Author Topic: Why isn't Sullinger playing in Summer League?  (Read 8070 times)

Re: Why isn't Sullinger playing in Summer League?
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2014, 02:14:49 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I don't mean to come across as an apologist for Sully, just pointing out that being hurt really messes with your ability to stay in shape.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2014, 02:21:20 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I don't mean to come across as an apologist for Sully, just pointing out that being hurt really messes with your ability to stay in shape.
Contrary to popular opinion, staying in shape is more about how you eat, and less about how many pounds you can bench press.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2014, 02:22:14 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Contrary to popular opinion, staying in shape is more about how you eat, and less about how many pounds you can bench press.

Which goes back to my point about being big and healthy vs. big and fat.

So now we've come full circle.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2014, 02:27:28 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Which goes back to my point about being big and healthy vs. big and fat.

So now we've come full circle.
Not sure about the first circle, since I don't particularly believe that the "best shape possible after an injury" is dramatically different.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2014, 03:03:25 PM »

Offline Celtsfan92

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 11
The answer is simple.

There is no rule preventing an older player from participating in Summer League. It has nothing to do with Sully's weight, back, or conditioning. He was practicing with the Summer League squad all last week. It doesn't have anything to do with not needing to prove himself either.

Silly wanted to play. He asked to get reps with his younger teammates. That's why he was allowed to practice with them. As far as games, the Celtics simply said no. They wanted to give the minutes to guys like Smart and Moser and Iverson to see what they've got, and guys with non guaranteed contracts for next season like Pressey, Babb, and Johnson. They could let Jared dominate SL, or they could see what everyone else has got. That's all. They just said no.

Speculate if you will about anything that's been brought up in the previous 4 pages, but that's really all there is to it.

« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2014, 03:23:11 PM »

Offline thedawg

• Brad Stevens
I don't think 3rd year players are allowed..? Think it's just for rookies and 2nd year players...at least it used to be.
I thought I seen some guys who've been around longer than a couple years but maybe you're right

Derrick Williams is set to play for Sacramento and he is in his 4th year so there goes that theory.
In Danny Ainge I Trust!

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2014, 04:17:24 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
instead of picking the guy apart and trying to find fault with everything these players do why don't we give Sully the benefit of the doubt and see if he comes out this year in the shape he said he would!!!  3 months is plenty of time to be game ready.

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2014, 04:30:51 PM »

Offline thedawg

• Brad Stevens
instead of picking the guy apart and trying to find fault with everything these players do why don't we give Sully the benefit of the doubt and see if he comes out this year in the shape he said he would!!!  3 months is plenty of time to be game ready.

I second that! I am tempted to trade him from my fantasy team and all the negative voices in here are helping me making up my mind. However, he got game......I think.
In Danny Ainge I Trust!