Poll

What grade would you give Ainge and the Celtics for this trade?

A
B
C
D
F

Author Topic: Boston getting Tyler Zeller and 1st rounder from Cavs and Thorton from Nets  (Read 42407 times)

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Did not read all posts, but Zeller is a steal. Has been had for nothing, and despite my being biased as a 'Heels fan, he's young, solid, hard working, very smart, and comes at an amazing price. Home run here.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Did not read all posts, but Zeller is a steal. Has been had for nothing, and despite my being biased as a 'Heels fan, he's young, solid, hard working, very smart, and comes at an amazing price. Home run here.

You will be proven to be CORRECT....I like Zeller a lot---I would see him play, and wonder why we couldn't get a player like him...now we do---for Free.  :)
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
I was always envious of the teams that drafted the Zeller brothers; Cody, Tyler - all good players; Now we have Tyler, I hope everything pans out for him with us.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
So after LeBron announces he's staying in Miami tomorrow we basically just pulled a five finger discount on Thornton/Zeller/and a first? And we'd still have our shot at Love?

Danny is genius.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
If LeBron does pick the Heat then this pick will probably end up between 15-20. Too much talent not to eventually get the 8th seed. If LeBron goes to Cleveland this is the 28th pick in the draft.

Still a great trade especially if Boston picks up Love or another star during the season. Good job.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
So after LeBron announces he's staying in Miami tomorrow we basically just pulled a five finger discount on Thornton/Zeller/and a first? And we'd still have our shot at Love?

Better buy some kleenex.

Re: Boston getting Tyler Zeller and 1st rounder from Cavs and Thorton from Nets
« Reply #321 on: February 09, 2017, 01:38:29 AM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
Gosh how negative was people on this dAy. This is what got us our all star point guard.

« Reply #322 on: February 09, 2017, 01:42:56 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Gosh how negative was people on this dAy. This is what got us our all star point guard.

This is a 5 star thread bump. TP

« Reply #323 on: February 09, 2017, 03:17:17 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

This is the trade that got us Zeller. And the reactions from the community were quite positive- I only had time to skimm throught the comments but most seemed happy we got a big and a first for a trade exception

Nobody knew the Cavs 1st would be used for IT seven months later.

Bumping past threads for discussion is great. But please do not use them to make other users look bad.