Author Topic: Danny is lost  (Read 18636 times)

Re: Danny is lost
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2014, 04:38:01 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
So lost he turned the rotting corpses of two aging allstars into 4 first round picks after todays Cavs trade.

« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2014, 04:59:45 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Some of the moves Ainge could of done by now imo:

- Trade Green and Bass for a 1st and expiring contracts/propects
- Use the 1st to obtain Asik (create the space somehow or it should of been done last season)
- Trade a future 1st , 2nd pick, 2014 6th pick, salary match for Afflalo and the 2014 4th pick
- Trade Rondo to the Kings for the 8th pick and Mclemore

The lineup then would of looked like

Asik
KO/Sully
Afflalo
Mclemore
Exum (4th pick)

Bench
James Young (17th pick)
etc.

Saric (8th pick) draft and stash

Would you rather have this lineup above that is ready to make the playoffs and has a bright future ahead or the one today which is ready for tank part 2??

Ainge also stated to the Celtics fans after last season was over to get ready for some fireworks (sounds like adding vets, get ready to make the playoffs next season).  Then around draft time he tones it down and says "we'd like to be a relevant team next year, but you can't force it". While Asik , Afflalo are being traded for low value

That team wouldn't make the playoffs in a 9 team conference.  It would be bad.  No real post game and other than Afflalo no real scorers.  Mclemore had a terrible first year.  You don't pick up Asik if you're starting that lineup because that lineup would be bad and headed to the lottery again.  Plus you've traded your best asset and no true really good player would sign with you next year so you've basically created a team that will be losing for several years.   

« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2014, 05:00:43 PM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
I'm glad I am not the person that started this thread. Danny Ainge is one of the smartest and top execs in the league and he proved that again today. Look what he got for absolutely nothing.

« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2014, 05:44:10 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I'm really happy with the way the rebuild is going down. The C's have an embarrassment of upcoming draft picks and had 2 1st rounders in a loaded draft this year. I liked the KO pick (even though I also like Dieng), the Sully pick and Bradley pick in recent drafts. Sure, Fab looks like a big whiff and Giddens definitely was. He isn't perfect . . . and he may be "lost" at times. But over and over he makes smart moves and has us teed up for tons of good things if he uses these picks wisely.

We have plenty of talent on this team right now with much more to come in the future. Rondo, Smart, Bradley, Young, Green, KO, Sully, Zeller are 8 solid young players already on the roster. Thornton's expiring, Bass' expiring, Bogan's non-guaranteed, Hump s&t potential and ridiculous amounts of picks have us set up incredibly well to be healthy over the long haul. Let's get lost amidst the accumulated talent and assets.

« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2014, 05:47:11 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I'm really happy with the way the rebuild is going down. The C's have an embarrassment of upcoming draft picks and had 2 1st rounders in a loaded draft this year. I liked the KO pick (even though I also like Dieng), the Sully pick and Bradley pick in recent drafts. Sure, Fab looks like a big whiff and Giddens definitely was. He isn't perfect . . . and he may be "lost" at times. But over and over he makes smart moves and has us teed up for tons of good things if he uses these picks wisely.

We have plenty of talent on this team right now with much more to come in the future. Rondo, Smart, Bradley, Young, Green, KO, Sully, Zeller are 8 solid young players already on the roster. Thornton's expiring, Bass' expiring, Bogan's non-guaranteed, Hump s&t potential and ridiculous amounts of picks have us set up incredibly well to be healthy over the long haul. Let's get lost amidst the accumulated talent and assets.

yea, I agree...that is a boatload of 1st round draft picks...I am excited to see what we are doing with them

« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2014, 05:59:06 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

yea, I agree...that is a boatload of 1st round draft picks...I am excited to see what we are doing with them

They are assets and at some point in time he will trade the assets to get a player or 2 to build around...

« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2014, 07:45:15 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Anybody who thinks a rebuild takes one year is LOST.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2014, 07:45:34 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
So lost he turned the rotting corpses of two aging allstars into 4 first round picks after todays Cavs trade.

not bad eh???
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2014, 07:51:51 PM »

Offline sammy33773377

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 4
During a rebuild Ainge's plan is actually simple.

1. Improve the team's talent in trades, draft, free agency when the opportunity is there.
2. Acquire assets to help with future deals (picks, players).
3. Develop the talent on the team.

He has been upfront about this. A rebuild rarely happens quickly.

A proper rebuild is not still having 2 or 3 class b players on the team. Bc you are stuck in no mans land . Just good enough to be the 6th or 7th worse team in the league. This trade doesnt mean anything if danny cant flip the assets to actually improve the team.  I hope he can and will be aggressive

year 1 in the rebuild plan is just done...

don't be impatient...rebuilds usually take a few years with the first 2 or 3 years sucking very badly...

give it time

Ppl keep saying the word rebuild yet danny sounded like at the end of last season it is not going to be .

If we got asik and afflalo would this be still be considered a rebuild??

Other teams like the 76ers are not drafting payton to crowed the pg position. They already have MCW and got a draft and stash player in saric. The gm to me has a plan in how he wants his team to look like in 2 or 3 years.

Whats is danny doing?? Lets draft smart, young, overpay for AB.  Ask thomas if he wants to sign. Ask bazemore to come.

So basically all of you guards can kill each other for playing time while little to nothing is getting resolved elsewhere??

Im not happy with what is happening currently. Doesnt mean danny cant make things better but im not optimistic about it

Again, you seem fixated on the 76ers. Again, go back and look at the team over the last few years. They got to where they were by being bad for a long time. We're in year one and you want the team turned around and playoff caliber now.

As far as him talking to Thomas and Bazemore, I highly doubt his plan was to get 8 guards. It called keeping your options open. If he were to sign one, it would be because someone else got traded. You can argue that AB was overpaid, but look at some of the other deals out there and I'd say it's on par with what other people are getting paid.

Lastly, Asik and Afflalo aren't the magical fixes to turn us into a championship team. They make us marginally better. Those teams got offers they liked better, so they went in that direction. That's fine, there's still plenty of time left in the summer for more deals to happen.

Being unhappy at the one year point of a team in a rebuild (there's that dirty word again) is just being impatient and unrealistic. Of course he's going to pursue ways to speed it up, but if that doesn't work, he's continuing to grab 1st round picks and set up for actual cap space next summer as well. Bottom line, it's early and this a marathon, not a sprint.

« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2014, 07:53:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Looks like about three more years of serious tanking

« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2014, 08:27:56 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Looks like about three more years of serious tanking

I hope not. Me, I'm just going to watch this season with an open mind. We'll see what we have come December.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2014, 08:31:05 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's ironic the only reason people are dissing DA over this rebuild possibly lasting more than a year is because they expect it to only take a year because of DA's masterful trades in 07.  It's just a joke to be attacking him right now between 07, last year's PP KG trade and today's trade DA has been killing it

« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2014, 08:32:24 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you mean "TANK you"?

« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2014, 08:47:19 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

But, but, but....it's still not good enough because Daryl Morey would have gotten five picks and an athletic tweener!!!!
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2014, 09:30:46 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
I think what DA ultimately has in mind is to create San Antonio East in the guise of the Boston Celtics.