Author Topic: Idea: Rondo and Wallace to Miami  (Read 2949 times)

Idea: Rondo and Wallace to Miami
« on: June 29, 2014, 03:53:35 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Boston sends: Rajon Rondo and Gerald Wallace

Miami sends: Mario Chalmers S&T Birdman S&T Roster Filler 2 first round picks 2016 2018

Boston gets out of the Wallace contract and get a solid big man in Birdman. Also get out of that Wallace deal can't stress that enough. Plus even though they're in the mid 20's those first rounders will be good to have. They would need to figure out what type of salary would work there. But Rondo would look [dang] good playing next to King James. Getting two picks alone for a guy who isn't a star in the NBA is huge. In this deal only the first year of Birdman and Chalmers deals are guaranteed.

Re: Idea: Rondo and Wallace to Miami
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 03:55:41 PM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
Make it 3 1sts and Napier and you have something there...

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 04:03:43 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum

I don't think there's any way a team is giving the Celtics the equivalent of 4 1sts for Rondo while taking on Wallace. Rondo is a glorified role player. If he wasn't I'm pretty sure the C's could have used him to trade up pretty high. But he is what he is. 

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 04:07:09 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 04:11:56 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I don't think there's any way a team is giving the Celtics the equivalent of 4 1sts for Rondo while taking on Wallace. Rondo is a glorified role player. If he wasn't I'm pretty sure the C's could have used him to trade up pretty high. But he is what he is.

just out of curiosity, how long does it take for the budding superstars in the draft to become role players or treadmill players? Is it a few months, or just a game or two? Are they like new cars, where they lost a huge amount of value as soon as you drive them off the lot?

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 04:15:47 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Didn't you hear Simmons about not helping Miami!

I think a lot of people wouldn't be happy about that kind of deal that would make Miami a lot better.

Plus we wouldn't get a good return. If we are getting draft picks from a team, either a decent play needs to come over, or the picks need to be so far out that there is a chance they will be good. Don't really want high 20 picks for Rondo.

It's why SAC is a good partner for this. Even improved the West is so tough, the pick will end up being in the low 20's or at best high teens.

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 04:17:25 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum

just out of curiosity, how long does it take for the budding superstars in the draft to become role players or treadmill players? Is it a few months, or just a game or two? Are they like new cars, where they lost a huge amount of value as soon as you drive them off the lot?

I'm curious how you seem to think Rondo is a star in this league. If he was a star point guard he would be able to at least lead the Celtics to a playoff seed in the weak East. There is nothing wrong with being a role player at PG. You can make a pretty good living at it. But he is never going to be the guy to put the team on his back. Tim you need to stop living in the past of that Philly game.

It helps the Celtics a ton. We get assets as the ability to get out of Birdman/Rio's contract after a year and get out of the Wallace contract.

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 04:25:44 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
miami would do this trade in a millisecond.
they get a star PG to take pressure/wear and tear off lebron and wade, and htough they're taking on a bloated wallace contract, wallace could still help them, he'd be ultra-motivated, and would be an upgrade to battier.
and the heat draft picks aren't that great, they'd be late, late 1st-rounders.
problem is boston should be able to get a better deal than this. sacto has already offered the 8-pick in a good draft, plus a prospect. so danny would never take that deal from miami.

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 04:46:45 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221

I'm curious how you seem to think Rondo is a star in this league. If he was a star point guard he would be able to at least lead the Celtics to a playoff seed in the weak East. There is nothing wrong with being a role player at PG. You can make a pretty good living at it. But he is never going to be the guy to put the team on his back. Tim you need to stop living in the past of that Philly game.

It helps the Celtics a ton. We get assets as the ability to get out of Birdman/Rio's contract after a year and get out of the Wallace contract.

At least make that argument when he wasn't coming back from a major injury almost half way in the season,while not playing back to backs  ::) But I forgot everyone that posts on here are professional athletes that have been through this before..my bad.

So what does that say about our other stars that were here (KG and PP) that couldn't get out the 1st round in 2013? Does it make them any less of a star? What's your criteria?

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 05:08:20 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6

Well if Miami r interested they better offer up 50 first rounders cuz ill actually die if i see Rondo in that ugly Heat uniform...

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 05:09:09 PM »

Offline Randy

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 4
The Heat aren't going to give Rondo a max contract just to have a point guard on the floor that will barley touch the ball when Lebron's on the court and they aren't going to take Wallace either.  I think Avery Bradley at point would be better for the heat.

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 05:10:28 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
Not even... Maybe Rondo + Wallace + any other bad contract we want to get rid of for Napier, Cole, Ray Allen, and 3 first rounders... And even then id still be p---ed... -_-

NO RONDO TO MIAMI!! Delete this thread!!

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 05:12:38 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White

This is beyond retarded... No point to argue with u... Ur either a troll or a blind hater..

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 08:03:32 AM »

Offline e4sym0de

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
I highly disagree with your assumption that Rondo is a Role-Player and I think the wast majority would disagree as well.

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2014, 08:09:16 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
If you're gonna go through all this trouble to imaginary trade Rondo to Miami...

Just imaginary waive him, man...