Author Topic: My pitch to Bron today if I'm Pat Riley...  (Read 5524 times)

Re: My pitch to Bron today if I'm Pat Riley...
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2014, 04:53:33 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75

They have just enough money after the trade to give Lebron his max (about 21 mil). Love will have to come from a trade, but very easy to get if they trade a combo of Wiggins, Bennet, Thompson (makes sense from a basketball perspective and works money wise)

so then Flip Saunders is actually 'flip' flopping on what he wants to do - first he says he wants youth and picks, next he says he wants vets - what is it Flip???

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2014, 07:00:57 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible

They have just enough money after the trade to give Lebron his max (about 21 mil). Love will have to come from a trade, but very easy to get if they trade a combo of Wiggins, Bennet, Thompson (makes sense from a basketball perspective and works money wise)

so then Flip Saunders is actually 'flip' flopping on what he wants to do - first he says he wants youth and picks, next he says he wants vets - what is it Flip???

Not sure if I understand your comment. Seems pretty consistent for me.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2014, 07:18:28 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
The Cavs expressed to Paul  that, after their discussions with the Timberwolves, doing a deal "would not be easy," according to one source.

That source also expressed that the Cavs were reluctant to include No. 1 overall draft pick Andrew Wiggins in any potential deal.

http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/sources-cleveland-cavaliers-kevin-love-trade-lebron-james-minnesota-timberwolves-070914

Flip really playing hard to get huh.
Look... if Flip doesn't take Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love, he's a Grade-A Moron well beyond a level we previously thought possible.

There's no way he passes up on the Cavs offer if Wiggins + filler is on the table.  If Bron goes to the Cavs, this is happening.  Nobody is beating Cleveland's offer.

the article is saying that Wiggins is NOT on the table
I call BS on the article.  Cavs might say Wiggins isn't on the table, because they don't yet have LeBron locked in and they don't want to risk losing Love after a year.   But if they have LeBron,  Love will commit to an extension and Wiggins is gone.  There's a reason why Wiggins hasn't signed his contract yet, folks.

And even if they didn't include him... Bennett/Thompson/Waiters beats our package.

Starting to think the best-case scenario is seeing LeBron/Wade/Bosh all stick in Miami.   Cavs no longer would be a viable option for Love... we got some extra assets out of them... and we might be able to work out a trade for Love and a sign-and-trade for Melo.
article didn't actually say Wiggins was NOT on the table only that Cleveland was reluctant to give him up (not that they wouldn't).  If they are giving up Wiggins then they aren't going to take back crap contracts from Minnesota though, which is where that all gets interesting.
they have 40 mil in cap space...
No they don't. They had to trade Jack to open up 24 million to be in a position to acquire LeBron.
You're right... it's not 40 mil.  It looks like after giving LeBron his 21 mil, they'll have a remaining 8.5 mil in cap space.  So they can absorb some of Kevin Love's salary and make up the rest by including some combo of Bennett, Waiters, Thompson along with Wiggins.    If the Wolves insist on them taking back Kevin Martin, it will not be a problem.   Wiggins + Bennett + Waiters + Thompson for Kevin Love and Kevin Martin works.  They can keep Anderson V in this scenario.