Author Topic: Rondo for Bledsoe revisisted  (Read 1850 times)

Rondo for Bledsoe revisisted
« on: July 06, 2014, 02:26:44 AM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
Ok So I know this got shot down before but I was thinking about the situation in Phoenix and what if they traded for rondo that maybe it would attract melo? If im phoenix I would trade bledsoe for rondo and melo any day. They have came out and said that they want to bring back bledsoe but they also said they would trade for established talent. While this isnt probably going to happen I think its intresting for both teams bledsoe s/t for rondo straight up. we could go into next season looking like bledsoe/smart/green/sullinger/? 

If phoenix did sign melo then Rondo-Dragic-Melo-Gasol?-Len? they would have a chance at putting a really nice team together. For us Bledsoe and smart while neither has a reliable jumpshoy atm they are both young and 2 great defensive forces. I thinik seeing that backcourt defensively would be worth it alone.

What would you guys do if you were both teams?
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

Re: Rondo for Bledsoe revisisted
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 02:42:25 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I personally believe that Smart is going to be better than Bledsoe....so theres no point, unless its a 3 team deal or something like that.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 02:45:16 AM »

Offline cm43sports

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
Originally I was very excited about the idea of Bledsoe in green but recently its soured. I believe Smart will be the point guard and at some point Rondo will be dealt but they shouldn't want Bledsoe to come here. Bledsoe is coming off an injury and is about to be paid big money. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those two of the main reasons that everyone wants to trade Rondo now? If Phoenix wants Rondo then Boston should ask for their pick next year as well as the Lakers pick.

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 03:09:17 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Well, I love Bledsoe as a player (after seeing him play this year, especially on youtube haha), but he's the Leon Powe of point guards.  Okay, perhaps he's not quite that bad, but he's already had two procedures done on the same acl, I believe.  Yikes :o  His jumper is pretty good, but he's not the point guard that Rondo is - but then again, nobody is.  I was thinking about this the other day - say that Danny had bought a 1st rounder before ours in the 2010 draft, or had to traded ours for one at 16 or 17 and had gotten Bledsoe instead of Bradley :o  As a backup for Rondo and Ray?  Holy Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.!  I wonder how much Pat Riley regrets trading that pick away when keeping it and taking Bledsoe could have netted him a team of Bledsoe, Wade, Lebron, and Bosh for starters.  WOW! :o  Defensively - just, WOW!  Phew.  That was too close, haha.

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 03:56:51 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Bledsoe's injury history scares me off. If I was Ainge and the Suns offered me this, I think I'd pass.
- LilRip

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 08:55:01 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If Rondo is moved it will be for a big not a guard, I would bet.   Cupboard is nicely set for guards.  Big man wise it is bare.

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 07:25:51 PM »

Offline kramer197

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
Why would we trade Rondo for Bledsoe straight up? That's like making 75 cents on every dollar you spend...we'd have to get picks/players/both.

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 07:51:54 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Bledsoe's injury history scares me off. If I was Ainge and the Suns offered me this, I think I'd pass.

I agree with this.

I also brought up the Rondo/Bledsoe idea couple days ago, but you're right.

A guard who's already had 2 knee procedures is enough to give me pause.

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 08:35:41 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Makes no sense to me. C's already have a SG and Suns have a PG and he's good.