Author Topic: Rondo/Bass/2015 2nd for Jennings/Monroe (Idea)  (Read 2928 times)

Re: Rondo/Bass/2015 2nd for Jennings/Monroe
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2014, 09:30:03 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Monroe is o e of the worst interior defenders in the NBA. Also Marcus Smart is better than Jennings, in my opinion.

Not to sound rude, but it seems according to a lot of posters on this site, no one in the NBA can seem to play defense (Love, Melo, Monroe, Westbrook, etc)

I am just curious as to which player in the NBA right now is the textbook definition of a good defender, according to CB.
Anyone playing defense on Jennings is a good defender. Holding your opponent to 37% shooting is doing a good job.

That's not really answering the question.

I am not a big Jennings fan nor am I necessarily advocating for the proposed trade (although I do like Monroe.)

I am just saying it seems that of players get criticized for not playing defense, and I am just trying to get a read of who a good defender is.

Admittedly, I am someone who values good offense over good defense so maybe I am not the best judge of talent.

http://www.sloansportsconference.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/The%20Dwight%20Effect%20A%20New%20Ensemble%20of%20Interior%20Defense%20Analytics%20for%20the%20NBA.pdf

i would consider looking at this information and allowing it in my analysis. I really do not mean to sound off as an ignorant "He play no Dfence", but some players just do not  and it is not hard to prove after looking at the numbers and footage. But people can change, and that is called the x factor.
Also today I wrote a post about Larry sanders
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=72287.0

Thats one example of player who plays defense. In my opinion.

I'd be interested in Larry Sanders too.

Re: Rondo/Bass/2015 2nd for Jennings/Monroe (Idea)
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2014, 09:39:07 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Monroe just isn't the center we need .  Hump is just as good playing center .

But Monroe is more center than Fat Sully...... ::)

Not say n much ....

Trade Sully for Monroe .....

We still need a serious center is the point.

Re: Rondo/Bass/2015 2nd for Jennings/Monroe (Idea)
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2014, 10:12:33 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
This could work.

If the Pistons end up resigning Monroe, I also think you could do Rondo/Green for Jennings/Drummond because of the Rondo/Smith connection (Det plays Green at SF, Smith at PF and Monroe at C.)

I think Detroit would be willing to give up Drummond if it meant the Celts taking Jennings of their hands.

I don't think Detroit are giving up drummond for anybody. Jennings is the anti-celtic aswell. Don't want Jennings anywhere near my team.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?