Author Topic: Pacers (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Summer League Game #2  (Read 25421 times)

Re: Pacers (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Summer League Game #2
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2014, 07:36:01 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Smart and Pressey =  potential disaster result when you play Rondo and Smart together also

The pacers just dared both Pressey and Smart to shoot and they couldn't buy a bucket all night.

Rondo is way way way better than Phil Pressey.  He can still make things happen.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2014, 08:11:07 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The pacers just dared both Pressey and Smart to shoot and they couldn't buy a bucket all night.

I thought that big of theirs, Reed killed us.   Iverson and Olynyk and our bigs were destroyed.   That had just as much if not more than the not shooting.   They imposed their will on us down low with a power game.  He had 5 blocks and this is what a rim protector can do for a team.

Many shots fell short and I think the lads were tired.

About us having an edge.  Sloan played like 40 NBA games last year for Indy.   Pressey had more games played  as did Olynyk.   Johnson and Babb played some too due to the tankage but they look like they belong in Summer League and D league the first too games.   Moser came back to earth.  The Anosuke kid was horrible.   

Marcus and Pressey are not reliable shooters.

It was one game, going to enjoy the " sky is falling" on our guys playing bad that always happens at Celtic Blog.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 08:20:43 PM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2014, 08:18:38 PM »

Offline DraftSmart33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Smart and Pressey =  potential disaster result when you play Rondo and Smart together also

Rondo is way way way better than Phil Pressey.  He can still make things happen.

I'm not really sure what people see in Pressey.  He's confident and tries hard, but for every smart play he makes he forces the ball or struggles with another.  I could have tinted glasses on but I felt like Smart did a better job at the point in both games.  Smart moves the ball, makes the drop pass in pick and roles and steps through doubles.  Pressey dribbles it out like he's freakin' Rondo.  Add in his subpar D and bad shooting and he doesn't have much to offer in my mind...maybe a good attitude?

Interested to here others thoughts...I try not to judge to harshly on young players and Pressey is still a young player.

« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2014, 08:21:23 PM »

Offline DraftSmart33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26

I thought that big of theirs, Reed killed us.   Iverson and Olynyk and our bigs were destroyed.   That had just as much if not more than the not shooting.   They imposed their will on us down low with a power game.

Many shots fell short and I think the lads were tired.

About us having an edge.  Sloan played like 40 NBA games last year for Indy.   Pressey had more games played  as did Olynyk.   Johnson and Babb played some too due to the tankage but they look like they belong in Summer League and D league the first too games.   Moser came back to earth.  The Anosuke kid was horrible.   

Marcus and Pressey are not reliable shooters.

Our bigs were awful...and if you watched the game through the Summer League App on your iPad you had an in game shot chart...it was force to the rack or a three every time.  Hopefully Smart learned some lessons about how much quicker bigs are at the next level...he needs a floater or to shield the ball better.

« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2014, 08:21:44 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Add in his subpar D
  I think his ball pressure was good on the guys bringing the ball up the court, he is just too short to challenge shots on opposing guys.

« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2014, 09:34:42 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
What I saw today....Pressey still can't shoot.  KO still can't guard anyone.  And he totally sucked offensively, almost from the beginning.  That doesn't bother me.  Getting abused defensively by D League talent does.   Smart I wouldn't be concerned about right now.  It's obvious his shooting technique needs work and I wasn't impressed by him playing the 1, but he's just starting out.

No one else who played did anything of note. 

« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2014, 09:42:26 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
What I saw today....Pressey still can't shoot.  KO still can't guard anyone.  And he totally sucked offensively, almost from the beginning.  That doesn't bother me.  Getting abused defensively by D League talent does.   Smart I wouldn't be concerned about right now.  It's obvious his shooting technique needs work and I wasn't impressed by him playing the 1, but he's just starting out.

No one else who played did anything of note.
Well Moser hit a few shots but that's it.  I couldn't believe how bad KO looked. Missing wide open shots, evn close in, terrible defense on Willie Reed, turned the ball over, bad switching on defense...

I hope we see better of Smart soon.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 09:48:20 PM by Surferdad »

« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2014, 10:32:34 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
KO ..was all alone on the court.  Iverson was used and abused and looked like dirt.....

The guards threw up bricks ...everybody was missing free throws

This blow out was not KO s fault......the rest of the team just fell to pieces ....he couldn't bring them back when he is the only person on the court

« Reply #128 on: July 07, 2014, 10:41:52 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
and tomorrow's another day. i dont think pressey, olly, and smart(y) are as bad as their performance today. somedays a team stinks, and this was one of them.

onward and upward to another summer league game. heck, maybe even moser will perk up and play right.

i am not discouraged. it is fun to watch the kids play.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2014, 10:46:15 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Pressy is a good kid who tries hard, but he sucks. I hope he gets cut this year. Besides KO Smart, and Young, who we are keeping regardless of their play in these games, the only player on this summer league roster who I would possibly consider keeping is Moser. Everyone else sucks badly.

« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2014, 10:55:01 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Pressy is a good kid who tries hard, but he sucks. I hope he gets cut this year. Besides KO Smart, and Young, who we are keeping regardless of their play in these games, the only player on this summer league roster who I would possibly consider keeping is Moser. Everyone else sucks badly.
I wouldn't say he sucks.  He's a decent NBA caliber PG who is undersized and unfortunately can't shoot.  His shooting is what's going to determine whether he stays in the league long term.  I can see him as one of those guys who bounces around the league, makes the veteran minimum and has to fight for his spot each year.   Right now whether he sticks with the Celtics or not is probably not in his hands.  It depends on what the rest of the roster's going to look like and how ready Smart and Young are ready to be part of a rotation - assuming of course that both are still here on opening night.  ;)

« Reply #131 on: July 07, 2014, 10:57:01 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I wouldn't say he sucks.  He's a decent NBA caliber PG who is undersized and unfortunately can't shoot.  His shooting is what's going to determine whether he stays in the league long term.  I can see him as one of those guys who bounces around the league, makes the veteran minimum and has to fight for his spot each year.   Right now whether he sticks with the Celtics or not is probably not in his hands.  It depends on what the rest of the roster's going to look like and how ready Smart and Young are ready to be part of a rotation - assuming of course that both are still here on opening night.  ;)

I wouldn't say he sucks.  He's a decent NBA caliber PG who is undersized and unfortunately can't shoot.  His shooting is what's going to determine whether he stays in the league long term.  I can see him as one of those guys who bounces around the league, makes the veteran minimum and has to fight for his spot each year.

I wouldn't say he sucks.  He's a decent NBA caliber PG who is undersized and unfortunately can't shoot.

I wouldn't say he sucks. But he sucks.

I agree.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #132 on: July 07, 2014, 11:12:01 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Man on the main site, they're are really thrashing Smart there.