Author Topic: Next shoe to drop  (Read 3344 times)

Next shoe to drop
« on: July 10, 2014, 09:02:59 AM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
Now that we have used the TPE and the whole NBA world is waiting on Lebron Melo to decide on the future. Danny will continue to try and gain more pieces to try and get Love to come to Boston VIA a trade. I think he must make one more move to get those pieces to fall. Trying to figure out what that is tough because Saunders wants NBA talent. The world is yours Danny make the right move and the rest will follow.

Re: Next shoe to drop
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 09:18:47 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Actually, there is a nice little youth movement happening in light of the draft picks and Zeller-plus-pick acquisition.

Next year might be the "add value" year, since most of our young guys look like rotation players, but haven't really built value to the point of being budding stars.

Might be too early...

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 09:31:02 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think the next shoe to drop would be dealing Bogans, Johnson, Babb and potentially Pressey for someone else.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 09:31:31 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Like to see the Celtics sign Emeka Okafor to a one year deal..that would set this team up as is for 2014..a playoff team maybe with a healthy Rondo, Bradley, Thornton,Green, Bass, Wallace..with Smart, Young, and with Sully, Zeller & KO with more experience under their belt..adding a center like Okafor or Hill, this team may be a playoff team
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 09:40:18 AM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
If we somehow become a playoff team, itll be an ugly first round exit.  We're more than 1 piece away from making any real noise.  I love the zeller deal+ I'm looking forward to watching him, smart and young develop next year.  Unless we can pull off a deal that allows us to get love and still keep some flexibility for future signings, I'm content to ride out another lottery bound year and just enjoy the youth movement.

If smart can become a force at point and sully/olynyk can take another step, we'll be sitting pretty.  A 2 year rebuild suits me just fine.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 09:46:51 AM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
If we somehow become a playoff team, itll be an ugly first round exit.  We're more than 1 piece away from making any real noise.  I love the zeller deal+ I'm looking forward to watching him, smart and young develop next year.  Unless we can pull off a deal that allows us to get love and still keep some flexibility for future signings, I'm content to ride out another lottery bound year and just enjoy the youth movement.

If smart can become a force at point and sully/olynyk can take another step, we'll be sitting pretty.  A 2 year rebuild suits me just fine.

I agree I think Danny is one move away from getting Love Im sorry I should have made that clear. Sorry for that.

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 09:49:30 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
If LeBron goes to Cleveland, I think Cavs will trade for Love..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 09:53:22 AM »

Offline nacceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
If LeBron goes to Cleveland, I think Cavs will trade for Love..

I agree...They will try to hold on to Wiggins and offer Waiters, Thompson, etc., but when Minny gets Boston's offer and approaches Cleveland again for their "final offer", the Cavs offer Wiggins and it gets done. The storyline that the Cavs don't want to deal Wiggins to Minny, to me, is posturing and waiting to see if Minny can come up with a better offer than the Cavs can originally throw at them.

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 09:56:53 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Actually, there is a nice little youth movement happening in light of the draft picks and Zeller-plus-pick acquisition.

Next year might be the "add value" year, since most of our young guys look like rotation players, but haven't really built value to the point of being budding stars.

Might be too early...

I agree. Though maybe not "add value" year, but "add value" prior to February trade deadline.
I really don't see much else the Cs will do during the summer. They have a lot of money already on the payroll, so I don't see them signing anyone with the MLE.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 10:00:11 AM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday

Might be too early...

I agree. Though maybe not "add value" year, but "add value" prior to February trade deadline.
I really don't see much else the Cs will do during the summer. They have a lot of money already on the payroll, so I don't see them signing anyone with the MLE.

I think you are way off  I think Danny will be knocking on every GM door to try and improve this team via trades adding salary whatever he has to to get Love,

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 10:26:32 AM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
Like to see the Celtics sign Emeka Okafor to a one year deal..that would set this team up as is for 2014..a playoff team maybe with a healthy Rondo, Bradley, Thornton,Green, Bass, Wallace..with Smart, Young, and with Sully, Zeller & KO with more experience under their belt..adding a center like Okafor or Hill, this team may be a playoff team

Unless the team pulls off a trade for Love, or some equivalent, why would you want this team to even sniff a playoff spot?  If they can't make a Love type of trade, the best thing this team can do is finish with the worst record in the NBA.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 10:35:17 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Next shoe to drop for Boston will be a couple cuts to get the roster down to 15. 

Offseason is over folks... Let's pack it in and prepare for a rondo move in February 

Lol

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 10:52:27 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
I hear ya on this. Right now we'll looking at a team heading back to the lottery. If we can't go big get Love we're better off tanking 1 more year then being an 8th seed. 2015 we are set up nice and could resign Rondo and another top free agent and still have all of our picks.

Danny's playing it smart and not just taking any trade to make a trade. We do have a ton of picks so trades are going to happen, maybe just not this year.

Unless the team pulls off a trade for Love, or some equivalent, why would you want this team to even sniff a playoff spot?  If they can't make a Love type of trade, the best thing this team can do is finish with the worst record in the NBA.

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2014, 11:01:08 AM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I have never heard / read the expression of "the other shoe to drop" anywhere else in life as much as what i read on celticsblog.

We have a funny dictionary around here.  :D

Shoe to drop
Legit
Real fan
Tank
Fleece

Back on topic, i think Ainge is going to try to leverage the non guaranteed contracts into another asset before the end of this month. There might be another 3rd team opportunity.

But i dont think it gets us anywhere closer to Kevin Love. We have enough picks to get a deal done if the Wolves want picks. They are in a 10 year playoff drought. They want a player who can get them into the playoffs. Maybe when Love starts acting like a diva who wants out when the season starts, the Wolves might change their trade requirements.

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2014, 11:11:14 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I hope it's Bass. Someone had him penciled in at center the other day. It made me sick.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird