Author Topic: Jeff Green for Greg Monroe trade idea  (Read 8264 times)

Re: Jeff Green for Greg Monroe trade idea
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 06:27:04 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Could someone more knowledgeable than I explain to us the difficulties of dual sign-and-trades?
I would like to know the answer to this question as well as how much the max for Greg Monroe would be this year.

The difficulty comes more from involving a player coming off of a rookie-scale contract who is in for a raise because it involves base-year compensation.  It's less of a problem for Detroit, since they can have ample cap space to accept more salary than they send out.  For them, Monroe's salary would count as around $6m outgoing, but he would count for his actual salary incoming to the other team.

The maximum salary for Greg Monroe is 25% of the salary cap.  We won't know exactly what the cap is until it is calculated during the July moratorium.  At the current projection of $63.2m, a max contract for Monroe would start around $15.8m, which would make the maximum value for a four-year deal be around $67.5m.

Bradley and Monroe are in the same boat (coming off of rookie-scale contracts), though, aren't they?

And with Boston not having cap space, it's going to be tricky to get the salaries to match up, I suspect. Maybe not.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 06:38:23 PM »

Offline Humpty Dumpty

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
What do you guys think of these 2 trades?

Detroit receives: Jeff Green, Gerald Wallace
Detroit sends: Josh Smith, Will Bynum

Detroit gets a more traditional SF and take on two lesser contracts in Green and Wallace. The Celtics get Josh Smith who should be able to produce much better playing his natural position instead of being forced to play SF.

Denver receives: Keith Bogans, Future 2nd
Denver sends: Timofey Mozgov

Denver shaves off salary and removes the logjam they have at the C position. Celtics get a true C in Timofey Mozgov.

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 06:40:48 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I feel that the Smith to Sacto rumors should pop up again. Kings can send BMac and filler.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 06:52:37 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Could someone more knowledgeable than I explain to us the difficulties of dual sign-and-trades?
I would like to know the answer to this question as well as how much the max for Greg Monroe would be this year.

The difficulty comes more from involving a player coming off of a rookie-scale contract who is in for a raise because it involves base-year compensation.  It's less of a problem for Detroit, since they can have ample cap space to accept more salary than they send out.  For them, Monroe's salary would count as around $6m outgoing, but he would count for his actual salary incoming to the other team.

The maximum salary for Greg Monroe is 25% of the salary cap.  We won't know exactly what the cap is until it is calculated during the July moratorium.  At the current projection of $63.2m, a max contract for Monroe would start around $15.8m, which would make the maximum value for a four-year deal be around $67.5m.

Bradley and Monroe are in the same boat (coming off of rookie-scale contracts), though, aren't they?

And with Boston not having cap space, it's going to be tricky to get the salaries to match up, I suspect. Maybe not.

A dual sign-and-trade means you have to satisfy base-year compensation both ways.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2014, 06:57:28 PM »

Offline Humpty Dumpty

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
I feel that the Smith to Sacto rumors should pop up again. Kings can send BMac and filler.

Totally forgot about that trade rumor. I can't see the C's making a better offer than the Kings so I guess any chances of us getting J-Smoove are out the window.

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2014, 07:16:02 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I'm down

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2014, 07:24:20 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Detroit gets a more traditional SF and take on two lesser contracts in Green and Wallace. The Celtics get Josh Smith who should be able to produce much better playing his natural position instead of being forced to play SF.

Denver shaves off salary and removes the logjam they have at the C position. Celtics get a true C in Timofey Mozgov.

Any trade resulting in the Celtics getting Josh Smith is  a big NO for moi.

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2014, 07:36:11 PM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
If we could get Monroe for Green somehow.  I say do it.  He is a solid center with some passing skills and a body built to bang and he has legit height.  as long as monroe promises to NOT hide like Green seems to do at times.  like 2 out of 3 games.
blind optimist or GENIUS

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 07:37:35 PM »

Offline TeamGreen.dm

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • here comes Banner 18

I don't want to get ANY PF to set back Sullinger and Olynyks progress. I think we got some good young talent at that position already
"I am not going to back down from any challenge. Like I said, you are going to have to prove to me. I am a fighter; I will keep fighting and will never give up." Marcus Smart

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2014, 08:54:06 PM »

Offline ticotop

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
Since the draft when Sac picked Stauskas, I've been wondering if there is a potential 3 team trade between Bos-Det-Sac out there if the stars align.

Principles would be:

Bos gets Monroe + Stauskas
Sac gets Josh Smith + Rondo
Det gets Jeff Green + Mclemore

It would probably require a S&T for Isaiah Thomas and a whole lot of other stuff to make the salaries work, but I can think of reasons why all parties involved might listen.  Detroit's end might need a little sweetening, but they would get to dump Josh Smith.

I was also thinking about this kind of trade, with these 3 teams, I just don't know how the salaries would work and didn't think about including Green, from my point of view Det is getting enough dumping Smith and rebuilding around Drummond, throw in maybe a pick or two for them, one from us and one from Sac
Go Celtics

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2014, 09:12:24 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm not down on Green as much as some others here but I would certainly trade him for Monroe. If we were able to get Monroe I'd prefer to keep Green, could make for a decent team. Not sure how else we get Monroe but there has to be some way, if he wanted to come here. We have the TPE of course, Bass, Sully, some non guaranteed contracts and plenty of future picks.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 09:26:57 PM by dreamgreen »

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2014, 10:02:48 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
no one wants jeff green aka uncle snooze, but if we can swing him for monroe that would be a great steal.

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2014, 10:17:32 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
If I owned a team and my GM made a Monroe for Green swap, I'd fire him immediately.

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2014, 10:20:52 PM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
Monroe and Green would be the main ingredients.  There would def need to be more involved to make it happen.
blind optimist or GENIUS

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2014, 10:24:12 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Count me in if this is borderline possible :p
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!