Author Topic: Any chance after the draft that we help Cleveland clear cap space?  (Read 591 times)

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/6/25/5840148/boston-celtics-help-cleveland-cavaliers-lebron-james-carmelo-anthony-parker-wiggins-nba-draft-rumor

Anyone think anything like this could possibly be in the works, perhaps maybe on a smaller scale? I don't see how Cleveland thinks they're going to get Lebron and another star without shedding some salary through some team like this, and there isn't anyone better to do this with than us with our TPE and non-guaranteed contracts. And, suppose it went exactly like this, highly unlikely, and we got Wiggins, does that make Rondo that much more expendable by going with the youth movement?

Re: Any chance after the draft that we help Cleveland clear cap space?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 03:41:29 PM »

Offline Randy

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 4
Have the Cavs even said they have the slightest interest in getting Lebron back?

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 03:52:37 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
We could. I think we could get them about 9 mill in expirings. And use the TE and grab Side Show.

But it's not going to happen...

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 03:58:46 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Randy, from my understanding that's pretty much their entire off-season plan lol It is speculation that they'd want both Melo and Lebron, but it's hard to see Lebron going to Cleveland without another major star with him (outside of Kyrie).