Author Topic: Starting unit at the beginning of the season  (Read 6731 times)

Re: Starting unit at the beginning of the season
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 07:42:33 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Rondo
Smart
Bradley
Stephenson
Pressey

Pressey at center LOL

tank city !!!!!!!!!!!!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 07:49:31 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Nash
Bradley
Green
Sullinger
Zeller

Assumes Rondo gets traded.

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 07:58:29 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
I think our depth chart would be:
Rondo/Smart/Pressey
AB/Thornton/CJ
Green/Young/Wallace
Sully/KO/Bass
Zeller/Fav/Iverson
Hoping we could add Hill in FA and give him a roster spot instead of Colt... We MAYYY be in a playoff discussion...

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 08:15:28 PM »

Offline DrewVig

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
Realistically this will be our starting lineup

PG - Rondo
SG - Bradley
SF - Green
PF - Sullinger
C - Zeller (FA?)

Bench

Guards - Smart, Thornton, Pressy, Young
Fowards - Olynk, Bass, Wallace,
Centers - Faverani, Anthony

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 08:20:57 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Realistically this will be our starting lineup

PG - Rondo
SG - Bradley
SF - Green
PF - Sullinger
C - Zeller (FA?)

Bench

Guards - Smart, Thornton, Pressy, Young
Fowards - Olynk, Bass, Wallace,
Centers - Faverani, Anthony

I like it.

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2014, 08:26:34 PM »

Offline TeamGreen.dm

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • here comes Banner 18
You're all forgetting about Kent Bazemore!

Does anyone know if he still met with the Celtics as planned today, despite the Thornton acquisition?

As if he's worth remembering ;D
"I am not going to back down from any challenge. Like I said, you are going to have to prove to me. I am a fighter; I will keep fighting and will never give up." Marcus Smart

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 08:49:41 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
At this point, it's pretty clear:

PG: Rondo    / Smart
SG: Bradley  / Thorton
SF: Green    / Wallace
PF: Bass      /  KO
 C: Sully      / Zellar
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2014, 08:50:56 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
What I hope to see, but I don't think we will actually see:

Rondo-Smart-Green-Olynyk-Zeller, with Bradley and Sully first off the bench.

Feeling this lineup given the current personnel on the team. Call me crazy, I think that's an exciting lineup (sipping Green Kool Aid).

Hopefully, it turns out to be:

Smart, Bradley, Green, KO, Drummond with Sully as 6th man (Rondo, Young, 1st & Zeller gone in a trade).

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2014, 08:56:56 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
If I am not mistaken the Sully Olynyk duo was pretty effective, at least on offense, last season.

Rondo / Smart
Bradley / Thornton
Green / Wallace
Sullinger / Bass
Olynyk / Zeller

11th man: Young

That is actually a fairly balanced roster. They could win 41 games if healthy.

Certainly they still need a starting center, an upgrade in 3 point shooting, and a star player that can finish games.

30-win team at best...

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2014, 09:16:02 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
If I am not mistaken the Sully Olynyk duo was pretty effective, at least on offense, last season.

Rondo / Smart
Bradley / Thornton
Green / Wallace
Sullinger / Bass
Olynyk / Zeller

Certainly they still need a starting center, an upgrade in 3 point shooting, and a star player that can finish games.

30-win team at best...

I'm not going to assert that this is a great, deep-playoff team or anything silly like that.

But do you really think that team is no better than 5 games better than last year's team?

Right off the bat, this roster is far more balanced than last year's was, with a true starting point guard (and better point guard depth) and a true center.   Zeller is not to be confused with an all-start, but he's a legit quality center and that's huge improvement over last year.

We also should have much better size match ups all around, not having to play 6' 9" at the C and no Bayless playing SG so much (that was a killer defensively).

For the first time in two seasons we will start the year with BOTH Bradley and Rondo healthy.  Is it too much to hope that we'll finally get a full season of those two playing together?

The youngsters should all be more experienced individually as well as within Steven's system.  That's got to help at least a tiny bit, don't you think?

Finally, on top of those things, there is the intangible that Rondo and Green, who are arguably our two best players right now, are both healthy to start the season and will be in contract years.

You can argue that each of these effects may be small, but I'd like to think that they all add up to a little more than just +5 wins over last year's purposeful wreck of a season.

Though, to amend the above proposal by Mr. October, I expect Zeller to be the starting C and Sully & Olynyk to trade starts at PF until one of them firmly establishes himself as the starter.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2014, 09:22:45 PM »

Offline TeamGreen.dm

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • here comes Banner 18

Rondo / Smart
Bradley / Thornton
Green / Wallace
Sullinger / Bass
Olynyk / Zeller

30-win team at best...

I'm not going to assert that this is a great, deep-playoff team or anything silly like that.

But do you really think that team is no better than 5 games better than last year's team?

Right off the bat, this roster is far more balanced than last year's was, with a true starting point guard (and better point guard depth) and a true center.   Zeller is not to be confused with an all-start, but he's a legit quality center and that's huge improvement over last year.

We also should have much better size match ups all around, not having to play 6' 9" at the C and no Bayless playing SG so much (that was a killer defensively).

For the first time in two seasons we will start the year with BOTH Bradley and Rondo healthy.  Is it too much to hope that we'll finally get a full season of those two playing together?

The youngsters should all be more experienced individually as well as within Steven's system.  That's got to help at least a tiny bit, don't you think?

Finally, on top of those things, there is the intangible that Rondo and Green, who are arguably our two best players right now, are both healthy to start the season and will be in contract years.

You can argue that each of these effects may be small, but I'd like to think that they all add up to a little more than just +5 wins over last year's purposeful wreck of a season.

Though, to amend the above proposal by Mr. October, I expect Zeller to be the starting C and Sully & Olynyk to trade starts at PF until one of them firmly establishes himself as the starter.

I think with the way things are be constructed that Rondo is traded by deadline which makes the latter half of the season a joke
"I am not going to back down from any challenge. Like I said, you are going to have to prove to me. I am a fighter; I will keep fighting and will never give up." Marcus Smart

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2014, 09:27:33 PM »

Offline Londongreen

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Rondo
Young
Green
Bass
zeller or Fav

Trade Sully or KO, don't want both and not sullt at PF or at C.

Make use of Zeller or Fav and give them time and see how they fair.

Tired of a team of 2-guards and PFs(if you count green as one) only playing. Now we have 3 centers and they should play Center.

Unless we tanking for okafor karl towns or any new studs (like embiid) who pop out from abroad.

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2014, 09:28:56 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

Rondo / Smart
Bradley / Thornton
Green / Wallace
Sullinger / Bass
Olynyk / Zeller

30-win team at best...

Okay. You convinced me. I can go to 35 wins!   ;D

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2014, 09:38:41 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope

Rondo / Smart
Bradley / Thornton
Green / Wallace
Sullinger / Bass
Olynyk / Zeller

30-win team at best...

Okay. You convinced me. I can go to 35 wins!   ;D

Woo! Playoffs!
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2014, 09:44:03 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
I'm with the optimists on this one.. Obviously this team isnt gonna make a deep run in the playoffs. HOWEVER, its not out of the realm of possibility that this team makes the playoffs..
There was a point last year that this team was leading the division with Jordan Crawford playing well.

Upgrading at the 2 most important positions (C and PG) is at least a 10 win value. If Rondo and Bradley regain their form and chemistry, they're good enough to carry a cast of role players to the 8th seed. Unlike the playoffs, the regular season is dominated by strong guard play.. and this back court is is 4 deep.
Not to mention, its not crazy to think each role player actually got better and Brad is slowly molding this team into his image.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens