Author Topic: What free agent we need to get and what I think the celtics should do.  (Read 5709 times)

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
What I think we need to do is sign isaiah Thomas. The celtics really struggled on offense last year and this 23 year old averages 20 points a game. he is undersized so playing with smart will help him. both avery bradley and smart are amazing defenders and are still working on offense this guy gets the pressure off of them and lets them develop. Then I say we trade for Rondo for our rim protector. People say the 2015 draft is loaded with big men so we should get a rental. well big men generally take the longest to develop. then trade bass & green for whatever we can get.
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I'd much rather get Isiah Thomas and keep Rondo, meaning we probably let Pressey go and shift Bradley to almost full-time at SG. Thomas-Rondo-Smart would be an amazing PG trio and Bradley could still make an Impact at the SG position.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we need bigs  or a scorer much more than we need guards.  Thomas may be that scorer though.  A rim protector is badly needed as right now we have zero.

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Isiah Thomas is a scorer and so it would be a win-win if we get Isiah Thomas and probably get a cheap rim protector in the market. That probably means less minutes for Pressey sadly, but Thomas averaged 20 points a game, surely he can score and provide a spark for the offense.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
Isiah Thomas is a scorer and so it would be a win-win if we get Isiah Thomas and probably get a cheap rim protector in the market. That probably means less minutes for Pressey sadly, but Thomas averaged 20 points a game, surely he can score and provide a spark for the offense.
Only interested in Thomas in a S&T for Rondo cuz otherwose wed be too stacked in the backcourt

Rondo-Thomas-Smart-Pressey-AB-Young-hypothetically Bazemore
Thats 6-7 guys who r all gonna need minutes...

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
If team trades for Love I want Anderson / Gasol, and Pierce / Carter basically 2 experienced vets. Vets are big in winning championships.

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I doubt Isaiah Thomas signs with a non-contending team like the Celtics for the MLE.

Celtics should not be players in free agency unless they make a major trade first.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
if we do trade Rondo I'd like us to get more in return than just a rental
Greg

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 408
I think we need to look into Samuel Dalembert, it was mentioned that the knicks were looking to flip him after they traded for him. He's cheap, a competent rim protector, and might be available for just a TPE (might have to throw in a future 2nd rounder). Would be a nice stop gap for this year so everybody could play their natural position.

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I'd much rather get Isiah Thomas and keep Rondo, meaning we probably let Pressey go and shift Bradley to almost full-time at SG. Thomas-Rondo-Smart would be an amazing PG trio and Bradley could still make an Impact at the SG position.
Thomas, Rondo, Smart makes no sense to me.  Three starting point guards and no center.

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I'm hoping the Celtics don't make any signings and line themselves up for a tanking/letting the young guys prove it season.

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
i think the celtics will be heard from very little in FA. But I do think a trade is coming and i hope we get a good haul after big market teams miss getting Carmelo Lebron etc.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I'm hoping the Celtics don't make any signings and line themselves up for a tanking/letting the young guys prove it season.

How about no?

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

How about no?

What's your alternative

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

How about no?

What's your alternative

We don't have to throw in the towel on the upcoming season. Ainge did that last year. I would try to acquire proven players either by trade or free agency(Love, Monroe, Gasol, Bosh, Hayward, Deng) and get back to vying for a championship.

There's different ways in which the Celts can free up cap space and acquire more talent such as using their TPE, dealing their non-guaranteed contracts, amnestying either Wallace or Green, etc.