Author Topic: Carlos Boozer?  (Read 4326 times)

Carlos Boozer?
« on: July 08, 2014, 05:46:45 PM »

Offline Tysonmurray

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
If we can get him for cheap would anyone want to sign for a few years in Boston?

Re: Carlos Boozer?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 06:16:30 PM »

Offline DinoGanga

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 31
I wish we could have gotten McGary instead of young
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Washington Wizards

PG: Darren Collison / Elfrid Payton / Tim Frazier
SG: Avery Bradley / Seth Curry
SF: Jae Crowder / Shaun Kilpatrick / Marcus Thornton
PF: LeBron James / Derrick Williams / JJ Hickson
C: Jusuf Nurkic / Meyers Leonard / Nikola Pekovic

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 06:20:06 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Not for a few years but I would consider him for one year since Celtics have no center and look unlikely to be able to acquire any center of any notable quality. So I would be happy to have Boozer for a year as starting center if Celtics could pick him up on amnesty waiver wire if Chicago do use amnesty on him. I think his contract is too expensive for any trade scenario to work out for both teams so amnesty is probably only way Boozer to Cs happens.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 06:28:03 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
Not for a few years but I would consider him for one year since Celtics have no center and look unlikely to be able to acquire any center of any notable quality. So I would be happy to have Boozer for a year as starting center if Celtics could pick him up on amnesty waiver wire if Chicago do use amnesty on him. I think his contract is too expensive for any trade scenario to work out for both teams so amnesty is probably only way Boozer to Cs happens.
Boozers not a Center... Hes another undersized big man  who would eat up minutes from Sully and KO

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 06:30:47 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I wish we could have gotten McGary instead of young

I was hoping for McGary, too, but not at the expense of James Young.  McGary is doing pretty well in the summer league, not that that should come as a surprise.  I figured that, because of his injury history and off court issues, he'd at least fall to the 2nd round, where I was hoping that Ainge could buy a pick to get him or someone else, like KJ Mcdaniels.  Sigh.

As for Boozer, no.  How would he fit here?  He plays no defense, and we could have the next version of him already in Jared Sullinger.  Why would he want to come here, anyway?  It's Boston - no one ever signs with us :(  He doesn't fit, nor would he want to be a part of, a rebuilding situation.  I can see him landing with a contender, though.  Hey, maybe, if Lebron goes back to Cleveland and Boozer gets amnestied, they'll reunite.  Or perhaps he'll end up in south beach with Lebron, Melo, and Wade.  Who knows?

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 06:32:56 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

How about this three-way trade:

To Boston:
Carlos Boozer, some draft compensation, presumably a first (or McDermott)

From Boston:
Brandon Bass
Keith Bogans

To Chicago:
Brandon Bass, Keith Bogans, Paul Pierce (S&T for $8.91 million in year 1 -- the most he can make in this scenario)

From Chicago:
Carlos Boozer, draft compensation

To Brooklyn:
Draft compensation (presumably a 2nd round pick or 2)

From Brookyln:
Paul Pierce (S&T)

We get Boozer and the compensation for taking on his salary.  Bulls get Bass to replace most of Boozer's work at much less the cost, Pierce, and preserve the MLE (instead of gaining cap room by amnestying Boozer).  Nets get something for Pierce, but don't have to take on any salary commitments (which appears to be their objection to a sign-and-trade with the Clippers).

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 06:45:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Boozer is old

In some ways I don't think he is good as Bass ..TODAY.....

His main time has come and gone .

He is a drag

Or Chicagp would keep him.....if he was worth keeping....and they aren't rebuilding...so why would we want his lame tail on our already swamped with role players team....pray tell

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 06:54:30 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Boozers not a Center... Hes another undersized big man  who would eat up minutes from Sully and KO

Yeah, Boozer is no center but it doesn't look like any center is coming in.

So bring in Boozer and let him play there so Sully and Olynyk can move back to PF.

I'd much rather have a quality center (or even a passable center) but the Celtics have none and do not look like they are going to be able to get one. Boozer, out of position at center spot, is still better at that position than 3rd string centers.

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 07:50:39 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

So bring in Boozer and let him play there so Sully and Olynyk can move back to PF.

I'd much rather have a quality center (or even a passable center) but the Celtics have none and do not look like they are going to be able to get one. Boozer, out of position at center spot, is still better at that position than 3rd string centers.

Might as well keep playing Sully and/or Olynyk at center in that case since Boozer would be similarly effective.

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 08:21:14 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

Might as well keep playing Sully and/or Olynyk at center in that case since Boozer would be similarly effective.

Sully is at pretty much the same level as Boozer is nowadays.

2 Sullys is a good thing in my book. Two Sullys is certainly better than Sully + Humphries (Jordan Hill) or Sully + J.Anthony (or some other 3rd string center).

Boozer at center is a bad option. It is just a better bad option than the other bad options (Jordan Hill or 3rd string centers) Ainge looks likely to end up with it.

As a temporary signing - a one year stopgap (since nobody better is on the table) - I am good with that.

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 08:31:01 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Why would we want Boozer at this point?  He plays a position that we have a logjam at.  He is old, and he isn't a rim protector.  We have 3 players on our team right now that can be just as effective as boozer - Bass, Sully and KO.  I can't think of one single reason that DA would do this.  I definitely don't want to have more veterans taking up Sully and KO minutes this season.  1000 times no!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 08:36:07 PM by blink »

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 09:26:25 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
What is the fascination with older guys past their prime on this board.

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 09:36:14 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
no
wait…no
boozer was a good offensive pf who would get rebounds, always been poor defender or never gave the effort
I think bass is a more complete player at this point

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 09:38:27 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
for what? to win games while we tank for assets?

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 12:30:35 AM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
No. He won't take a huge paycut, he will just eat the minutes given to Sully.