Author Topic: Possible trading partners for Rondo?  (Read 6944 times)

Re: Possible trading partners for Rondo?
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2014, 09:36:33 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I've been looking over the teams and DA was right a few months ago saying that about 20 teams have their PG.

Problem now is that DA drafted a PG/SG, to get one in return like a Bleadsoe from PHX or a Thomas from SAC doesn't make sense if we are nuking this thing and going young.

If Love or Melo doesn't pan out, I'm for moving Rondo. Just makes sense for both camps. Unless Rondo wants to take a discount and develop players for the next 3 or 4 years.

Huston makes sense in a Salary dump taking Lin, gets rid of a contract next summer, need to get picks out of it. All though if we could pry Harden out so they can sign Melo and Lebron, I'm good going forward with a Smart/Harden Back court.

Indy will want him, but they don't have much for players we'd want. I mean I'd want George, but no way they are giving him up. Not sure I'd want Hibbert, and Bird wants Stevens to stay. But maybe a S&T with Turner.

NO could work, but they already have Holiday. Gordon would complement Smart with his out side shooting. Rather have Evans for size though.

OKC could make sense. We'd need to get them some more scoring but they might want to move away from Westbrook/Durant combo. But I'm not sure how a Smart/Westbrook back court would work out. And I don't think OKC is that desperate yet.

SAC might be the best bet. If they move for Smith and we don't get Love or Melo, I think this is what will most likely happen. As long as we get Stauskas, have them take Wallace and get a pick or two, I think that would be the best over all deal.

Bottom line, I don't think we are getting a lot for Rondo. We'll be lucky to get a couple young guys and picks. Just like Minni, we'll get the short end of the stick in the beginning, but maybe come out for the better in the long run.

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2014, 10:25:26 AM »

Offline DraftSmart33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Teams who may be interested:

Houston: Lin/Beverly is all they have and while either might have their moments of effectiveness I don't think they warrant a long term starting job in the NBA. Rondo would be a good fit with this team but we would likely have to take Lin back along with our target player (Parsons)

Sacramento: Isiah Thomas/? is a scorer who averaged 20pts a game last year and probably gave up 30 on the other end.  He wouldn't be a bad spark plug back up for a team but is also a RFA who might want more money than he actually deserves.  I also question the mind of anyone who's played for Sac town more than a few years.  When you live with crazies for too long.....anyway Thomas, Stauskas/McClemore, and a 1st might be as good as it gets from any team. 

Atlanta:  Jeff Teague/Shroeder: I wouldn't be shocked if the Hawks jump into the mix.  They have some talent on their roster and it must kill them that the Hornets are suddenly making sense with their moves.  Rondo, Korver, Milsap, Horford isn't an awful foursome and are all about the same age.  I'm not sure what they could give us back but their seems to be a fit for them.

Milwaukee: Knight/Wolters:The Bucks are young with Parker, Gianis, Henson, Wolters and Knight but also have money assigned to Sanders, OJ Mayo, Illaysova.  They might be able to create a nice package for Rondo and he clearly could be a nice fit with Mayo on one side and Parker on the other.

Detroit:  Jennings: Detroit is a mess.  They have numerous big contacts and their roster makes very little sense.  I'm not sure how Rondo solves any of their problems but I can see them as interested.

Indiana: **Hill/Watson:  Bird loves Rondo.  The Pacers are a contender who wants to make a move.  What better way than by picking a past first guard who can feed the dysfunction.  On a positive not I'm pretty sure that Rondo won't sleep with Hibberts wife. Also not sure what they could give us in return.

New York:  Calderon: The Knicks don't develop teams that buy them.  Jackson likes Rondo and would likely use him to keep Melo happy and draw in other FA interest (next year of course because they don't have a dime to spend)

Toronto: Lowry?: The Raptors had a good year but I'm not sure how.  They drafted horribly and won't be able to attract any FA signing but like the previous teams could have interest in Rondo.

Dallas: Felton/Harris: They have nothing to offer us but they might be the Nets of the West, Old and still thinking they have it.  Maybe we could pry a trove of picks to give Dirk a chance.

Los Angelos: Who is there PG? I believe their roster is Kobe, Randel and Nash.  They couldn't give us talent but we could get cap relief and future picks....than again I refuse to deal with LA.

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2014, 10:33:41 AM »

Offline celticbos

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 5
Bass and Rondo for Serge Ibaka and Jackson would work.

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2014, 10:41:14 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
We should move RR now while his value is somewhat high!   Rondo is NOT a great player!  No one is lining up fighting to get him----or even make offers.  If we could have gotten a lottery pick for him we should have gone for it! 
Don't get me completely wrong----Rondo is good----real good, he just has no tremendous value around the league.  With the right players around him, he excels.  On his own, not much.  I mean look at what we offered for Love---6,17, KO and or Sully, and 3 other first round picks.  Now look at the crap we're hoping to get for Rondo!  We're talking maybe a young gun like Parsons or Hibbert, and MAYBE a first round pick---really?  Think about other big stars who hit the trade market.  Rondo doesn't even sniff their value!  And we would have to put out a max contract next year! C'mon!

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2014, 11:32:06 AM »

Offline Randy

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 4
Bass and Rondo for Serge Ibaka and Jackson would work.

Not sure how they feel about bass but I think he is capable of doing most of the things Ibaka does besides 3's. I don't think they trade Ibaka though. I'm not sure if it makes sense at all for the Thunder to go after Rondo. I think they are probably more interested in role players to build their bench but I thought it would be interesting to see Rondo on that team.

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2014, 12:27:12 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
NO could work, but they already have Holiday. Gordon would complement Smart with his out side shooting. Rather have Evans for size though.

Jrue Holiday and future 1sts would be an attractive offer.

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2014, 12:31:23 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

Maybe...the pelicans are 1-2 years away from being an annual playoff team though so the picks dont have very good potential.

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2014, 12:33:22 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I would guess it's just a matter of what kind of package a team would be willing to give up for Rondo. I feel there will be a bunch of teams that call but no serious buyers unfortunately. However based on rumored teams there could be some interesting packages

Lakers= Nash, filler and Randle for Rondo  :D
Rockets= Lin, Jones, and Parsons(S&T) for Rondo and Green  :)
Kings=Thompson, Mclemore, Thomas, 2015 1st, and Williams for Rondo  ::)
Pistons= Moreno(S&T), Jerebko, future 1st and Bynum for Rondo and Green  :)

The not so interesting
Raptors= Future 1st, Salmons, Fields, Novack, and Hayes for Rondo and Wallace  :-[
Pacers= Hill, Tuner (S&T), Filler, Future Picks for Rondo and Green  >:(

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2014, 12:34:50 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128

When is the next NOP first rounder available? 2016?
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2014, 12:39:35 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Rondo & Anthony for Hibbert. Not a huge fan of his, he seems slow and not very athletic, but a big rotation of Hibbert/KO/Sully may work well and he is a rim protector.

Right now I'd do it, but like to get a more athletic center, seems the way the league is going.

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2014, 12:41:31 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128

Maybe...the pelicans are 1-2 years away from being an annual playoff team though so the picks dont have very good potential.

I don't know about that. They seem like they're making Cleveland style moves rather than OKC style moves by hemorrhaging picks and future cap space in order to make playoff splashes. I like the Asik move, but they'll need to resign him next year to big money in order to keep him, and really with how competitive the West is, can you guarantee that they're in the playoffs or that they're competing for the playoffs? Isn't that likely to get frustrating for Davis?
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2014, 08:25:02 AM »

Offline TeamGreen.dm

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • here comes Banner 18
Sick of the Rondo trades. A player considered a leader among veterans and now that we need a ring leader for a young core and we all want to trade him. Rondo is a walking double double (triple) we now have a playmaker to put beside him in Smart. We have young PFs who can both stretch the floor. This team is a solid rim protector and a niceyoung swing man (Parsons,Heyward,Stephenson) from being a strong team in the East. Rondo is a born leader and has shown he can be THE man. Teams aren't fighting for him because of tthe decking value of the PG position NOT the decline of Rondo.
"I am not going to back down from any challenge. Like I said, you are going to have to prove to me. I am a fighter; I will keep fighting and will never give up." Marcus Smart

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2014, 08:37:34 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Sick of the Rondo trades. A player considered a leader among veterans and now that we need a ring leader for a young core and we all want to trade him. Rondo is a walking double double (triple) we now have a playmaker to put beside him in Smart. We have young PFs who can both stretch the floor. This team is a solid rim protector and a niceyoung swing man (Parsons,Heyward,Stephenson) from being a strong team in the East. Rondo is a born leader and has shown he can be THE man. Teams aren't fighting for him because of tthe decking value of the PG position NOT the decline of Rondo.

Yep, that is all and well but what if Rondo does not want to stay?  What if he doesn't want to be Mr. Rogers or Daddy Day Care to the youngsters?   Then we have to trade him.  It may not be up the C's.   I think drafting Young could have been a reach out to him as Young played for UK and so did Rondo.

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2014, 08:47:30 AM »

Offline TeamGreen.dm

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • here comes Banner 18

Yep, that is all and well but what if Rondo does not want to stay?  What if he doesn't want to be Mr. Rogers or Daddy Day Care to the youngsters?   Then we have to trade him.  It may not be up the C's.   I think drafting Young could have been a reach out to him as Young played for UK and so did Rondo.

Isn't he on record saying he wants to stay? And if he isn't willing to re sign than yes you're right we'd have to at least get some sort of asset package for him. I guess I just hate hearing about my favorite player being traded away fromy favorite team haha
"I am not going to back down from any challenge. Like I said, you are going to have to prove to me. I am a fighter; I will keep fighting and will never give up." Marcus Smart

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2014, 09:32:34 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Isn't he on record saying he wants to stay?

Yes, he has said he wants to stay.  I like him a lot too.