Author Topic: Rumor: Lebron to annouce at 3:30 ECT  (Read 11702 times)

Re: Rumor: Lebron to annouce at 3:30 ECT
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2014, 05:52:05 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
To be honest i hope he just does it with a tweet or through an agent. Then he can make a statement publicly within 24 hours. Just go low key.

No matter what he does it will be big news.

I get why the Decision was a bad idea and agree it was, don't get me wrong, but part of the response was about how he is making such an event out of it.

It's funny now seeing him be a free agent again and we create all the frenzy ourselves.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2014, 05:53:46 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
To be honest i hope he just does it with a tweet or through an agent. Then he can make a statement publicly within 24 hours. Just go low key.

Right now on Reddit there's thousands of fans who are admitting that "The Decision" was a good idea ... and how this uncertainty is leading to a bigger media circus than a TV special (with 2.5 million going towards charity last time).   This is just ridiculous at this point. 

There will inevitably be a class action lawsuit against LeBron for lack of work productivity this week.  Blame him for everything, right?

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2014, 05:56:39 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

I get why the Decision was a bad idea and agree it was, don't get me wrong, but part of the response was about how he is making such an event out of it.

It's funny now seeing him be a free agent again and we create all the frenzy ourselves.

Yup. Its inescapable.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2014, 06:06:44 PM »

Offline Bombastic Jones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 53
[WOJ] 
Cavs pressed Celtics/Nets officials to complete paperwork on 3-way trade in last hour, needed it done "immediately." Cap space is clear now.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/487312397313773568

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2014, 06:08:04 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Instead of just giving LeBron (and charity) the profit too, we have given it to... ESPN.

WE ARE THE REAL MONSTERS.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2014, 06:13:28 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
[WOJ] 
Cavs pressed Celtics/Nets officials to complete paperwork on 3-way trade in last hour, needed it done "immediately." Cap space is clear now.

What if they are waiting for that paperwork to be finished and it is really Boston or Brooklyn who is causing a delay in the announcement?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2014, 06:14:53 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
According to Broussard, it is unlikely that LeBron is going to turn up in Ohio tonight:
Chris Broussard: LeBron's still at his camp in Vegas, no indication he'll b n Ohio later 2nite. Still hasn't talked w/some family members about his decision.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2014, 06:20:38 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
[WOJ] 

What if they are waiting for that paperwork to be finished and it is really Boston or Brooklyn who is causing a delay in the announcement?

Because Woj says "Cap space is clear now" meaning it's the trade is a done deal.

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2014, 06:21:53 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

Right now on Reddit there's thousands of fans who are admitting that "The Decision" was a good idea ... and how this uncertainty is leading to a bigger media circus than a TV special (with 2.5 million going towards charity last time).   This is just ridiculous at this point. 

There will inevitably be a class action lawsuit against LeBron for lack of work productivity this week.  Blame him for everything, right?

There are really thousands of people on Reddit saying that?

« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2014, 06:38:15 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • I Bleed Green
BREAKING RUMOR!
The Decision has been made, even though it hasn’t been made public by the man himself. LeBron James is returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers, a league source tells SheridanHoops.com.

« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2014, 06:49:00 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
BREAKING RUMOR!
The Decision has been made, even though it hasn’t been made public by the man himself. LeBron James is returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers, a league source tells SheridanHoops.com.

The sheridan thing is like 2 days old, is it not?

« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2014, 06:51:00 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • I Bleed Green
BREAKING RUMOR!

The sheridan thing is like 2 days old, is it not?
My bad didn't notice that the quote was from a 1 day old article :P

« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2014, 06:51:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Yeah the sheridan thing is old. 

You know... if LeBron plans on staying in Miami, there's really no rush in announcing it.  The longer they wait, they longer they just string along the rest of the NBA and screw up everyone else's plans.  Like, he could have announced it today... then maybe Boston lands Love and becomes a realistic destination for Melo in a sign-and-trade...  I mean, had they announced it 2 weeks ago we probably could have also added Asik and Afflalo and built a contender in the East.

But since Miami is playing everyone... Melo probably re-signs with NY... the uncertainty prevents any other super teams from forming... Houston might lose Parsons waiting on Bosh... etc

« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2014, 07:13:32 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
could Riley be that crafty??? could he? Nah!!!

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2014, 07:56:56 PM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
Yeah the sheridan thing is old. 

You know... if LeBron plans on staying in Miami, there's really no rush in announcing it.  The longer they wait, they longer they just string along the rest of the NBA and screw up everyone else's plans.  Like, he could have announced it today... then maybe Boston lands Love and becomes a realistic destination for Melo in a sign-and-trade...  I mean, had they announced it 2 weeks ago we probably could have also added Asik and Afflalo and built a contender in the East.

But since Miami is playing everyone... Melo probably re-signs with NY... the uncertainty prevents any other super teams from forming... Houston might lose Parsons waiting on Bosh... etc

This is exactly what I was thinking to myself earlier today.