Author Topic: Celts Pacers Idea...  (Read 1217 times)

Celts Pacers Idea...
« on: July 07, 2014, 07:28:17 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
Indy get Rondo and AB
Boston gets Hibbert and Lance
Pretty simple... Rondo is a bit more valuable to us than Hobbert is to them and vice versa with AB and Lance so it balances out... We can always throw in Bass or something
Were left with:
Smart, Pressey
Lance, Young, Bazemore?
Green, Wallace, CJ/That euro guy on our summer league team
Sully, Olynyk, Moser(if Bass is gone)
Hibbert, Hill?, Fav, Iverson

Works for both teams... Huge backcourt upgrade for Indy and we get our go to scorer and a C...

Re: Celts Pacers Idea...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 11:15:04 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Indy get Rondo and AB
Pretty simple... Rondo is a bit more valuable to us than Hobbert is to them and vice versa with AB and Lance so it balances out... We can always throw in Bass or something
Were left with:
Smart, Pressey
Lance, Young, Bazemore?

Works for both teams... Huge backcourt upgrade for Indy and we get our go to scorer and a C...

Rondo is a bit more valuable?  Try a lot more valuable.  Bird REALLY likes Rondo.  The Pacers are unhappy with Hibbert and are quietly looking to move him.  I would think it would be more like Rondo and Bass plus TPE (use the TPE separate to get Lance or Hibbert) for Hill, Hibbert and Lance...

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 11:16:32 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Indy get Rondo and AB
Were left with:
Smart, Pressey
Lance, Young, Bazemore?

Rondo is a bit more valuable?  Try a lot more valuable.  Bird REALLY likes Rondo.  The Pacers are unhappy with Hibbert and are quietly looking to move him.  I would think it would be more like Rondo and Bass plus TPE (use the TPE separate to get Lance or Hibbert) for Hill, Hibbert and Lance...

I'm not sure if you realize that dumping Hill's contract is more of a plus for Indiana than it is for Boston.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 11:20:41 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
See, though, the problem is the salary cap...

Lance will make as much or more than Rondo and Hibbert makes almost twice as much as Bradley. We would need to add considerably more salary for this deal to match.

Personally I don't think Lance and Hibbert will be going anywhere together, but from a talent standpoint, I think you'd do this trade every time.  Lance and Hibbert are much more likely with their skillsets to be a foundation for a championship team than Rondo and Bradley.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 12:01:03 PM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
It's not working numberwise.
Rondo 13M
Bradley 8M

vs.

Hibbert 15M
Stephenson will get at least 10-12M

So 21M vs. 25-27M

Actually you can add Bogans non-guaranted 5M to balance out the trade.

I don't think Indiana would do this though.
Stephenson is way better than Bradley.
Rondo-Hibbert it's a wash.

Rondo for Hibbert or Rondo for Stephenson could work.

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 01:55:21 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Indy get Rondo and AB
Were left with:
Smart, Pressey
Lance, Young, Bazemore?

I'm not sure if you realize that dumping Hill's contract is more of a plus for Indiana than it is for Boston.

No I do realize exactly what Hill does bring along with his salary.  He makes 8 million per year for the next 3 years.  H ealso averages double figure sin scoring and plays a good 3rd guard role...  However, in my mind you aren't getting Hibbert and Lance for that package.  I also realize that at least Hill brings a veteran PG into the picture.  There may be some other players/salaries thrown in there but I don't think they will bring in Rondo unless Hill goes out.  The Celts aren't going to bring in those 2 players from Indy and stick them with Pressey or Smart as their PG.   

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 02:02:19 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Only deal with Pacers I can imagine is

Hill, Scola, Stephenson and a 1st

for

Rondo and Wallace

Pacers won't get rid of Hibbert nor should they his stock is low.