Author Topic: Sheridan: Lebron is returning to Cleveland.  (Read 29300 times)

Re: Sheridan: Lebron is returning to Cleveland.
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2014, 01:27:00 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
In some ways Lebron is crazy for considering Cleveland over Miami.

The cavs are a terribly run organization. Luol Deng gave the impression he was sentenced to purgatory there. He hates it. The players are selfish. The organization is a joke. He wants out in a major way.

Miami on the other hand is top notch in how it is run.

Then you have the city life and weather.

It's pretty simple in my eyes - do you want to spend the next 5 years with Kyrie Irving or Dwayne Wade??  I know Wade is his boy but at the end of the day James needs to do what is best for his legacy and aligning himself with Wade and some old vets is not the answer.  Weather is not a factor, Lebron has more money than god, he can live anywhere in the world or buy his own island if he wants....

« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2014, 01:27:57 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton

The cavs are a terribly run organization. Luol Deng gave the impression he was sentenced to purgatory there. He hates it. The players are selfish. The organization is a joke. He wants out in a major way.

It's pretty simple in my eyes - do you want to spend the next 5 years with Kyrie Irving or Dwayne Wade??  I know Wade is his boy but at the end of the day James needs to do what is best for his legacy and aligning himself with Wade and some old vets is not the answer.  Weather is not a factor, Lebron has more money than god, he can live anywhere in the world or buy his own island if he wants....

The icing on the cake is that he is from that area and they have a nice young core to work with....pretty easy choice in my eyes...

« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2014, 01:37:00 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
With Irving and Love playing terrible defense, i don't think the Cavs title chances would be much higher than the Heat's chances if the trio of Bosh Wade and James return.

Bosh is a really good fit for James. If you need low post offense for a quarter, Bosh can do that. If you need 3 point shooting to space the floor, Bosh can do that. If you need defense played on the opponent's best big, Bosh can do that. If you need a player that can float between power forward and center depending on if you are playing big or small, Bosh can do that.

Love can rebound, and i will be curious to know if he can still be a monster rebounder when he has to exert energy on defense.

No matter where James goes, his team will be favored to make the finals. He is just that good.

In the end all this mulling about leaving is because James thinks Wade is not good enough to be Robin. Wade is more like Aquaman or something.

"Go talk to the fish wade, i am taking my talents to Cleveland."

I do get the idea that James wants to build a business empire for himself in Cleveland. That's cool.

« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2014, 01:40:48 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
Anyway, i would like to see James return to Cleveland. It's a cool story.

And i hate the Heat. Wade and Chalmers can pretend to be awesome without James.

« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2014, 01:48:37 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
With Irving and Love playing terrible defense, i don't think the Cavs title chances would be much higher than the Heat's chances if the trio of Bosh Wade and James return.

Bosh is a really good fit for James. If you need low post offense for a quarter, Bosh can do that. If you need 3 point shooting to space the floor, Bosh can do that. If you need defense played on the opponent's best big, Bosh can do that. If you need a player that can float between power forward and center depending on if you are playing big or small, Bosh can do that.

Love can rebound, and i will be curious to know if he can still be a monster rebounder when he has to exert energy on defense.

No matter where James goes, his team will be favored to make the finals. He is just that good.

In the end all this mulling about leaving is because James thinks Wade is not good enough to be Robin. Wade is more like Aquaman or something.

I do get the idea that James wants to build a business empire for himself in Cleveland. That's cool.

I wonder if James wants to keep Wiggins?? Is that crazy?  would give them another elite defending wing?  Add shooters around Lebron like Miami did and I think they would be good to go?  Might take a year or two but Lebron would be 31 or 32? with this young core fully developed....wow...

« Reply #125 on: July 10, 2014, 01:57:52 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

All very good points, but remember that is where he is from.

Luck has gifted the cavaliers so many things. 3 lottery wins in 4 years. What are the odds of that!?

Then they luck into having the greatest player of this generation grow up in nearby Akron, and that that player holds tremendous loyalty and sentimentality for Ohio.

And yet they still suck today.

Maybe not for much longer, though.

It seems that the Cavs might've learned their lesson and are determined to give James a really good group of teammates: Irving, possibly Love, maybe Deng, maybe some great shooters in Ray Allen and/or Mike Miller, plus LeBron's buddy Varejao. And if LeBron and Love are there, you know that other good players will want to go there.

I would very much enjoy a world where LeBron goes back to the Cavs and never wins a ring in Cleveland.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #126 on: July 10, 2014, 01:58:24 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas

I wonder if James wants to keep Wiggins?? Is that crazy?  would give them another elite defending wing?  Add shooters around Lebron like Miami did and I think they would be good to go?  Might take a year or two but Lebron would be 31 or 32? with this young core fully developed....wow...

I like that pairing too. They could be like Scottie and MJ defensively in a couple years.

Then probably keep Thompson and Varejao, and use guys like Bennett and Waiters to try to get Pau Gasol, Larry Sanders or josh Smith.

A wiggins, James, Smith, Varejao defensive lineup could be devastating. Irving might get his head into that side of the game as well.

« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2014, 02:26:51 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526

Luck has gifted the cavaliers so many things. 3 lottery wins in 4 years. What are the odds of that!?

Then they luck into having the greatest player of this generation grow up in nearby Akron, and that that player holds tremendous loyalty and sentimentality for Ohio.

It seems that the Cavs might've learned their lesson and are determined to give James a really good group of teammates: Irving, possibly Love, maybe Deng, maybe some great shooters in Ray Allen and/or Mike Miller, plus LeBron's buddy Varejao. And if LeBron and Love are there, you know that other good players will want to go there.

I would very much enjoy a world where LeBron goes back to the Cavs and never wins a ring in Cleveland.

I'd like to see him go back to cleveland and I don't care if he wins championships there.  The only teams I care about for championships are the C's and the Lakers.   I was sure the Lakers would get Lebron, and I still think they may end up with Melo. I think there's been only 2 or 3 years in the last 40 that the Lakers haven't had 2 (or more) of the best players in the league (Wilt/West/Goodrich; Kareem/Magic/Worthy; Shaq/Kobe; Kobe/Gasol/Howard.   If Kobe is not Kobe anymore, the Lakers may actually have to suffer through a season without a top ten player.  Imagine, the Lakers may have to be like other teams.  But it won't last long.

« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2014, 02:30:55 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
PHIL TREXLER-ABJ @PhilTrexler
Bath police to increase patrols around LBJ's home after 3 p. when annoucement is expected "tonight." #KingJames

Hunch in Bath Twp. is that LBJ's coming home, all things are positive. Still nothing official, but police told to "be prepared." #kingjames

By home, I mean the Cavs. Annoucement coming later today. #KingJames

Folks in Bath feel strongly that LBJ will sign w/ CLE. LBJ's camp contacted cops hour ago to alert them of tonight's annoucement. #kingjames

Whomever this guy may be....

"Reporter, Akron Beacon Journal. Adjunct journalism instructor, Kent St. Author, Ballparks, Yesterday & Today"

« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2014, 02:35:55 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Cops could just as easily have been told to "be prepared" to guard against fans burning down his house.

That's a much smarter move than what we've seen elsewhere around the web, though -- talking to the cops.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2014, 02:37:30 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2014, 02:40:38 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Not to be a jerk, but there are quite a number of teams that would not be favorites to go to the finals with Lebron. If he signed with the Jazz, Orlando, Philly, Denver, Celtics (unfortunately) or the Bucks for example they would probably be 5 seeds at best. The whole point proven by his career so far has been that he isn't good enough to win on his own...

« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2014, 02:41:15 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
If James does sign in Cleveland, I would expect the Cavs to bring in Ray Allen, Chris Anderson, and James Jones for depth, which will allow them to make a more aggressive offer for Love (though I'm still not sure they will give up Wiggins). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2014, 02:44:13 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

I'd like to see him go back to cleveland and I don't care if he wins championships there.  The only teams I care about for championships are the C's and the Lakers.   I was sure the Lakers would get Lebron, and I still think they may end up with Melo. I think there's been only 2 or 3 years in the last 40 that the Lakers haven't had 2 (or more) of the best players in the league (Wilt/West/Goodrich; Kareem/Magic/Worthy; Shaq/Kobe; Kobe/Gasol/Howard.   If Kobe is not Kobe anymore, the Lakers may actually have to suffer through a season without a top ten player.  Imagine, the Lakers may have to be like other teams.  But it won't last long.

Yeah, I'd be fine with him winning or not winning, and my main focus is also on the Cs and Ls (that is, the winners and the losers  ;D). The Heat are far, far behind in the title count, of course, but I don't want to see Wade win anymore rings, and there's just something about the whole Miami Heat thing that screams "evil empire" to me.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2014, 02:44:33 PM »

Offline bhbf08

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
So, now that rumors are out that he's going to Cleveland, what happens if he stays in Miami?  Does cleveland burn jerseys again?  Poor guys ....