Stays in  Miami
5 (33.3%)
Returns 'home" to Cleveland.
10 (66.7%)
Elsewhere
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: July 11, 2014, 05:59:11 PM

Author Topic: POLL: Where does LeBron end up?  (Read 1125 times)

POLL: Where does LeBron end up?
« on: July 09, 2014, 05:59:11 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Personally I think he will end up back in Miami. I think James is using the logical (as it appears to Riley) return to his "home" (to make up for screwing Cleveland before) to squeeze Riley as much as he can.

Then I think he does what he intended in the first place: keep the cHeat together.

I have no love for Wade. However, he opted out of a huge (was it $20 million?) contract to keep the team together. This was a concerted effort by all 3, no doubt orchestrated by Riley, to keep them together. Hard to see it not happening.

Either way, king james (lower case intentional) looks like and is a scum:

1.If he dumps the Cavs and the fans of Cleveland again, using them to squeeze Riley, he's a scum, despite his inevitable denials that Cleveland was never in the running as HE (upper case sarcastically intentional) personally never specifically mentioned them as a possibility.

With that, he gets the personal satisfaction bonus of having Gilbert take down that caustic scathing letter about disloyalty on the Cavs website and turning around and screwing him.

2. If he goes to the Cavs, he porks his good buddy Wade, who gave up a huge chunk of $20 million, because Wade relied on their concerted decision to all opt out.

I say he goes back to the cHeat.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 08:58:42 PM by csfansince60s »

Re: Where does LeBron end up?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 06:02:29 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
it's an iffy one for me

ultimately I side with him staying in Miami

while CLE may have a plan on getting Love after LeBron, but if he wants another chip I think MIA is the way to do it

besides a deteriorating Wade, he still has Bosh, and they still steamrolled their way to the Finals...the East is weak...why not replicate that again?

they just signed Granger (shell of himself) and McRoberts as a sign to tell them they want him to stay

That bench is still much better than Cleveland's bench by far if they can also retain Ray Allen and Birdman

Re: POLL: Where does LeBron end up?
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 06:06:05 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Cleveland.

Re: Where does LeBron end up?
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 06:11:37 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
it's an iffy one for me

ultimately I side with him staying in Miami

while CLE may have a plan on getting Love after LeBron, but if he wants another chip I think MIA is the way to do it

besides a deteriorating Wade, he still has Bosh, and they still steamrolled their way to the Finals...the East is weak...why not replicate that again?

they just signed Granger (shell of himself) and McRoberts as a sign to tell them they want him to stay

That bench is still much better than Cleveland's bench by far if they can also retain Ray Allen and Birdman

I agree, and the fact that Riley maneuvered in the draft to get Napier, a james favorite who I think is NBA ready and will contribute more than most think this year and is a far more clutch scorer than Cole/Chalmers, further enhances your point.

TP.

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 06:18:47 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
This from CelticsHub Brian Robb:

[quote
Brian Robb‏@CelticsHub  ?
How mad will Celtics be if they lose out on Love by giving Cavs cap space via today's trade to sign Lebron (leading to CLE trade for Love)?

 [/quote]

I think the MORE interesting question will be : How mad will Gilbert and the Cavs fans be when they realize they were used for leverage by James when he returns to the cHeat and that they gave away assets to clear space to sign james for nothing? Now THAT is a fascinating question.

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 06:58:59 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible

[quote
Brian Robb?@CelticsHub
How mad will Celtics be if they lose out on Love by giving Cavs cap space via today's trade to sign Lebron (leading to CLE trade for Love)?

I think the MORE interesting question will be : How mad will Gilbert and the Cavs fans be when they realize they were used for leverage by James when he returns to the cHeat and that they gave away assets to clear space to sign james for nothing? Now THAT is a fascinating question.

Not that mad. They can still sign Parsons, keep Wiggins. Still have Irving. Great future.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 07:24:54 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

[quote
Brian Robb?@CelticsHub

Not that mad. They can still sign Parsons, keep Wiggins. Still have Irving. Great future.

I was referring more to them being played again  by james and how that would feel.

Also, cross Parsons off the list. Yah, Cleveland will be a real free agent magnet sans james.