Author Topic: My prediction 2014 will be a lame duck season (with trade ideas)  (Read 2786 times)

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I am predicting that this off-season will leave no Celtics fans completely satisfied and DA is in the right by doing so. I have been on the dramatic change for 14-15 band wagon ever since PP and KG where traded. There are two poles to this. One side is a youth rebuild (ala 76ers) the other side a gather and trade approach (like Cs did for KG and Ray). I think DA is going to sit in the middle for one more year and let a Rondo lead FA summer dramatically play out with the end goal being the retention of Rondo, S&T acquisition of Love (if he cant pull something off at trade deadline) and the acquisition of one of the FA centers (M Gasol, D Jordon, O Asik).

With that said here are the moves I would like to see/ could see happening in the next few weeks.

Trades:

TPE for Perk and 2 2nds ( this could be a $ clearing trade that brings P Gasol or PP to OKC)

Bass or S&T Hump for Biyombo ( Hornets need McRoberts replacement and want more playoffs)

Bogans gets his 2014 option picked up so that his contract can be retained as a trade-able asset

When the dust settles on the summer the Cs will be a better balanced team with their acquisitions of true centers but still a relative non factor in the east.

2014-2015 opening day 15 man roster

PG Rondo, Smart, Pressey
SG AB, Young, Berten/Edwards (from summer league)
SF Green, Wallace, Johnson
PF Sully, KO
C  Perk, Biyombo, Fav, Anthony

I would expect a consistent 9 man rotation with Smart and KO being the first guys off the bench and Wallace and Biyombo getting ever game minutes. Perk will start but will play less then 25 min and sully around 30 leaving nearly 30 min for KO and a solid 14-16 each night for Biyombo. With the guards I would expect a heavy 3 guard rotation with smart and AB playing around 30 min and RR 35. I also wouldn't be shocked to see some really small ball with all three on the court together in a heavy pressure set. Young I think will get some time in blowouts but will also spend time in D-League. 

This team will likely be lottery bound but will do so while playing good basketball. Offence will not come easy but they should be an excellent defensive team. If Sully, KO or Smart surprise with their production then this team could sneak into the playoffs. Barring a mid season Love trade next off-season is where the fire works will happen. The draft will be center heavy and the Cs will have at least 2 first and either a 76ers surprise first or an early 2nd. Along with draft assets they will still have bogans deal and a bunch of young prospects to go along with cap space.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 09:02:58 AM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: My prediction 2014 will be a lame duck season (with trade ideas)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 02:05:33 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
I could live with this for a year.. If they try they might have a chance at a 7 or 8 seed..

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 02:24:44 PM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
I agree with you as far as 2014 will be a lame duck season.
However Perkins trade is not a good idea.
Bogans option should not be picked up. The celtics owners are not the Nets owner they will not pay a useless player for one more year just that they can trade him in a year.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 02:34:52 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The Lame duck will be much lamer with Perk.

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 04:43:41 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I've been reading Philly is willing to take on some contracts as long as they something with it like a Pick or young player.

How come I'm not hearing about us sending Wallace? What would we have to give up for them to take him? Would their picks we own and the Clippers pick work?

I'm just not hearing enough creativity right now. :'(

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 04:58:04 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
I could live with this for a year.. If they try they might have a chance at a 7 or 8 seed..
What is the point in that?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 04:58:09 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I'm fine with one more season, why? beside Love, there isn't much HIGH impact players

2015 looks to be a great summer imo, If Love doesn't get traded this season...besides him

Gasol/DeAndre Jordon

cap experts - how much cap space we have next summer?

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 06:22:52 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
What is the point in that?
The point in that is i dont wanna be headed back to the lottery every year and id rather be competitive... Give the young guys some experience for future playoff runs... And for all those talking about getting Love or Gasol in FA next year, the celtics become much more attractive if they made the playoffs than if theyre counting downs for the draft...

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 06:24:46 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
I'm fine with one more season, why? beside Love, there isn't much HIGH impact players

2015 looks to be a great summer imo, If Love doesn't get traded this season...besides him

Gasol/DeAndre Jordon

cap experts - how much cap space we have next summer?
Depends, if Wallace is traded and Green opts out we would have plenty of cap room to sign more than one star especially with Bass off the books as well...

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 06:49:37 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
The day we get rid of Wallace

Well......it will be a banner day

I don't see squat happening till his tail is out the door along with his moron contract expense

He is our cross to bare.....the stupid Nets

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 08:02:29 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
He is our cross to bare.....the stupid Nets

Do you want to go back in time and undo the Nets trade?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference