Author Topic: If Lebron is going to Clevland  (Read 2118 times)

If Lebron is going to Clevland
« on: July 10, 2014, 12:51:47 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Quick thought amongst all LBJ specualtion.

If Lebron is going to the Cavs why not target P Gasol rather then Love? On the surface it makes little sense because Gasol is already 34 and not the player Love is. However if the cost to get love is Wiggins is it worth it long term?

If I where Lebron joining the Cavs I would say "get me Gasol for two years and keep wiggins and Irving." Love is a great fit with Lebron in some senses but not others. Unlike Bosh Love isn't going to effectively move to the center position and allow James to play the 4. Love just isn't tall/long enough to be effective at the 5. In the short term Gasol will give them a post presence and 3rd offensive option. In the long term Wiggins is still on the roster even if he falls short of Paul George and ends up being more of a jeff green type player he still gives Lebron an elite athletic on the wing with him who can match up defensivly with other teams best players. I would think a S&T around waiters, bennet, or thompson should be able to net Gasol.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: If Lebron is going to Clevland
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 01:11:51 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I actually think that Bosh's agents/people shutting down the Houston rumors means that we might get lucky and Lebron will take Bosh to Cleveland with him.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 01:15:30 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I actually think that Bosh's agents/people shutting down the Houston rumors means that we might get lucky and Lebron will take Bosh to Cleveland with him.

Yeah, I think that's a legit possibility. Miami would have to facilitate such a move, but they probably will - either Miami does a S&T with Cleveland and gets something back (players and picks), or Miami loses Bosh to Houston for nothing.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 01:37:00 PM »

Offline merkins

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15
Im in the camp this is a lot of spinning wheels for nothing.  James returns to Miami after toying with the idea of returning home.  The reality is that team is not ready yet and yeah, Bosh could be the add that makes Cleveland happen.

Has he even met with Cleveland?  I realize he may not need to as he played there but I saw the Riley meeting in Vegas as a check in to be sure they were making moves to improve that team for his return.

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 01:38:39 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
Where does Wade get left in all of this, lol?  Basically rot the rest of his years away in MIA?  If so, I like that.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 01:41:20 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Bosh to Houston is already shut down??

I like the Gasol to CLE idea if they could make it work at a low cost. Otherwise, sign Emeka, Oden, etc to man the 5 spot short term.

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 01:51:41 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

I like the Gasol to CLE idea if they could make it work at a low cost. Otherwise, sign Emeka, Oden, etc to man the 5 spot short term.

They shut down the reports that he agreed to go to Houston if Lebron left Miami.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 02:32:23 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

They shut down the reports that he agreed to go to Houston if Lebron left Miami.

Oden? Is that guy really going to get more chances? He wasn't even active in the playoffs games Chris Anderson was injured right? If that team couldn't play him last season, I don't know when a team will be able to.

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 02:32:53 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Where does Wade get left in all of this, lol?  Basically rot the rest of his years away in MIA?  If so, I like that.

Kind of what he deserves? Maybe someone will injure him with a cheap shop out of Karma

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 02:37:32 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
I wouldn't mind picking up Pau & trading for his brother to boot.

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 02:43:16 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
In terms of basketball it makes a ton of sense for LBJ to leave for Cleveland and Bosh to go with him in a S&T. The heat would likely get Varajo and a two young player (Waiter,bennett or Thompson) in the deal. The Cavs would then have a core 4 of LBJ, Irving, Bosh and Wiggins. They would also be left with one of the 3 young players not sent to Miami. This last piece and the willingness for older players to join for cheap would leave the Cavs able to assemble a bench. The heat are at least left with a ton of cap space and a few young assets from the Cavs.

The non basketball side of it is what makes this a tough deal to comprehend. Wade opts out to get shafted by James and Lebron?
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 02:45:16 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Kind of what he deserves? Maybe someone will injure him with a cheap shop out of Karma

He gets left with one more ring than James.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 08:09:33 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Bosh absolutely and utterly refused to go to Cleveland last time.  I'm not sure what has really changed that would make him want to go to Cleveland this time.

As for the topic of the thread, Pau makes a lot of sense.  I mean the Lakers might be ok with just Varejao and a future first for him as it appears he may leave them anyway.  Of course, I'm not sure Pau would actually want to go to Cleveland, though for the right money he might as it would be a good spot to potentially win a title.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:14:42 AM by Moranis »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip