Author Topic: Sheridan: Lebron is returning to Cleveland.  (Read 29278 times)

Re: Sheridan: Lebron is returning to Cleveland.
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2014, 09:35:41 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Wasn't Sheridan the one who said we were getting cousins?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2014, 09:38:11 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
This is a text my friend sent to me after I shared Sheridan's report with him: "He's a selfish piece of sh*t and the media is going to play it up like he couldn't stand being away from home...and Cleveland has nothing else, so they'll be welcoming him with open arms.  He's going for the $$$ and because he cares only about himself."

Lol, so true!

And the sickening part is if you thought everyone was kissing Lebron's ass before, wait til you see how much the ESPN, ABC, TNT and NBA TV crew puckers up if Lebron goes back to Cleveland.

The league is going to hype him up as a superstar player with a soft spot in his heart for his home city and paint him out to be an American hero!

It's going to get really unbearable!

Come to think of it, Lebron I am begging you, stay in Miami!

We passed unbearable long ago, my friend.  The real issue I have here with Lebron is how much money does this guy need? 

TP for PaulPierce34G on behalf of your friend's tweet.  I couldn't have said it better myself ;D  What a prick.

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2014, 09:39:53 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
This is a text my friend sent to me after I shared Sheridan's report with him: "He's a selfish piece of sh*t and the media is going to play it up like he couldn't stand being away from home...and Cleveland has nothing else, so they'll be welcoming him with open arms.  He's going for the $$$ and because he cares only about himself."

Lol, so true!

And the sickening part is if you thought everyone was kissing Lebron's ass before, wait til you see how much the ESPN, ABC, TNT and NBA TV crew puckers up if Lebron goes back to Cleveland.

The league is going to hype him up as a superstar player with a soft spot in his heart for his home city and paint him out to be an American hero!

We passed unbearable long ago, my friend.  The real issue I have here with Lebron is how much money does this guy need?

I remember reading some years back, LeBron said he wants to become a billionaire.  I guess he isn't satisfied with hundred-millions.  So I guess until he becomes a billionaire, he will rake in as much as he possibly can.

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2014, 09:42:36 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
if Lebron doesn't go back to Cleveland after all this he's going to look like a huge scum bag.

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2014, 09:43:07 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Chris Bosh has decided to sign with the Rockets if LeBron James leaves the Heat, according to ESPN.com.

It's pathetic that Bosh wouldn't just flat out take a max to play in Houston with Howard and Harden regardless of James's decision. Seriously be your own man Chris

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2014, 09:43:18 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
i dont blame the guy for wanting to make as much money as possible.  maybe he wants to own a team after he retires.  I just dont think money is #1 on his radar right now
Greg

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2014, 09:45:44 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Soul Glo
i dont blame the guy for wanting to make as much money as possible.  maybe he wants to own a team after he retires.  I just dont think money is #1 on his radar right now

I think it's a combination of money and legacy.  NBA salary-wise, he won't make as much money by switching teams, but he will make up the 'loss' with outside marketing ventures.  Legacy-wise, it will be a story of redemption and bringing a title to Cleveland, etc...blah, blah, blah.  I think the guy does care about winning, but as you said earlier, he looks for the easiest route possible. 

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2014, 09:47:58 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
if Lebron doesn't go back to Cleveland after all this he's going to look like a huge scum bag.

i hate lebron as much as anyone else, but I dont think he would deserve the scumbag treatment in this regard, unless it comes out that he led cleveland on to get what he wants elsewhere.

Its not his fault these teams try to move heaven and earth to please him without any kind of guarantee he'll sign.  Cleveland looks like a bunch of hypocrites anyway, namely Dan Gilbert after all the crap he said after he left and who just deleted that letter off the Cavs website a couple days ago
Greg

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2014, 09:48:41 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145

I think it's a combination of money and legacy.  NBA salary-wise, he won't make as much money by switching teams, but he will make up the 'loss' with outside marketing ventures.  Legacy-wise, it will be a story of redemption and bringing a title to Cleveland, etc...blah, blah, blah.  I think the guy does care about winning, but as you said earlier, he looks for the easiest route possible.

So you are under the impression that LeBron....the undisputed best player in the league...wouldn't have significant outside marketing ventures if he goes back to Miami?

« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2014, 09:48:46 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Lol, so true!

I remember reading some years back, LeBron said he wants to become a billionaire.  I guess he isn't satisfied with hundred-millions.

Any time I here Stephen A Smith or someone else say that Lebron, "is all about business," I want to throw up.  The astonishing level of greed displayed by the top 1% of the people in this country is beyond contemptible.  I don't even know where to begin on the issue of how cutthroat the nature of 'business' is. 

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2014, 09:50:43 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker

this is all about chasing titles IMO, finding the strongest potential team in the weak East to guarantee a shot in the finals every year.  He'll make a truckload of money no matter where he goes marketing wise.
Greg

« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2014, 09:51:02 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Soul Glo

So you are under the impression that LeBron....the undisputed best player in the league...wouldn't have significant outside marketing ventures if he goes back to Miami?

He would clearly still make a boatload of money with marketing ventures no matter where he goes...He could play in Milwaukee and still rake it in... but what would make more money?  Staying in MIA or going home to Cleveland to finish what you started when you came into the league?  The media/big corporations will blow this thing out of proportion and people will eat it up.  Nike can make a whole campaign off his return to Cleveland and I bet they have groundwork already laid out for it.

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2014, 09:51:06 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney

Why? Why should he rush a decision that will affect him for the next five years because of impatient fans?

Secondly, if he goes to Cleveland (as one can see from this thread alone), he'll get flamed anyways. It's just how it is. Some people will never like him no matter what.

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2014, 09:52:56 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
He's going for the $$$ and because he cares only about himself."

Whatever his motivation in (allegedly) returning home, it's not money.  He could get more by staying in Miami.

Miami tried to get him to take less money so that it could arguably improve the team about as much as it could if no one had opted out.  This could be avoided if Mickey Arison wasn't so greedy.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2014, 09:52:57 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney

He would clearly still make a boatload of money with marketing ventures no matter where he goes...He could play in Milwaukee and still rake it in... but what would make more money?  Staying in MIA or going home to Cleveland to finish what you started when you came into the league?  The media/big corporations will blow this thing out of proportion and people will eat it up.

....Frankly, I would guess his non-NBA income wouldn't be any different in either Miami and Cleveland. He certainly wouldn't make so much more in Cleveland that he would go there for the money, as has been pointed out earlier.