Author Topic: I bet Lebron goes to the Hornets.  (Read 6825 times)

I bet Lebron goes to the Hornets.
« on: June 30, 2014, 02:09:36 AM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
I believe this is where the kid ends up.  They have a solid young core with quality bigs and guards. Most of them young.  I believe they could afford to take on the kind of contract Labron would require.  This would give you a starting line up of Kemba, Henderson, Labron, Noah and AJ.  A bench of MKG, Zeller, Neal. plus fillers.  Maybe McRoberts comes back.  This team coached like it is would give Labron the largest window as far as years competing for titles.

Now lets talk about the marketing frenzy it would create.  Labron could play for less as the marketing money would be sick. Potentialy 2 of the greatest teaming up.  Labron having the mentor he needs to take it to the next level.  I believe Labrons mindset is the last piece missing keeping him from complete dominance of the league.  If he opens up to MJ's wisdom and knowledge he could reach his max potential.

Ok, lets have it.  What do others think?  Cringes :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 02:44:18 AM by dmopower »
blind optimist or GENIUS

Re: Lebron to Hornets.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 02:11:38 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
The title is deceiving and should be edited to something like "I bet LeBron ends up with the Hornets" or something...
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 02:13:54 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
There has to be a rule that requires the person to write "idea" or "prediction". Titles like these can be misleading.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 02:29:31 AM by Rondo9 »

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 02:16:41 AM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
I believe this is where the kid ends up.  They have a solid young core with quality bigs and guards. Most of them young.  I believe they could afford to take on the kind of contract Labron would require.  This would give you a starting line up of Kemba, Henderson, Labron, Noah and AJ.  A bench of MKG, Zeller, Neal. plus fillers.  Maybe McRoberts comes back.  This team coached like it is would give Labron the largest window as far as years competing for titles.

Now lets talk about the marketing frenzy it would create.  Labron could play for less as the marketing money would be sick. Potentialy 2 of the greatest teaming up.  Labron having the mentor he needs to take it to the next level.  I believe Labrons mindset is the last piece missing keeping him from complete dominance of the league.  If he opens up to MJ's wisdom and knowledge he could reach his max potential.

Blegh... If he doesnt think his supportimg cast in Miami is good enough to contend he sure isnt gonna like this support cast... But i do like the idea of him teaming up woth MJ..

Re: I bet Lebron goes to the Hornets.
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 02:44:44 AM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
Sorry and thanks guys. 
blind optimist or GENIUS

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 02:51:28 AM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown

Blegh... If he doesnt think his supportimg cast in Miami is good enough to contend he sure isnt gonna like this support cast... But i do like the idea of him teaming up woth MJ..

How do you figure.  AJ is a huge improvment over Bosh.  He shoots nearly as well and is better in every other way. And can bang much better than Bosh.  Kimba is much better than Chalmers with a much higher upside. Henderson is the perfect 2 to play with LJ and Kimba.  Noah is better than people think I believe with huge upside and a shot that will allow AJ to operate the paint the same way and Noah can man the post when AJ goes to the bench.  I think they would instantly be better than this years heat.  If AJ had stayed healthy Miami would of been lucky to beat them as it was.
blind optimist or GENIUS

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 03:39:34 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
The thing about a "supporting cast" [FKA: "Team"] and Lebron is simply that wherever he goes, the supporting cast will follow.

He can go wherever he wants, and a supporting cast of  role players and has-beens (or both, i.e. Ray Allen et al) will follow, along with a sub-star that is willing to swap pride for a chance to play any role in a meaningful game.

Such is the modern NBA.

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 04:20:44 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
When you said Hornets, I thought of the Pelicans. I have been getting them confused lately because of the name. So I imagined a team of
Jrue Holiday
Tyreke Evans
Lebron
Anthony Davis
Omer Asik
with Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon coming off the bench.

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 04:24:25 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
The thing about a "supporting cast" [FKA: "Team"] and Lebron is simply that wherever he goes, the supporting cast will follow.

He can go wherever he wants, and a supporting cast of  role players and has-beens (or both, i.e. Ray Allen et al) will follow, along with a sub-star that is willing to swap pride for a chance to play any role in a meaningful game.

Such is the modern NBA.
He's a gunslinger, mercinary, hired gun. Just like Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven. Actually no, he's no Eastwood. He is the Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.s in the town. The ones who save up money to post the reward......Thats Lebron.

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 07:22:00 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He's a gunslinger, mercinary, hired gun. Just like Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven. Actually no, he's no Eastwood. He is the ****s in the town. The ones who save up money to post the reward......Thats Lebron.

LeBron is English Bob.  Loves attention, good at what he does, but folded in the face of adversity sometimes.

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 08:06:21 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Hornets had the best draft in my opinion. Not sure that leads to Lebron but I love the Vonleh, Hairston, Powell trifecta.

Three players with really good potential.

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 08:57:51 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
no stars on the team, he would not go there cuz he won't win

He is going to a place where there are multiple stars, easy path to the finals. ie: staying in Miami as his priamry choice

And I'm still having trouble associating the hornets with Charlotte and not New Orleans

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 09:04:55 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
He's a gunslinger, mercinary, hired gun. Just like Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven. Actually no, he's no Eastwood. He is the ****s in the town. The ones who save up money to post the reward......Thats Lebron.

LeBron is English Bob.  Loves attention, good at what he does, but folded in the face of adversity sometimes.

Love that movie!

She's not going to the Hornets!

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 09:19:29 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Unforgiven. Excellent.

But LeBron's not going to the West.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2014, 09:21:19 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

I know who Lebron is but I don't know who Labron is.