Author Topic: Jeff Green for Greg Monroe trade idea  (Read 8274 times)

Jeff Green for Greg Monroe trade idea
« on: June 30, 2014, 05:35:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
To Pistons: Jeff Green, Avery Bradley
To Celtics: Greg Monroe, Jerebko

Reason for Pistons: Josh Smith is better suited to play the PF spot.  The pistons have rumored to have liked to bring in Jeff Green before .  Avery Bradley would also be a nice pickup to play the teams starting SG

Reason for Celtics: Greg Monroe while is not really an above the rim kind of guy, has a nice 7'3 wingspan , 9.0 reach, is a very good rebounder and very skilled on the offensive end.  He has produced/played more naturally as a C than a PF.   

Potential lineup

C- Monroe
PF - KO/Sully
SF - Young
SG- Smart
PG - Rondo

vs

C - KO
PF - Sullinger
SF- Green
SG - Smart
PG - Rondo

which lineup would you rather have ?

Re: Jeff Green for Greg Monroe trade idea
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 05:37:01 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Could someone more knowledgeable than I explain to us the difficulties of dual sign-and-trades?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 05:40:08 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I like the Green for Monroe.

I know he doesn't play D, but a change in team and coach could change that. The tools are there, just need to get him to use them right.

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 05:41:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I like the Green for Monroe.

I know he doesn't play D, but a change in team and coach could change that. The tools are there, just need to get him to use them right.

He plays better d as a center vs pf.  Also like u said he coild get better

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 05:44:07 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

Reason for Pistons: Josh Smith is better suited to play the PF spot.  The pistons have rumored to have liked to bring in Jeff Green before .  Avery Bradley would also be a nice pickup to play the teams starting SG

Reason for Celtics: Greg Monroe while is not really an above the rim kind of guy, has a nice 7'3 wingspan , 9.0 reach, is a very good rebounder and very skilled on the offensive end.  He has produced/played more naturally as a C than a PF.   

Potential lineup

C- Monroe
PF - KO/Sully
SF - Young
SG- Smart
PG - Rondo

vs

C - KO
PF - Sullinger
SF- Green
SG - Smart
PG - Rondo

I would love to get Monroe.  Do it Danny!!
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 05:46:03 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Could someone more knowledgeable than I explain to us the difficulties of dual sign-and-trades?
I would like to know the answer to this question as well as how much the max for Greg Monroe would be this year.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 05:46:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Potential lineup

C- Monroe
PF - KO/Sully
SF - Young
SG- Smart
PG - Rondo

vs

C - KO
PF - Sullinger
SF- Green
SG - Smart
PG - Rondo

I would love to get Monroe.  Do it Danny!!

yup. I know they like to get Rondo but Danny likely won't do that trade.  Green is someone they can use anyways. Makes the lineup work better.

The pistons can't keep Monroe and Drummond upfront together. It hasn't worked. If they just keep the same team as last years they will get nowhere again . If i were them i trade Monroe for sure and get rid of Brandon Jennings

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 05:50:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I would like to know the answer to this question as well as how much the max for Greg Monroe would be this year.

same here

Would the Celtics have to sign AB and Detroit have to sign Monroe before a trade can happen??

Or just trade the rights and worse case scenerio AB and Monroe play for their teams for 1 year? (if nobody makes them an offer)

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 05:50:14 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Get Monroe for Green and then go after Parsons or Haywood for your SF. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 06:05:16 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

who is haywood?

I rather take my chances with James Young at the sf spot.

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 06:08:09 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

who is haywood?

Looks like we've got ourselves a time machine and its set for 1969.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 06:12:15 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
Since the draft when Sac picked Stauskas, I've been wondering if there is a potential 3 team trade between Bos-Det-Sac out there if the stars align.

Principles would be:

Bos gets Monroe + Stauskas
Sac gets Josh Smith + Rondo
Det gets Jeff Green + Mclemore

It would probably require a S&T for Isaiah Thomas and a whole lot of other stuff to make the salaries work, but I can think of reasons why all parties involved might listen.  Detroit's end might need a little sweetening, but they would get to dump Josh Smith.

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 06:12:27 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I'm sure SVG is dying to get him some Jeff Green.....

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 06:23:38 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

The difficulty comes more from involving a player coming off of a rookie-scale contract who is in for a raise because it involves base-year compensation.  It's less of a problem for Detroit, since they can have ample cap space to accept more salary than they send out.  For them, Monroe's salary would count as around $6m outgoing, but he would count for his actual salary incoming to the other team.

The maximum salary for Greg Monroe is 25% of the salary cap.  We won't know exactly what the cap is until it is calculated during the July moratorium.  At the current projection of $63.2m, a max contract for Monroe would start around $15.8m, which would make the maximum value for a four-year deal be around $67.5m.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2014, 06:25:24 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

same here

Would the Celtics have to sign AB and Detroit have to sign Monroe before a trade can happen??

Or just trade the rights and worse case scenerio AB and Monroe play for their teams for 1 year? (if nobody makes them an offer)

You can't trade their rights.  You would have to sign them to a contract that only executes if they are traded.  Players in a sign-and-trade have to be signed to a contract at least three years in length, although only the first year has to be guaranteed.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference