Author Topic: Possible trading partners for Rondo?  (Read 6978 times)

Possible trading partners for Rondo?
« on: June 27, 2014, 11:14:21 PM »

Offline Randy

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 4
So what teams do you think want/would consider Rondo that he would also resign with?

Thunder? - Move Westbrook to shooting guard ?
Rockets?
Pacers?
Edit : Maybe Lakers if they get Melo?

These are the only 3 teams that I see him going to in free agency or a trade. The more I think about it the more I think Rondo stays put no matter what.

Re: Possible trading partners for Rondo?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 11:24:44 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
HOU and IND are the two top tickets, but I'm pretty sure only Houston would consider taking Wallace as well.

Returns would be either Parsons or Hibbert (perhaps) as the main piece coming back.

And Hibbert would make the most sense for us, position-wise.

But I'm sure Danny would rather send him out West, and also not to Larry's place, where he'll get all the old dirt on Danny.

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 11:28:57 PM »

Offline Randy

• Payton Pritchard
HOU and IND are the two top tickets, but I'm pretty sure only Houston would consider taking Wallace as well.

Returns would be either Parsons or Hibbert (perhaps) as the main piece coming back.

But I'm sure Danny would rather send him out West, and also not to Larry's place, where he'll get all the old dirt on Danny.

A Hibert trade came to mind but don't you think he's a little overpaid and is it worth paying him that much for the next 3 years when we probably aren't going to be contenders?

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 11:35:16 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

A Hibert trade came to mind but don't you think he's a little overpaid and is it worth paying him that much for the next 3 years when we probably aren't going to be contenders?

We're not going to be contending for the next 3 years?!

Oh boy :(

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 11:36:07 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I think Detroit makes some sense. Maybe try and pair him with Josh Smith. Too bad Joe Dumars isn't there anymore. If he was, we might have had a decent chance of getting Drummond lol.

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 11:36:34 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Delete

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 11:39:38 PM »

Offline Randy

• Payton Pritchard

When I say contenders I'm thinking top 3 seed. That doesn't seem all that likely to me, sadly but I hope I'm wrong. Do you think otherwise though?

And I can see the Celtics being willing take a deal from Detroit but I think Rondo's unwillingness to resign there would prevent any trade from happening.

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 11:40:13 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Depending on what happens with the Bledsoe situation in Phoenix, I wonder if dealing Rondo for Bledsoe might make some sense

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 11:41:13 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Why trade Rondo? I don't get it. People are over reacting. He has one year on his contract and we don't even know if Avery Bradley is coming back. We only have one real SG under contract and that is James Young. There is plenty of playing time for Rondo, Smart, Young and one other player. Smart is a combo guard with size. He can defend shooting guards. He can play with Rondo. Young can play with Rondo. The one who should be worried is Bradley.

Besides. Rondo was no where near 100% last year and has yet to prove to other teams that he is anywhere close to being back to his old self. The Celtics will not get any value for him until he can prove that he has regained at least some of his lateral quickness. Otherwise people will continue to blow right by him.

Also did anyone watch the finals. The spurs superior guard play and Kawhi Leonard (guarded by D Wade) are what won them the title. Parker, Mills, Ginobli, Green - all contributed something to the mix. Without the rookies we only have Rondo, Pressey, Babb and Johnson (last two are team options). Young replaces Babb. Smart replaces Pressey and that is assuming Bradley is coming back.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 11:48:57 PM by gar »

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 11:41:16 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

When I say contenders I'm thinking top 3 seed. That doesn't seem all that likely to me, sadly but I hope I'm wrong. Do you think otherwise though?

It's really hard to say. No, you're probably right (lol.)

I am hoping Danny pulls a rabbit out of a hat like he did in 2007, but I just don't know.

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 11:43:23 PM »

Offline Corey

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 14
FWIW...Indy, Charlotte, Atlanta and Memphis are closest to home for him.

As far as fit goes, Lakers, Kings, Rockets

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 11:44:22 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Why trade Rondo? I don't get it. People are over reacting. He has one year on his contract and we don't even know if Avery Bradley is coming back. We only have one real SG under contract and that is James Young. There is plenty of playing time for Rondo, Smart, Young and one other player. Smart is a combo guard with size. He can defend shooting guards. He can play with Rondo. Young can play with Rondo. The one who should be worried is Bradley.

Besides. Rondo was no where near 100% last year and has yet to prove to other teams that he is anywhere close to being back to his old self. The Celtics will not get any value for him until he can prove that he has regained at least some of his lateral quickness. Otherwise people will continue to blow right by him.

I think this post was made just for conversation but to answer your question, I don't necessarily want to see Rondo traded.

The only Rondo trade/s I would like is if it was for another established player/s to help make the team better.

But to deal Rondo for draft picks, etc....no thanks.

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 11:44:47 PM »

Offline Randy

• Payton Pritchard
Depending on what happens with the Bledsoe situation in Phoenix, I wonder if dealing Rondo for Bledsoe might make some sense

Has crossed my mind but do you think they are better with Rondo apposed to just giving Bledsoe the type of many he's going to want? Also not sure if he would resign.

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 11:44:56 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Sacramento still makes sense.  I'd rather have Stauskas than McLemore.  Stauskas and picks plus contract filler.

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2014, 11:47:17 PM »

Offline Randy

• Payton Pritchard

I don't want to trade him unless he goes to Danny and says "I'm out of here next year so trade me or I'm walking". I think this thread will if anything show people how unlikely it is we do NOT get read of Rondo.

@knuckleballer I thought he made it clear he would not sign to the Kings or did I make that up?