Author Topic: Bosh "seriously considering" Rockets after speaking with Lebron. Heat imploding?  (Read 10977 times)

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Meh, even with Bosh the rockets wont win a championship...Spurs could still rout them.

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
On First Take today, Stephan A. Smith said Bosh going to Houston would open the door and real possibility of Carmelo going to Miami. Bosh going to Houston increases the likelihood of Lebron staying in Miami.

I think I'd trust Chris Broussard over Stephen A. Smith when it comes to reporting about Lebron James because Broussard made his mark nationally by sniffing Lebron's jock.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
This would be awesome let Wade rot away through a long rebuild
or just have him go home to Chicago. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
This headline says it all:
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11187137/chris-bosh-seriously-considering-houston-rockets-max-four-year-contract-offer

Sources: Chris Bosh considers offer
By Chris Broussard
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
This would be awesome let Wade rot away through a long rebuild
or just have him go home to Chicago.
I would like that. In fact, I want everyone to go home. I want James back in Ohio and Bosh back in Texas.

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
On First Take today, Stephan A. Smith said Bosh going to Houston would open the door and real possibility of Carmelo going to Miami. Bosh going to Houston increases the likelihood of Lebron staying in Miami.

I think I'd trust Chris Broussard over Stephen A. Smith when it comes to reporting about Lebron James because Broussard made his mark nationally by sniffing Lebron's jock.

I don’t trust someone who thinks Lebron is ready to bolt to Cleveland with the roster it has now.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 04:26:47 PM by alley oop »

Offline Randy

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 4

I don’t trust someone who thinks Lebron is ready to bolt to Cleveland with the roster it has now.

How much better is the Heats roster when bosh leaves?

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
For Bosh's sake, I think he's crazy not to go home to Houston to become the PERFECT final piece (stretch 4) to complete that roster.

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Bosh leaving may mean space for a combination of Monroe/Gasol/Thomas/Ariza if the Heat renounce their players like Chalmers, Birdman, Battier, Beasley and others right?

Noooo. Bosh , stay please!
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Bosh leaving may mean space for a combination of Monroe/Gasol/Thomas/Ariza if the Heat renounce their players like Chalmers, Birdman, Battier, Beasley and others right?

Not for a combination, no, unless LeBron leaves too.  Maybe two of the four at most if Monroe isn't one of the four.

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38

Not for a combination, no, unless LeBron leaves too.  Maybe two of the four at most if Monroe isn't one of the four.

20 M for Lebron, 12-15 M for Wade, 7M for Granger and McRob, 3M for Cole and Napier, 2-3M for empty roster spots = 16-19M in cap space. Gasol and Thomas, for example, may go for 8-9M each. Or Riley can convince Gasol, Thomas and Ariza to take 6M each? I hope not. Those three  combined are better than Bosh. Monroe plus another solid 2-3M pickup is also better than Bosh IMO
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I'd hate to see Bosh go to Houston. Another team that will misuse him.

Bosh needs to play with an inside-outside threat or solely a perimeter threat but not someone who is solely an interior player like Dwight Howard is. Bosh will not have a large impact in Houston because Bosh and Dwight are not good for one another. Still, a good addition who will improve their team but not the star level impact Houston will be hoping for.

Who would be a good compliment to Bosh?

Power forwards. Bosh works very well as C alongside almost all PFs. The ones with more quickness and skill the better.

If must have a center alongside Bosh, then an inside-outside one like Marc Gasol or Tim Duncan. Or a PF/C like Garnett, Pau Gasol, Aldridge. Lesser option again is a more limited scorer but good high post passer like Joakim Noah.

Worst options are ones that hang around in the paint all game long and turn Bosh strictly into a jump-shooter (as he has become over last few years in Miami). Also troubling are slow footed players that decrease team speed but that isn't an issue with Dwight. Say a Roy Hibbert type.

Miami did not have that type of center and his game disintegrated to the outside guy anyway, so not sure I understand your concern. Bosh has never played on a team with a dominant interior center, it might make his game better.  He has become a good 3 point shooter from the corner, and still can take it to the hole facing up.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11187137/chris-bosh-seriously-considering-houston-rockets-max-four-year-contract-offer

By Chris Broussard

Multiple sauces!

Broussard has actually been on the lead with a few stories recently that were subsequently confirmed by WOJ, so I think the Broussard bashing is getting a bit stale.

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

By Chris Broussard

Multiple sauces!

Broussard has actually been on the lead with a few stories recently that were subsequently confirmed by WOJ, so I think the Broussard bashing is getting a bit stale.

Not even bashing Broussard -- That headline is absurd.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.