Thunder
1 (7.7%)
Pacers
0 (0%)
Spurs
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: July 25, 2014, 12:53:53 PM

Author Topic: Where do you want to see Pierce sign?  (Read 2289 times)

Where do you want to see Pierce sign?
« on: July 10, 2014, 12:53:53 PM »

Online perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 226
Even at age 36, The Truth can still ball. Looking back in a year, I think he's going to be looked at as a really crucial signing for one of these teams. As we saw last year, PP is still lethal at the end of games, ecspecially when he's not relied upon to play heavy minutes the first 3 quarters.

I didn't put Miami (If LeBron returns) or the Lakers as options because Pierce is still a Celtic deep down. I didn't put the Celtics either because that's not realistic (sorry)......

The Clippers. Pierce gets to play in his hometown and for his old coach, Doc Rivers. The Clippers weren't far off from seriously contending last year (That 6 game series with OKC was really close) so Pierce could be the piece to put them over the edge.

The Nets. I don't like this option simply because no team with Deron Williams as the best player is winning a championship in any dimension. But the upside for Pierce is that he could be with his good buddy, KG, in probably his final year. Nets could also probably pay him the most.

The Rockets. This one is interesting. But it all depends on if Bosh comes/Parsons leaves. Bosh+Howard+Harden+Pierce is a very scary team. Pierce would also get to play for ex-celtic Kevin McHale.

The Grizzlies. You really never know with the Grizzlies in the post season. They could end up sweeping the 1 seed or getting swept by the 8 seed. They're just a crap shoot. Also, with the instability with the coaching position and not having a shooting guard for the past like 10 years, I'd say this is one of the most unlikely of options for Pierce. But still intriguing because they still have the best front court in the NBA.

The Bulls. Since they're not getting Carmelo, Pierce might be a plan B or C for them. Whether they contend or not depends entirely on Derrick Roses health. Does Pierce really want to play on another injury prone squad after being plagued for years?

The Cavs (If LeBron signs there). They may not be able to pay Pierce as much as he wants (along with probably a lot of these other teams) but could you imagine a Irving-Pierce-James-Love-Varejao team? I don't see anyway Pierce wouldn't be guaranteed a spot in a finals with those guys around him, ecspecially in the east.

The Mavericks. If Dirk and Chandler were both 3 or 4 years younger I'd say this would be an enticing destination for the captain. But there is always uncertainty when it comes to the Mavs and having a brand new team surrounding Dirk like very year. But I will say, even at their advanced ages, Dirk and Pierce would make for one of the most offensively potent front courts in the league.

The Warriors. This is another team in Pierces home state of Cali where he could have a leagitimate shot at winning a title. But with a new coach, injury prone teammates, and a first round exit last year, would it really be the smartest choice?

The Thunder. Pierce could provide the much needed offensive fire power off the bench that the Thunder desperately need to make them a championship squad. Westbrook + Durant + Perkins + Pierce + Ibaka = the most likable team in NBA history in my mind.

The Pacers. Indiana needs to tweak their roster a bit if they want to be back in the realm of serious contenders. Getting Stephenson back and signing Pierce would be a huge leap towards that direction. Pierce probably hates Indiana a lot though, still, after all those playoff spankings they handed us in the early 00's.

The Spurs. Do I even need to say why this would be great?

Re: Where do you want to see Pierce sign?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 12:56:18 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Rockets or Spurs.

If the Rockets get Bosh, it'd be pretty interesting to see Pierce sign on the relative cheap to play there.  It'd also be an instant League Pass team.  Fun to watch and a real threat in the West.

Spurs.  Just because it'd be awesome to see Pierce in that system with guys like Manu, Parker, Duncan, even Diaw.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 12:56:39 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Celtics not an option...  :'(
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 12:58:50 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
I'd like to see him go to the Spurs because there isn't another team in the league that I respect more than them, and I think he is a great fit; not only because of his character, but because of his play. I have a hard time seeing him leave KG though, as he was the one who got KG to sign off on the Nets deal.

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 01:00:31 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Clippers - to reunite with Doc
Nets - sticking by his brother KG
Rockets - if Bosh goes there (but not Pierce-like)
Spurs - under Pop, and Duncan, old man team that can play and can stay healthy (probably not happening)
Celtics - to retire here of course

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 01:39:07 PM »

Offline 35Lewis

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 42
I love that Pierce is wanted!  In terms of good spots for him to land I'd say Houston if Bosh signs would be great or the Clippers because Doc would ride him even if he was shooting like crap.  At the end of the day I kind of just want him to stay with KG.  Its like the movie "The Notebook" where the two old people have to stay together and then die (retire) at the same time.  We could call it "The Playbook" and Pierce could read defensive schemes to KG while he plays defense but doesn't know where the defensive skill comes from.

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 01:49:37 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Nets, clippers, celtics.

I doubt he would go anywhere other than than those three, because they make sense.

If he went chasing a ring, Ray doesn't look so bad after all.

He will either stay with KG, go play for Doc, or come home. I don't see Boston happening, so it's nets or clippers.

Unless KG works on a buyout and follows to LAC, I think he stays in BK
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 01:50:07 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Anywhere but the Clippers. I want the Clips to lose baby lose.

I want a nice draft pick from them in June.

I voted for the Spurs. The Nets or Mavs would be nice too.

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 01:51:03 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Lietuvos Rytas. No really. Maybe not this year, but I think the Euro game would really agree with him. Get paid to have a nice two year Euro vacation. Spread the game. Help bring an end to flopping in Europe

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 02:08:26 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
1. Spurs

2. Phoenix

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 02:39:35 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Spurs or Mavs
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 06:23:38 PM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
hollins mentioned kg's name in press conference, i don't think kg leaves, now pierce will leave his partner KG? no way he leave, he is one of the key on beating the raptors last playoffs,

i have karasev bogdanovic i'll develop this guy to learn something from pierce, develop this guys and pay pierce his wanted salary, russian guys can pay that

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 06:44:21 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
The team I wanted him to sign to isnt listed!