonleh, Vonleh went 0-13 from the field and 0-2 from the line today.  Not a good start.
Lol was just about to post that.

Guess that explains why he slipped...

Still really anxious to see Julius Randle out there, but they held him out of the game today due to the fact he hasn't signed a contract yet.

« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2014, 12:45:47 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
Lol was just about to post that.

Guess that explains why he slipped...

Still really anxious to see Julius Randle out there, but they held him out of the game today due to the fact he hasn't signed a contract yet.

Isn't his foot injured?  I didn't expect to see him play at all in the summer league.

« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2014, 12:48:28 AM »

Offline NorthernLightning

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • zap