Author Topic: I bet Lebron goes to the Hornets.  (Read 6826 times)

Re: I bet Lebron goes to the Hornets.
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2014, 03:10:31 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I know his name..  I don't like him as a persn.  He is lucky I dont call him loss brain.  Thanks for the help though.

I believe his chance of getting a ring is far better in chartotte than Miami.  Miami should have lost to Indy.  I would have fired Indy's coach myself.  He blew it.  He want's to win and win a lot.  That is never going to happen in Miami.  There done competing for rings.

Charlotte has the big that can score in the paint.  Miami does not.  switch AJ and Bosh and miami might have won that series.  Just sayin.  Having a big that commands a double make everyone else more dangerous, including Loss Brain!  :)

Jefferson's not very dangerous more than ten feet from the basket though, and that hurts LeBron's drive (or post) and kick game. Its the same reason why Dwight isn't a great fit with LeBron (although Jefferson certainly demands more attention on offense).

LeBron can drive just fine with 1 big man playing in the paint.

The problem is when he plays alongside 2 big men who need to be in the paint. Like what happened in Cleveland when JJ Hickson and Varejao were the floor spacing PFs alongside Shaquille O'Neal. End result = ineffective spacing.

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2014, 03:12:36 PM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
Howard's the center for the Rockets -- one of the teams that LeBron has been speculated to go to (even if he's staying in Miami, which he is). A lot of the things that people say about LeBron and Howard on offense also apply to LeBron and Jefferson. I'm surprised I need to spell this out.

Any team is going to happily allow Jefferson to shoot long twos all day if they're looking at an offense that features Jefferson and LeBron. Charlotte would tear their hair out if that was the end result of a majority of their possessions.

Fortunatly their coach is a far more capable coach than you apparently would be.  I can't believe I had to spell that out.  See how rude that comes across.  And by the way, You are wrong on the Dwight, Jefferson comparison.  Just as Drexler worked with the Dream.  They would make each other more dangerous!

Over four years, we've seen that LeBron works best in a lineup as the 4 with another big who can stretch the floor to at least the corner three. Jefferson doesn't do that, and neither does Dwight. Beyond that, I'm not making any comparison between the two big men.

How can you say he plays best with a stretch 5.  He has never played with a post scoring big before.  With his improved jumper and ability to slash, shoot and dish, he and a post player like AJ would be sick on offense.  Noah shoots well also. 

I'm ok with you disagreeing with my perspective.  I just can't wrap my head around the way you think a solid wing player will regress playing with a dominant post player.  Those two things together is what most winning teams want and win with.  Shaq and Kobe.  Shaq and D Wade.  Tim D and horry,Sean elliot, ginobli. Hakeem and Horry.
blind optimist or GENIUS

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2014, 03:17:21 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I know his name..  I don't like him as a persn.  He is lucky I dont call him loss brain.  Thanks for the help though.

I believe his chance of getting a ring is far better in chartotte than Miami.  Miami should have lost to Indy.  I would have fired Indy's coach myself.  He blew it.  He want's to win and win a lot.  That is never going to happen in Miami.  There done competing for rings.

Charlotte has the big that can score in the paint.  Miami does not.  switch AJ and Bosh and miami might have won that series.  Just sayin.  Having a big that commands a double make everyone else more dangerous, including Loss Brain!  :)

Jefferson's not very dangerous more than ten feet from the basket though, and that hurts LeBron's drive (or post) and kick game. Its the same reason why Dwight isn't a great fit with LeBron (although Jefferson certainly demands more attention on offense).

The problem is when he plays alongside 2 big men who need to be in the paint. Like what happened in Cleveland when JJ Hickson and Varejao were the floor spacing PFs alongside Shaquille O'Neal. End result = ineffective spacing.

That's fair, hence:

Over four years, we've seen that LeBron works best in a lineup as the 4 with another big who can stretch the floor to at least the corner three. Jefferson doesn't do that, and neither does Dwight. Beyond that, I'm not making any comparison between the two big men.

How can you say he plays best with a stretch 5.  He has never played with a post scoring big before.  With his improved jumper and ability to slash, shoot and dish, he and a post player like AJ would be sick on offense.  Noah shoots well also. 

I'm ok with you disagreeing with my perspective.  I just can't wrap my head around the way you think a solid wing player will regress playing with a dominant post player.  Those two things together is what most winning teams want and win with.  Shaq and Kobe.  Shaq and D Wade.  Tim D and horry,Sean elliot, ginobli. Hakeem and Horry.

Shaq wasn't a post scoring big? Because, you know, he played with LeBron.

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2014, 03:25:34 PM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown

That's fair, hence:

Shaq wasn't a post scoring big? Because, you know, he played with LeBron.

Yes they did play together.  And whom was the coach? Do you know what he is doing now?  LOL.  If you read my original post I definetly mentioned the coach.  I appear to put a much higher emphasis on quality coaching than most others do. I watched a lot of the Bobcats last year and it is no accident they made the playoffs. 
blind optimist or GENIUS

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2014, 03:29:18 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Agreed. They played plodding basketball -- high emphasis on defense and creating turnovers, taking care of the ball, and playing with a slow pace to maximize the benefit of that style of play.

LeBron makes any team he goes to better. I don't think pairing him with Jefferson and the HorneCats is the best that LeBron could do.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2014, 03:33:32 PM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
Just looking at the team and the youth it appears to me that his window would be larger in Charlotte.  Houston would work too but the MJ LJ makreting would be lost.  Houston is the only other team I see him maybe getting a ring with.  It aint happening in Miami and LJ knows this.
blind optimist or GENIUS

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2014, 03:38:23 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Ah, see, I'm fairly confident that he's not leaving Miami.

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2014, 03:46:24 PM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
Ah, see, I'm fairly confident that he's not leaving Miami.

I just dont see Miami getting out of the east again.  I seriously dont think they will be able to beat the Horncats let alone Indy.
blind optimist or GENIUS