Author Topic: Could Green be on the Cavs Radar?  (Read 2032 times)

Could Green be on the Cavs Radar?
« on: July 10, 2014, 03:52:51 AM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
If the Cavs ultimately miss out on Lebron could trading for Green be a possibility? They could still trade for Love and then use the te we sent them to take on green? Not sure what we could get in return. Maybe we through in bass as well and we take tristan thompson? What do you guys think?

Kyrie-Waiters-Green-Love-Varajoa  good enough for 4th in the east?
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

Re: Could Green be on the Cavs Radar?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 04:18:01 AM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
I don't want to give them Green in case they steal Love from us...
unless they prefer to pick from our collection of Guards :P
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 04:30:07 AM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you

hmmm. AB, Green, Bass for Waiters, Tristan Thompsan?
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 04:55:11 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99

hmmm. AB, Green, Bass for Waiters, Tristan Thompsan?

Well instead of giving away the team, why not just let Bron-bron come to us?
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 07:22:56 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
If Green gets shipped anywhere, I'd think it would be to Charlotte if they don't get Hayward, or Atlanta if they don't get Deng.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 07:54:41 AM »

Offline ticket18

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
If the Cavs ultimately miss out on Lebron could trading for Green be a possibility? They could still trade for Love and then use the te we sent them to take on green? Not sure what we could get in return. Maybe we through in bass as well and we take tristan thompson? What do you guys think?

Kyrie-Waiters-Green-Love-Varajoa  good enough for 4th in the east?

Love won't resign in Cleve without James, he already stated as much.

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 08:07:11 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Why they can play Wiggins on the wing?  Makes zero sense.   We just fleeced them.

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 09:47:22 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Trevor Ariza is allegedly their plan B.  I think they'd be willing to give him the four year, 48 million dollar contract he reportedly would like to get.  Green is going to be a potential trade target for teams that wanted to sign Ariza or Luol Deng and missed.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 10:08:01 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Trevor Ariza is allegedly their plan B.  I think they'd be willing to give him the four year, 48 million dollar contract he reportedly would like to get.  Green is going to be a potential trade target for teams that wanted to sign Ariza or Luol Deng and missed.

Here's the James-Ariza-Deng triangle.

If James stays in Miami, Cleveland signs Ariza, and Washington tries to work out a sign-and-trade with Cleveland, wherein they get Deng and Cleveland gets Ariza and a second round pick or two for helping out, since Cleveland can sign Ariza with cap space.  If Washington and Cleveland can't work something out, Deng is likely to either go to Houston or Atlanta, with an outside chance of Dallas if Houston matches Parsons offer sheet and Deng hasn't signed anywhere by the (unlikely).

If James goes to Cleveland, Ariza resigns with Washington, and Deng goes to Atlanta, Houston, or Dallas again (see above).

Washington doesn't have the cap space for Green.  They hold the Bird rights to Ariza, so that's why they're a destination for Ariza or Deng.

Cleveland would be interested in Green as a plan C, if they're interested at all.  There could be some tough optics in sending Boston more picks for Green after sending Boston Zeller and a pick for cap room.

Atlanta seems the most likely jilted Deng suitor, if they are jilted at all.  He's definitely their plan A at this point, and in my opinion would fit nicely on that team.  It would also let them try again in free agency next year when Green opts out.

Houston has seemed uninterested in Green, and they don't actually have the space to take him on unless they trade Lin or don't match Parson, so he isn't a good fit there.

Dallas might be interested, because they want to do something for Dirk, and will be low on options if Houston matches Parsons.

Accordingly, I think Charlotte also would be in the mix if/when Utah matches Hayward's offer sheet.  They have plenty of cap space and no other noteworthy targets.  Like Atlanta, they could always try again in free agency next year.

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 10:10:57 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Maybe. Depends on the goals of this Celtics team. Clearly Charlotte is in a win-now situation with Al Jefferson's age. If the Celtics aim to be a playoff team, Jeff Green is a must-keep for points and athleticism (though i'm definitely not a fan of Jeff). However, if the goal is to tank again, Jeff Green is a worthy trade for MKG and Biyombo.
As for the Cavs, i think we've tapped them out of their assets unless they're offering Wiggins for some reason.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens