Author Topic: Sheridan: Lebron is returning to Cleveland.  (Read 29213 times)

Re: Sheridan: Lebron is returning to Cleveland.
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2014, 08:16:39 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
So is it set in stone or is it still a rumor at this point?

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2014, 08:41:48 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
if Lebron doesn't go back to Cleveland after all this he's going to look like a huge scum bag.

i hate lebron as much as anyone else, but I dont think he would deserve the scumbag treatment in this regard, unless it comes out that he led cleveland on to get what he wants elsewhere.

Its not his fault these teams try to move heaven and earth to please him without any kind of guarantee he'll sign.

well it does appear that he has lead them on in some fashion. telling them "they have a serious chance".

Cleveland looks like a bunch of hypocrites anyway, namely Dan Gilbert after all the crap he said after he left and who just deleted that letter off the Cavs website a couple days ago

exactly! they're basically selling their souls imo. but that's why i'm saying he pretty much has to choose Cleveland now at this point. could you imagine this team, these fans getting snake-bitten twice by this guy? he'd never be able to show his face in Cleveland again.

« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2014, 08:45:03 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
if Lebron doesn't go back to Cleveland after all this he's going to look like a huge scum bag.

Why? Why should he rush a decision that will affect him for the next five years because of impatient fans?

Secondly, if he goes to Cleveland (as one can see from this thread alone), he'll get flamed anyways. It's just how it is. Some people will never like him no matter what.

after leading Cleveland on and just letting them think they have a chance. I think he'll get more than "flamed" by Cleveland fans if he doesn't go back to play there.

« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2014, 09:02:46 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Look, let's set this straight. 

Yes, let's set things straight.

Here are the guys who played 50 games or more for Cleveland during LeBron's last year there.

Bron - 76 games
Shaq - 53 games
Zydrunas Ilgauskas - 64 games
JJ Hickson - 81 games
Anderson Varejao - 76 games
Delonte West - 60 games
Mo Williams - 68 games
Anthony Parker - 81 games
Jamario Moon - 61 games
Jawad Williams - 54 games
Daniel Gibson - 56 games

Here's the guys who played 50 games or more the year after LeBron left.

Daniel Gibson - 67 games
Joey Graham - 79 games
Manny Harris - 54 games
JJ Hickson - 80 games
Ryan Hollins - 70 games
Antwan Jamison - 56 games
Ramon Sessions - 81 games
Anthony Parker - 72 games

So, that team essentially lost Shaq, Varejao, Big Z and Delonte and replaced them with Ryan Hollins, Joey Graham, Manny Harris and Ramon Sessions.  Even if Bron had stayed, they were going to win a LOT fewer games.

LeBron is NOT like KG.  Cleveland consistently put competitive teams around LeBron and the main reason they didn't win a title that last year was LeBron quitting on them against Boston.

All the other excuses for LeBron are the real "hot garbage".

Mike

I Agree---I think the Cavs did Everything they could, to put talent around him----For some reason, there's this public perception---that they did Nothing---BS---He had plenty of talent--and just couldn't get by a Much Tougher team--in the KG era Celtics---THAT is why he Gave up--and Quit, to go play in Miami...People's memories are weak....Hell---if Shaq doesn't get hurt---The C's would have beaten him again---The Heat got ALL the Lucky Breaks, the past 4 years--and still only ended up with 2 Rings---Should have been ONE--!

I agree. The Cavs did put good talent around Lebron. They may have missed out on one or two moves for a player like Amare, but in retrospect maybe they were right, Amare fell apart. The major mistake they made though was keeping Mike Brown. If that Cavs team had a better coach they may has gotten by the celtics and won a banner or two.
You guys thinking that is good talent is hilarious.  ONE player, ONE year, Lebron's entire time in Cleveland, outside of Lebron made an all star game.  Not a single player made any of the All NBA or All NBA Defensive teams.  Not a single one.  His first year in Miami all of those were eclipsed by Wade and Bosh.  In one year he had more talent than he had in his prior seven years combined. 

The Cavs were a trainwreck during Lebron's tenure there, starting with the Carlos Boozer fiasco all the way through his seven year run.  They wasted first round draft picks on guys like Luke Jackson.  They traded first round picks for players like Jiri Welsh.  Just disaster after disaster.  And they were such a disaster that all of Lebron's pleading and begging to Chris Bosh, could not convince Bosh to go there (the Cavs and Raps had a sign and trade worked out all it needed was Bosh's approval). 

The Cavs starting lineup from the team that made the NBA Finals was Lebron, Larry Hughes, Zydrunas Ilgauskus, Sasha Pavlovic, and Drew Gooden.  Anderson Varejao, Boobie Gibson, Donyell Marshall, and Eric Snow were the rest of the rotation.  That team without Lebron James wins 15 games if it is lucky and yet it was the best team in the Eastern Conference that year solely because of James.

Agreed.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2014, 09:30:55 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
He is going to Cleveland there is no doubt!  I actually respect him for this move!  He could have stayed in Miami and tried to win another title or two with not a lot of pressure.  Now he is heading home to make things right and the pressure to win a title for Cleveland is going to be through the roof....

The next big thing is going to be whether the Cavs move Wiggins for Love....

Whatever the Cavs decide to do they are the best team in the East once Lebron arrives and his supporting cast this time around is better than before and they won 60 something games a year with a bunch of schmucks....

« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2014, 09:33:41 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Stephen A Smith said on Mike & Mike this morning that LeBron is going to Cleveland and Melo to New York so u know its happening!!  ;)..but also added who the heck knows anymore!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2014, 09:37:39 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
All the smoke seems to point towards Cleveland at this point certainly.

Too bad for the C's, I imagine they'll actually execute a trade for Love.

« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2014, 09:42:27 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
Stephen A Smith said on Mike & Mike this morning that LeBron is going to Cleveland and Melo to New York so u know its happening!!  ;)..but also added who the heck knows anymore!!

SAS is pretty tied in with Lebron and company....Called him to Miami 4 years ago...

« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2014, 09:42:35 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Sheridan is a hack. He and his lackeys are throwing undercooked spaghetti at the wall and hoping it sticks. http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/07/08/may-lebron-to-cleveland-aint-gonna-happen/#U2QJ1XJDu5JX4sud
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2014, 09:46:20 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Here are the guys who played 50 games or more for Cleveland during LeBron's last year there.

Bron - 76 games
Shaq - 53 games
JJ Hickson - 81 games
Delonte West - 60 games
Mo Williams - 68 games
Jamario Moon - 61 games
Daniel Gibson - 56 games

Daniel Gibson - 67 games
Joey Graham - 79 games
Manny Harris - 54 games
JJ Hickson - 80 games
Ryan Hollins - 70 games

So, that team essentially lost Shaq, Varejao, Big Z and Delonte and replaced them with Ryan Hollins, Joey Graham, Manny Harris and Ramon Sessions.  Even if Bron had stayed, they were going to win a LOT fewer games.

LeBron is NOT like KG.  Cleveland consistently put competitive teams around LeBron and the main reason they didn't win a title that last year was LeBron quitting on them against Boston.

Mike

I Agree---I think the Cavs did Everything they could, to put talent around him----For some reason, there's this public perception---that they did Nothing---BS---He had plenty of talent--and just couldn't get by a Much Tougher team--in the KG era Celtics---THAT is why he Gave up--and Quit, to go play in Miami...People's memories are weak....Hell---if Shaq doesn't get hurt---The C's would have beaten him again---The Heat got ALL the Lucky Breaks, the past 4 years--and still only ended up with 2 Rings---Should have been ONE--!

I agree. The Cavs did put good talent around Lebron. They may have missed out on one or two moves for a player like Amare, but in retrospect maybe they were right, Amare fell apart. The major mistake they made though was keeping Mike Brown. If that Cavs team had a better coach they may has gotten by the celtics and won a banner or two.
You guys thinking that is good talent is hilarious.  ONE player, ONE year, Lebron's entire time in Cleveland, outside of Lebron made an all star game.  Not a single player made any of the All NBA or All NBA Defensive teams.  Not a single one.  His first year in Miami all of those were eclipsed by Wade and Bosh.  In one year he had more talent than he had in his prior seven years combined. 

The Cavs were a trainwreck during Lebron's tenure there, starting with the Carlos Boozer fiasco all the way through his seven year run.  They wasted first round draft picks on guys like Luke Jackson.  They traded first round picks for players like Jiri Welsh.  Just disaster after disaster.  And they were such a disaster that all of Lebron's pleading and begging to Chris Bosh, could not convince Bosh to go there (the Cavs and Raps had a sign and trade worked out all it needed was Bosh's approval). 

The Cavs starting lineup from the team that made the NBA Finals was Lebron, Larry Hughes, Zydrunas Ilgauskus, Sasha Pavlovic, and Drew Gooden.  Anderson Varejao, Boobie Gibson, Donyell Marshall, and Eric Snow were the rest of the rotation.  That team without Lebron James wins 15 games if it is lucky and yet it was the best team in the Eastern Conference that year solely because of James.

Larry Hughes made all NBA defense 1st team one season.  Drew Gooden has been in the league for 11 years.  Zydrunas made two all star teams.  Eric Snow made all defense 2nd team.

That you think those guys are garbage merely proves you don't really know basketball.

Mike

« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2014, 09:46:57 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
Sheridan is a hack. He and his lackeys are throwing undercooked spaghetti at the wall and hoping it sticks. http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/07/08/may-lebron-to-cleveland-aint-gonna-happen/#U2QJ1XJDu5JX4sud

he may be a hack but he has been pretty on point with the Lebron stuff so far.  He called him announcing it on his website well before everyone else....And Darren Rovell has some interesting tweets this morning about unpublished web pages from his website...

« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2014, 09:48:45 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I think coaching is what really cost the Cavs in 2009-2010 against the C's.

Cleveland would have had a much better chance if they'd abandoned the big power lineups and just tried to go small with Hickson/LBJ and run at us. I remember being terrified of Hickson that series and celebrating whenever Z/Shaq was in the game.

« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2014, 10:00:50 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton

Bron - 76 games
Shaq - 53 games
JJ Hickson - 81 games
Delonte West - 60 games
Mo Williams - 68 games
Jamario Moon - 61 games
Daniel Gibson - 56 games

Daniel Gibson - 67 games
Joey Graham - 79 games
Manny Harris - 54 games
JJ Hickson - 80 games
Ryan Hollins - 70 games

Mike

Larry Hughes made all NBA defense 1st team one season.  Drew Gooden has been in the league for 11 years.  Zydrunas made two all star teams.  Eric Snow made all defense 2nd team.

That you think those guys are garbage merely proves you don't really know basketball.

Mike

I will give you big Z, he was a solid NBA Center but Gooden, Hughes and Snow were terrible especially at the point of their careers when they played with Lebron...

« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2014, 10:02:18 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

he may be a hack but he has been pretty on point with the Lebron stuff so far.  He called him announcing it on his website well before everyone else....And Darren Rovell has some interesting tweets this morning about unpublished web pages from his website...

I'd like to point out that the front page of sheridanhoops presently (9:58 am) hosts two columns right next to one another. One of them says on no uncertain terms that Lebron is going to Cleveland. The other one says that he is definitely not going to Cleveland. Further down, they are hosting a poll entitled "where will Lebron James end up?"

This website is calling both heads and tails while the coin is still in the air. When it lands they can say that they called it first. In the meantime, they've got the best clickbait around.

At least village idiot Chris Broussard takes a guess one way or the other.

« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2014, 10:09:01 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I'd like to point out that the front page of sheridanhoops presently (9:58 am) hosts two columns right next to one another. One of them says on no uncertain terms that Lebron is going to Cleveland. The other one says that he is definitely not going to Cleveland. Further down, they are hosting a poll entitled "where will Lebron James end up?"

This website is calling both heads and tails while the coin is still in the air. When it lands they can say that they called it first. In the meantime, they've got the best clickbait around.

At least village idiot Chris Broussard takes a guess one way or the other.

Exactly my point. They're playing both sides and when the decision comes down, they'll say they had the scoop first.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman