Author Topic: Carlos Boozer?  (Read 4328 times)

Re: Carlos Boozer?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 12:39:12 AM »

Offline budMovin

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26
A team that is rebuilding does not go out and give huge money (He wont take a cut as stated X amount of times) to a soon to be 33 year old player who is clearly on the decline.
"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
                 -Gladiator

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 03:12:04 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Not for a few years but I would consider him for one year since Celtics have no center and look unlikely to be able to acquire any center of any notable quality. So I would be happy to have Boozer for a year as starting center if Celtics could pick him up on amnesty waiver wire if Chicago do use amnesty on him. I think his contract is too expensive for any trade scenario to work out for both teams so amnesty is probably only way Boozer to Cs happens.
Boozers not a Center... Hes another undersized big man  who would eat up minutes from Sully and KO

Yeah, Boozer is no center but it doesn't look like any center is coming in.

So bring in Boozer and let him play there so Sully and Olynyk can move back to PF.

I'd much rather have a quality center (or even a passable center) but the Celtics have none and do not look like they are going to be able to get one. Boozer, out of position at center spot, is still better at that position than 3rd string centers.

Might as well keep playing Sully and/or Olynyk at center in that case since Boozer would be similarly effective.

Sully is at pretty much the same level as Boozer is nowadays.

2 Sullys is a good thing in my book. Two Sullys is certainly better than Sully + Humphries (Jordan Hill) or Sully + J.Anthony (or some other 3rd string center).

Boozer at center is a bad option. It is just a better bad option than the other bad options (Jordan Hill or 3rd string centers) Ainge looks likely to end up with it.

As a temporary signing - a one year stopgap (since nobody better is on the table) - I am good with that.

Hmm...I think not.   

Hump is a better player than Sully right now, and he's certainly a better player than Boozer.

The only thing Sully really has over hump is upside due to his youth,  and even that is debatable unless he actually gets his butt in shape.

I'd rather bring hump back and play him at center rather than sign Boozer.

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 08:40:57 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I don't really want either Hump or Boozer at center. I'd rather bring in a young shot-blocking type and give him and Vitor the time to play, ahead of third-stringer Anthony. Also, I expect to see some of Sully and KO playing together--if they are both still here.

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 10:05:32 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Boozer is just a terrible pickup for a rebuilding team.  He would take minutes from young guys isn't the same offensive player he once was and is a very poor defender.  There's a reason why nobody in basketball is willing to take on his salary....