Author Topic: Bosh "seriously considering" Rockets after speaking with Lebron. Heat imploding?  (Read 10945 times)

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
Howard and Bosh are a lethal tandem - thanks mostly to Bosh's shooting. There won't be anything the league can do against that inside game. And then there's James Harden creating and shooting a bazillion three pointers.  If Bosh goes to Houston they are the title favorite - wherever James goes.

No, they are not.
San Antonio, Lebron's team (probably Miami), OKC are the title favourites.
Houston can't even beat Portland with home court advantage. Bosh does not make such big difference.

Let's go through the contender list:

I think we have to agree that, in all cases, scoring is not going to be a huge problem for the Rockets (who lead the league in points last year, and field goals: http://stats.nba.com/leagueTeamGeneral.html?pageNo=1&rowsPerPage=16&sortField=PTS&sortOrder=DES). The issue is whether the three teams you reference will be able to score.

(1). Miami: James, Wade, McBob and Danny Granger (Lebron and the also-rans). This team couldn't get it going last year WITH an elite big man, why would replacing Bosh with McRoberts make them a favorite? Wade will be a year older - and Danny Granger is simply not an elite offensive player. Battier is retiring, and they too have PG issues.

(2). San Antonio was great last year. But with Howard and Bosh on the block, I think Duncan is going to have more trouble getting his shots. And let's be real: it starts with Duncan. Without him going, San Antonio is going to have to depend a lot on Tony Parker. Can Houston get a cheap, talented defensive minded point guard? (Or do they have one? http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3964/patrick-beverley). I don't think Ginobli, or Kawhi Leonard are going to be able to do it alone - notwithstanding Harden's embarrassingly huge defensive deficiencies. (Jones is a decent two way player).

(3). OKC? Durant is a good player, but he's going to be looking at real rim protection, so will Westbrook. Whatever part of their game relies on interior scoring (hey Serge!) is going to have to be re-jiggered. Do the Thunder have the three point shooters to beat Houston? They are a good three point shooting team - but they aren't elite. And with Jones (to guard Durant) and Beverly (to guard Westbrook) who is going to take those shots? Not Ibaka (although Ibaka, defensively, would NEED to be on the floor). If you were Scott Brooks -  would you play Reggie Jackson alongside Westbook? Who would guard Harden then.

You see what I mean? They would be a very tough Matchup.

1. You conveniently left out Melo from the equation
2. You seriously underestimating the Spurs players besides Duncan.
3. They have the personel to win it all. The question is Scott Brookes. Will he figure out an offense, which not just isos?

Yeah, on paper that Houston lineup looks good. However Bosh is not the difference. The difference would be Howard starting to play like the best center in the game, and learn how to shoot free throws.
People always want the next best thing. Who will be the next great team mindset what you have. The reality is an other thing. BTW It's fun to envision the Houston Rockets with Bosh, but don't ask me to put my money on them.