Author Topic: Really wanted Love...  (Read 6122 times)

Re: Really wanted Love...
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2014, 12:11:03 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I'm not giving up, though I won't be surprised if Love ended anywhere else. I can't believe people are giving up on Sullinger already. I remember two years ago, people were excited that he fell, and now they're declaring him a bust. Unreal.

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2014, 12:16:32 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I'm not giving up, though I won't be surprised if Love ended anywhere else. I can't believe people are giving up on Sullinger already. I remember two years ago, people were excited that he fell, and now they're declaring him a bust. Unreal.

I'm not giving up on Sullinger. I was one of his biggest fans, but his work ethic, come on.... You're 280? Are you serious? What have you been doing these past few months? Last time I checked if you slacked off or didn't do your job, you would be fired. I hope Sullinger proves me wrong. I still remember the day I watched Sullinger score like 20 pts, and 21 or 18 (?) with 4 APG, and broke the record for a Celtic since KG to achieve those numbers. Honestly if Sullinger ever did what Love did, and worked his butt off to lose weight, trim down, and gain some muscle, I can see Sullinger putting up 18/11/3.... I hope he does well. I would love to keep him, but I would LOVE Love over him ANY day!

Monkhouse, maybe we can trade Rondo to the Wolves for Rubio... that way you'd at least get a chance to watch the 48 win Rondo/Love duo do their thing. And maybe that'll prevent Flip from trading Love to the Cavs, but I sincerely doubt it.

I don't know if you're sincerely insulting me, or questioning my loyalty to the Celtics, which I also think is looked down upon in these forums, but I bleed green. I'm loyal to the Celtics day in and day out. I bleed green. I watch other teams, but in my heart Celtics are my one and only team. Hell, I've been a Mets fan. I went through enough sadness and despair to see last season as a joke for those who have been distraught, and said Ainge should be fired countless times.

Also Rubio is a terrible PG... He can't drive, and he doesn't have the ability to make passes under tough defense. Rubio can only do one thing right. Pass. He can't drive, doesn't even have a mid range, and players literally give him 3-4 inches of space to shoot the 3. You know your shot is terrible when you play the Rockets, and Harden is guarding you on every play.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2014, 12:20:52 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2014, 12:25:00 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Monkhouse, maybe we can trade Rondo to the Wolves for Rubio... that way you'd at least get a chance to watch the 48 win Rondo/Love duo do their thing. And maybe that'll prevent Flip from trading Love to the Cavs, but I sincerely doubt it.

I don't know if you're sincerely insulting me, or questioning my loyalty to the Celtics, which I also think is looked down upon in these forums,

Neither.  I'm joking that you have a better chance of seeing Rondo traded to the Wolves than Love traded to the Celtics at this point.  It's not happening.    But you sounded anxious to see Rondo + Love win 48 games together, so I figured if you are still looking for something to root for... root for the .000000001% chance of us trading Rondo to the Wolves... as opposed to the .00000000000000000001% chance of us landing Love.

I'm not being serious, man.  I'm disappointed too.  But I never really thought we had the assets to get it done anyways... so whatever.

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2014, 12:29:02 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

I don't know if you're sincerely insulting me, or questioning my loyalty to the Celtics, which I also think is looked down upon in these forums,

Neither.  I'm joking that you have a better chance of seeing Rondo traded to the Wolves than Love traded to the Celtics at this point.  It's not happening.    But you sounded anxious to see Rondo + Love win 48 games together, so I figured if you are still looking for something to root for... root for the .000000001% chance of us trading Rondo to the Wolves... as opposed to the .00000000000000000001% chance of us landing Love.

I'm not being serious, man.  I'm disappointed too.  But I never really thought we had the assets to get it done anyways... so whatever.

Okay just making sure, but if we do move Rondo, I will always keep 100% of my trust in Ainge. I know if we don't contend now, it'll take some time until we can.

I still think if we can maybe reel in that 2nd Allstar, Love would maybe be more interested in coming over here.

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2014, 12:33:45 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Okay just making sure, but if we do move Rondo, I will always keep 100% of my trust in Ainge. I know if we don't contend now, it'll take some time until we can.

I still think if we can maybe reel in that 2nd Allstar, Love would maybe be more interested in coming over here.
I have faith in Ainge too.  Ainge knows what he's doing.  He can turn nothing into something... to a certain extent.   But this is going to take time.  We should be in better position after tanking another year.  Let's see if we can develop some of these late 1st rounders (sully, oly, bradley) into viable trade chips.   I'm going to be surprised if we don't address the Rondo situation, though.   

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2014, 02:12:03 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

I have faith in Ainge too.  Ainge knows what he's doing.  He can turn nothing into something... to a certain extent.   But this is going to take time.  We should be in better position after tanking another year.  Let's see if we can develop some of these late 1st rounders (sully, oly, bradley) into viable trade chips.   I'm going to be surprised if we don't address the Rondo situation, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept him.

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2014, 02:20:06 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

I'm not giving up on Sullinger. I was one of his biggest fans, but his work ethic, come on.... You're 280? Are you serious? What have you been doing these past few months? Last time I checked if you slacked off or didn't do your job, you would be fired. I hope Sullinger proves me wrong. I still remember the day I watched Sullinger score like 20 pts, and 21 or 18 (?) with 4 APG, and broke the record for a Celtic since KG to achieve those numbers. Honestly if Sullinger ever did what Love did, and worked his butt off to lose weight, trim down, and gain some muscle, I can see Sullinger putting up 18/11/3.... I hope he does well. I would love to keep him, but I would LOVE Love over him ANY day!

Sounds like you were, I'd say give Sullinger a chance.

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2014, 02:22:32 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
If Cleveland offers Wiggins or Waiters+ pieces to Minnesota, I'm afraid I don't see how we can compete with that offer.  We have more draft picks, but we don't have potential star level talent to offer.  Unless Green+Sullinger+picks appeals to Minny.  But if it ever did, wouldn't a deal have been done by now?

I think now that Cleveland has Lebron, Love would totally want to go there to form a Big 3 with Lebron, Irving, and himself.  If push comes to shove, Cleveland might have to give up Wiggins to get it done, but with Lebron and Irving in place, I think Cleveland will want to contend immediately.  And Love could be that 3rd big piece they need.

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2014, 02:26:14 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
If Cleveland offers Wiggins or Waiters+ pieces to Minnesota, I'm afraid I don't see how we can compete with that offer.  We have more draft picks, but we don't have potential star level talent to offer.  Unless Green+Sullinger+picks appeals to Minny.  But if it ever did, wouldn't a deal have been done by now?

Flip was waiting to see if there were more offers. We'll see if the Cavs offer Wiggins.

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2014, 02:41:33 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Sullinger or Smart have got to play way above their heads for us to have any shot at Love at the trade deadline. I don't think Wiggins would be traded for Love so fast either bet they want to see him in action.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2014, 02:59:45 AM »

Offline AfamRealGM

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
Danny Ainge's refusal to trade Marcus Smart and 4 1st rounders will bite the Celtics for the next 5 years. Kevin Love was coming, now he's off to Cleveland. Smh.

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2014, 03:13:07 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
I would do 4 picks... I don't see why not. If one of them could be ours, and possibly one of the Clippers pick, two of the Nets pick, even if they do become a lottery pick, the Wolves are one of the worst franchises, and will most likely choose a bust lol.  ;)

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2014, 07:59:22 PM »

Offline Afam

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
Danny Ainge's refusal to trade Marcus Smart and 4 1st rounders will bite the Celtics for the next 5 years. Kevin Love was coming, now he's off to Cleveland. Smh.

Guys ignore this account. This is not Me.

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2014, 08:55:39 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

What is up with you people?

Where exactly did anybody hear that Love is going to Cleveland?  Can he sign outright with them?  No, they lack the cap space.  Do they have attractive assets to convince Minnesota to trade him to them? No, the only guys they have that re more valuable then Sully are Irving and Wiggins, and both are untouchable in this trade.

Aside from that, 4 first round picks plus Smart probably would not have gotten it done, we probably would have traded existing players.  Even if that did get it done, I'm not sure if I would do it.  Next year we will have the cap space to sign Love outright without giving up any of our picks or players, so why trade for him and give up all of that?  No team looks like they have the Wolves convinced yet, so there is every chance he will go off and sign next year with somebody either way.