Author Topic: Sheridan: Lebron is returning to Cleveland.  (Read 29294 times)

Re: Sheridan: Lebron is returning to Cleveland.
« Reply #150 on: July 10, 2014, 03:16:59 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
 Follow

Sam Amico
?@SamAmicoFSO
To be more precise, no less than five police officers at LeBron James home. They were told to expect a 3:30 ET announcement.

« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2014, 03:20:37 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
With Irving and Love playing terrible defense, i don't think the Cavs title chances would be much higher than the Heat's chances if the trio of Bosh Wade and James return.

Bosh is a really good fit for James. If you need low post offense for a quarter, Bosh can do that. If you need 3 point shooting to space the floor, Bosh can do that. If you need defense played on the opponent's best big, Bosh can do that. If you need a player that can float between power forward and center depending on if you are playing big or small, Bosh can do that.

Love can rebound, and i will be curious to know if he can still be a monster rebounder when he has to exert energy on defense.

No matter where James goes, his team will be favored to make the finals. He is just that good.

In the end all this mulling about leaving is because James thinks Wade is not good enough to be Robin. Wade is more like Aquaman or something.

"Go talk to the fish wade, i am taking my talents to Cleveland."

I do get the idea that James wants to build a business empire for himself in Cleveland. That's cool.

Not to be a jerk, but there are quite a number of teams that would not be favorites to go to the finals with Lebron. If he signed with the Jazz, Orlando, Philly, Denver, Celtics (unfortunately) or the Bucks for example they would probably be 5 seeds at best. The whole point proven by his career so far has been that he isn't good enough to win on his own...

I partly disagree. LeBron took a bunch of schlubs to the Finals in '07, and he's a better player now, so I really believe he could take any team to contender status by himself.

Yeah honestly LeBron took those terrible Cav teams as far as any individual player could. No one won the entire thing on their own. I get the general distaste for LeBron on this blog, hes good and hes not on our team. However, when we make these kinds of statements it makes us look like uneducated scrubs spewing the latest nonsense from ESPN. He's the undisputed best player of his generation, time to move on from the "LeBron can't get it done" talk, he has won 1 more than we have recently.

I am pretty sure what I said is a fact rather than an opinion. If Lebron signed with the Bucks or Jazz right now (some of the others are more debatable) they would not be favored to finish any more than about 4th in their conference. That would be based on statistical predictor models, linesmakers etc.
Jazz are in the west so you are probably correct, but if Lebron signed with the Bucks they would be the clear favorites in the East unless Anthony signed in Chicago.  And lets be real, other players will follow James, guys like Ray Allen, James Jones, Mike Miller, Chris Anderson, and other veterans.  Especially to a team where there is a need and a real role (as well as money). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #152 on: July 10, 2014, 03:22:26 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Follow

Sam Amico
?@SamAmicoFSO
To be more precise, no less than five police officers at LeBron James home. They were told to expect a 3:30 ET announcement.

does this mean his home in Miami? Do they expect the Heat fans to riot, because frankly there are no real Heat fans that would actually show emotion or anything, the supposed Heat fans would just dissolve into nothing.

« Reply #153 on: July 10, 2014, 03:24:07 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
He is going home I think - apparently he has a 330 tattoo and I goggled it and it's a zip code in Ohio....

« Reply #154 on: July 10, 2014, 03:24:07 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
Chris Sheridan is reporting that LeBron James has privately made his decision to sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers and an announcement will be made on LeBronJames.com.

James is also expected the news to be announced before he leaves for the World Cup Final in Brazil, which will be played on Sunday.

A source says that James' inner circle, from his wife Savannah to his agent Rich Paul and best friends Maverick Carter and Randy Mims are unanimous that he should return to the Cavaliers.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 03:32:32 PM by Waew »

« Reply #155 on: July 10, 2014, 03:24:39 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
Follow

Sam Amico
?@SamAmicoFSO

does this mean his home in Miami? Do they expect the Heat fans to riot, because frankly there are no real Heat fans that would actually show emotion or anything, the supposed Heat fans would just dissolve into nothing.

The ones who are still interested and haven't done so yet will probably go buy Spurs jerseys.

« Reply #156 on: July 10, 2014, 03:24:48 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
With Irving and Love playing terrible defense, i don't think the Cavs title chances would be much higher than the Heat's chances if the trio of Bosh Wade and James return.

Bosh is a really good fit for James. If you need low post offense for a quarter, Bosh can do that. If you need 3 point shooting to space the floor, Bosh can do that. If you need defense played on the opponent's best big, Bosh can do that. If you need a player that can float between power forward and center depending on if you are playing big or small, Bosh can do that.

Love can rebound, and i will be curious to know if he can still be a monster rebounder when he has to exert energy on defense.

No matter where James goes, his team will be favored to make the finals. He is just that good.

In the end all this mulling about leaving is because James thinks Wade is not good enough to be Robin. Wade is more like Aquaman or something.

I do get the idea that James wants to build a business empire for himself in Cleveland. That's cool.

Not to be a jerk, but there are quite a number of teams that would not be favorites to go to the finals with Lebron. If he signed with the Jazz, Orlando, Philly, Denver, Celtics (unfortunately) or the Bucks for example they would probably be 5 seeds at best. The whole point proven by his career so far has been that he isn't good enough to win on his own...

I partly disagree. LeBron took a bunch of schlubs to the Finals in '07, and he's a better player now, so I really believe he could take any team to contender status by himself.

Yeah honestly LeBron took those terrible Cav teams as far as any individual player could. No one won the entire thing on their own. I get the general distaste for LeBron on this blog, hes good and hes not on our team. However, when we make these kinds of statements it makes us look like uneducated scrubs spewing the latest nonsense from ESPN. He's the undisputed best player of his generation, time to move on from the "LeBron can't get it done" talk, he has won 1 more than we have recently.

I am pretty sure what I said is a fact rather than an opinion. If Lebron signed with the Bucks or Jazz right now (some of the others are more debatable) they would not be favored to finish any more than about 4th in their conference. That would be based on statistical predictor models, linesmakers etc.
Jazz are in the west so you are probably correct, but if Lebron signed with the Bucks they would be the clear favorites in the East unless Anthony signed in Chicago.

With Milwaukee's current cast of characters? 

I mean I have high hopes for Parker and all but no way would that team be "clear favorites" in the East.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #157 on: July 10, 2014, 03:25:40 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Follow

Sam Amico
?@SamAmicoFSO

The Heat fans will just go back to sitting in the sun, or staring at themselves in a mirror.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #158 on: July 10, 2014, 03:25:48 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
According to Frank Isola of the NY Daily News, professional Lebron James stalker Brian Windhorst is house hunting in Cleveland.

@FisolaNYDN

World Wide Windhorst of ESPN is reportedly house hunting in Cleveland. So there's that.

« Reply #159 on: July 10, 2014, 03:26:04 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo

lol so stupid

« Reply #160 on: July 10, 2014, 03:27:40 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I think the funniest possible subplot of this is LeBron going to Cleveland, Bosh to Houston, and Wade to Chicago, leaving Miami defending their 4 straight conference title streak with a new Big 3 of Shabazz Napier, Josh McRoberts and Danny Granger.  :D 

« Reply #161 on: July 10, 2014, 03:29:49 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Honestly, if he does go back to Cleveland---this shouldn't be a Big deal in Miami---after all---they are Fake Fans anyway...Basketball is like 10th/20th on their list of things to do in Miami--if that...
Basketball means the world to the people of Cleveland/Boston/etc.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #162 on: July 10, 2014, 03:31:32 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Jazz are in the west so you are probably correct, but if Lebron signed with the Bucks they would be the clear favorites in the East unless Anthony signed in Chicago.  And lets be real, other players will follow James, guys like Ray Allen, James Jones, Mike Miller, Chris Anderson, and other veterans.  Especially to a team where there is a need and a real role (as well as money).

If LeBron couldn't win with Big Z and Mo Williams in Cleveland, he ain't winning with Larry Sanders and OJ Mayo in Milwaukee.

Which does he think he's more likely to win with in Cleveland?  Irving, Varejao and Wiggins or Irving and Love?

Mike

« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2014, 03:36:24 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547

Jazz are in the west so you are probably correct, but if Lebron signed with the Bucks they would be the clear favorites in the East unless Anthony signed in Chicago.

I mean I have high hopes for Parker and all but no way would that team be "clear favorites" in the East.
Yeah, who you putting ahead of them.  The Pacers without Stephenson.  The Knicks. The Wizards. The Raptors.  The Hawks.  I mean come on.  The only team I could really see in the conversation is Chicago, but until Rose actually shows he can stay healthy I would have little confidence against the Bucks with Lebron, Parker, Mayo, Henson, Illaysova, Pachulia, Giannis, Sanders, etc.

Lebron James is that good and the East is that bad.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #164 on: July 10, 2014, 03:43:41 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be

Yeah, who you putting ahead of them.  The Pacers without Stephenson.  The Knicks. The Wizards. The Raptors.  The Hawks.  I mean come on.  The only team I could really see in the conversation is Chicago, but until Rose actually shows he can stay healthy I would have little confidence against the Bucks with Lebron, Parker, Mayo, Henson, Illaysova, Pachulia, Giannis, Sanders, etc.

Lebron James is that good and the East is that bad.

Pacers without Stephenson are still a very good basketball team.  I expect the Bulls to be up there again with or without Melo and look what they did without Rose last year.  What if Wade & Bosh end up back in Miami?   

I think you're putting some of those Bucks on a higher pedestal then where they belong. Certainly some "ifs" with those guys.  There's nothing "clear" to make them a favorite in the East.  Contender?  Sure but I don't think they're steamrolling their way to the final.

Bucks are in the conversation but no way are they "clear" favorites.   In fact, I don't think there is a clear favorite in the East unless Lebron and Love find themselves on the Cavs along with Kyrie when the dust settles on everything.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team